Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kappor
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KapporYour feedback matters!
I have a very sensitive skin with lots of ance pimples and dark spots. And nowadays nw skin is getting dull and dark. Can you please help.
Actually I am very much worried about my skin tone which is black in colour what are the measures I can take to make skin fair.
We have for ages seen our parents and our grandparents reach out for a piece of jaggery at the end of every meal. Jaggery is healthier compared to refined sugar because of its deposition of phytochemicals and other important minerals. While many people do not choose jaggery because of its no-so-good-appearance, it is perhaps more sensible to consume it considering the host of health benefits it offers.
Here is a list of benefits that can be extracted from the consumption of jaggery.
- Skin benefits: Jaggery nourishes the skin in the true sense of the word. Owing to the numerous amount of mineral and vitamin, it can eliminate common skin problems such as pimples and acne. It can negate dark spots, wrinkles delay the common signs of aging.
- Digestive benefits: Jaggery plays a huge role in ensuring smooth digestion. It stimulates secretion of digestive enzyme. It, therefore, makes it easy for the body to quicken the process of digestion. It can also help to stabilize the bowl movement by keeping common digestion related disorders such as constipation, intestinal worms, indigestion at bay.
- Blood: Jaggery does a great job in purifying the blood. It acts as a cleansing agent by filtering the blood from the toxic agents. It also keeps the hemoglobin count normal and help the body refrain from blood-related disorders such as anemia. Since the quantity of iron content in jaggery is plentiful, it successfully helps the body to stay healthy and negate deadly diseases. Furthermore, jaggery can help women to stay away from complicated menstrual related disorders, beat weakness and fatigue.
- Weight loss: Jaggery’s rich potassium content helps the body balance the electrolyte, build muscles and improve the metabolism of the body. Potassium also helps in managing water retention in the body. Both the factors coupled together helps in weight loss and beat fatigue, obese etc.
- Blood pressure: The sodium and potassium content of jaggery helps the body maintain an effective adequate acidic level. This ensures that the blood pressure remains in the balance and the body refrains from undue blood pressure related disorders.
- Antioxidants: Jaggery contains selenium, the latter is a rich source of antioxidants which can help the body to fight the free radicals and keep it at bay. The antioxidants also help the body to stay away from other ailments.
- Respiratory health: Jaggery is a great source of food that can effectively fight various respiratory problems of the body. It can fight diseases such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Body temperature: Jaggery helps to keep a normal body temperature. This is extremely beneficial for patients suffering from asthma since maintaining a steady body temperature is sacrosanct for patients suffering from this disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have a black circles and back vertical lines on my skin. Day by day it's increasing. Is there any treatment for this.
Some people call these fungal infections" ringworm" because they often cause a ring-shaped, red, itchy rash on the skin. But a ring-shaped rash is not always there. People with athlete's foot might instead have moist, raw skin between their toes, or flaking skin on the bottoms of their feet. People with jock itch often just have a red rash on the groin.
Sometimes, especially in children, the fungus can infect the scalp. On the scalp, the infection can look like a bald spot or a round flaky patch of skin.
How did I get a fungal infection? — you can catch fungal infections from anyone who is infected. You can also catch them from an infected dog or cat. Plus, you can pick up the infections from places where the fungus might be, such as:
●a shower stall
●the locker room floor
●the area near a pool
If you have a fungal infection on one part of your body, you can also spread it to other parts. For instance, men with a fungal infection on their feet sometimes spread it to their groin.
How are fungal infections treated? — the treatment for a fungal infection depends on which body part is affected. If you have a fungal infection on your scalp, you must take pills that will kill the fungus. Treatment for scalp infections usually lasts 1 to 3 months.
If you have a fungal infection on your feet, groin, or another body part, you probably will not need pills. Instead, you can use a special gel, cream, lotion, or powder that kills fungus. Treatment with these products lasts 2 to 4 weeks.
If you have a fungal infection on your groin and on your feet, you must treat both infections at the same time. If you do not, the infection on your feet can spread to your groin again.
How do I keep from getting a fungal infection again? — if someone in your home has had a fungal infection on their scalp:
●get rid of any combs, brushes, barrettes, or other hair products that could have the fungus on them
●make sure a doctor or nurse checks everyone in the house for a fungal infection
●if the fungal infection might have come from a pet, have it checked by a vet
Here are some other general tips on how to prevent fungal infections:
●do not share unwashed clothes, sports gear, or towels with other people
●always wear slippers or sandals when at the gym, pool, or other public areas. That includes public showers.
●wash with soap and shampoo after sports or exercise
●change your socks and underwear at least once a day
●keep your skin clean and dry. Always dry yourself well after swimming or showering.
What are ringworm, athlete's foot, and jock itch? — they are skin infections caused by a fungus. These types of fungal infections are also called" tinea"
My 9years old son gets rashes on all over the body, when he sweats. He suffers for nearly 1 hr then the rashes disappear. What is the remedy?
Hi, I want a list of food which can be given to small baby girl to maintain her skin fairness and increase the fairness and types of food to avoid also suggest me any remedy also.
It is perhaps impossible to find a woman who doesn’t imagine her face without the freckles when she looks into the mirror. Though they may be called 'kisses from the sun', every woman would love to kiss those freckles goodbye. With many advances in cosmetic procedures, the good news is that you can completely get rid of your freckles and say hello to a perfect face. Read on to know more about what freckles are and how they can be managed.
What are they?
The skin contains a pigment called melanin which is responsible for the skin color. So, higher the melanin concentration, darker will be the complexion. In some people, however, based on genetic background, there can be areas of concentrated melanin deposits which become visible in an unbecoming manner, especially in fair complexioned people. These deposits are known as freckles or ephelis, which appear as light brown or flat black spots. The freckle formation is aggravated by exposure to sun, especially before the age of 18, and can be dormant during winter months. Exposure to UV-B light in particular has shown to increase melanin formation, making the freckles more prominent and darker. Though found usually on the face, areas like the neck, shoulder, and hands can also be affected – completely depending on sun exposure.
How to get rid of them?
Treatment is a two-pronged approach for freckles that is prevention and treatment. As mentioned above, freckles have a direct correlation to sun exposure. Avoiding sun and using maximum sun protection is the best way to avoid freckles, if you have a genetic predisposition. Avoid going out in the sun without using sun protection. A good sunscreen lotion with an SPF of at least 20, a wide-brimmed hat, a scarf, sunglasses are all essential when you head outside.
If the damage is already done, then laser treatments are a great way to deal with freckles. Here is how it works:
- After thoroughly cleansing the face, the eyes are covered and a thin layer of cooling gel is applied on the face.
- The face is cooled by using a cooling device. A laser light is then applied in a series of short pulses on specific areas of skin where freckles are concentrated.
- The melanin deposits in the freckles then break down without affecting the surrounding area.
- A post-treatment laser cream and sunblock is then applied, and the entire procedure does not take more than 45 minutes.
The success rate of treating freckles with laser is quite high, leading to a freckle free face within a few months. Multiple sessions may be required depending on the age of the freckles, the size, the type and the color. Darker freckles will require more intense therapy naturally. In most people, 4 to 5 sessions with break of 3 to 4 weeks in between are generally required. Talk to your dermatologist today to find out if your freckles can be vanquished using this magical beam of light.