Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Singhal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal SinghalYour feedback matters!
My Friend had un protective sex with his girlfriend. He did not entered his penis in his girlfriend's vagina but accidentally some how his sperms fell on her vulva. What are the chances of her getting pregnant? What should he do if she got pregnant? All of this has happened 10 days ago.
Hello Doctor, My Cousin is carrying 14 weeks gestation. She is effected with Jaundice with ANA positive, AMA negative. Doctors mentioning that it could be AFLP (Acute Fatty Liver Pregnancy). She is pregnant after 9 years through IVF. So we are worried. We want both mother and baby to be safe. Please suggest us! Thanks & Regards!
I am having thick jelly like discharge no smelly no itching my period is due after 9 days what does this mean?
A couple of decades ago, medical professionals believed that a lot of females could not climax at all. There are a number of reasons for this. It is easy for the male to know when he has achieved an orgasm, which usually happens with ejaculation, which is quite evident. For the females, on the other hand, it is not so evident. It is a perceived feeling and while the media showcase it in a particular way, reality is far moved from it.
There are various reasons why it is very difficult to pin this down. Orgasms are not just an elusive feeling for the woman, it is an elusive topic for the medical professionals too. Read on to know some of the common causes (more beliefs or notions) about this and some simple but effective ways of managing this.
- Private topic: Girls are very shy compared to boys and both their exposure to sex education and discussion about this is limited compared to boys. We might tend to think of it as common in India alone, but this is true across a vast number of countries. We are not alone! This shyness continues into their later years too, and unless transformed by the partner, it may continue to be a topic that is shunned.
- Purpose: Sex is more deemed as a form of procreation rather than for sex. Therefore, while sex is necessary for conception, orgasm is not. This is one more reason (strange but true) that orgasm is very elusive for a woman.
- Psychological factors: It could be guilt from past relationships or fear of past abuse. It could be fear of losing control or fear of coming across as vulnerable. For any of these reasons, women can have difficulties climaxing during the act.
Whatever the cause of the problem, the first step in coping up with the issue is to acknowledge the issue. Being a private topic, this is not something that is going to draw the person towards medical help. However, this needs to be discussed frankly with the partner or with the doctor. Getting the partner involved removes a lot of psychological barriers (guilt, fear, anxiety, etc.) This would result in natural ironing out of issues, improving the performance of both the people involved.
If that does not happen, seeking professional help, be it medical help to correct physical issues or counselling, is the next suggestion. A frank discussion will do wonders, and what was once elusive can be well within your reach.
One common problem amongst a lot for women is irregular periods. While normally women have eleven to thirteen periods in a year, those suffering from irregular periods might have lesser than even six or seven. While this can be due to various problems, there exist some foods which can help cure this problem
1) ginger - often used to relieve menstrual pain, ginger is also used to correct irregular periods. You can include powdered ginger in your food or drink ginger tea.
2) cinnamon - one superfood which has a lot of health benefits is cinnamon. One can have cinnamon powder with tea or lemon juice to cure irregular periods.
3) aloe vera - it is responsible for regulating hormones in our bodies. Drinking aloe vera juice not only helps reduce weight but also regulates the periods.
4) turmeric - it is known to balance the hormones and stimulate flow of blood in the uterus. Drinking it with milk helps relieve spasm and regulate irregular periods.
5) papaya - raw papaya aids in increasing the flow of blood in the uterus and in uterine contractions, thus helping cure irregular periods.
6) sesame seeds - these help in producing and balancing hormones. Eating them also helps in regulating irregular pain.
7) jaggery - it is rich in minerals and iron, hence help cure irregular periods which can arise due to anemia.
8) grapes - grapes too contain iron and help curing irregular periods caused due to anaemia.
9) buttermilk - with calcium, potassium, proteins and vitamin b complex, buttermilk aids hormone secretion, thus helping cure irregular periods.
10) coriander - its juice is another food that helps cure irregular periods.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.