Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. K. NagpalYour feedback matters!
Frm last 2 days m suffering frm cold n cough . I have been taking steam n med of sinus n n vicks inhaler so my nose is open today n n treat is also fibe today but m suffering frm nvr ending headache n my eyes are burning n body pain n weakness I am feeling n duw to change in weather my sinus is very critical too. N frm today I hv got pain in my left ear wich is been frm back of the ear to inside the ear its feeling like some nerve is stretched n been field pain during tym of hichki n getting bump n dat tym pain is too much n n anytym wen I press my finger I feel the pain inside my ear n this started to me in today's afternoon. .so pls guide me how to overcome all this.
I am suffering from nose blockage from 3 months on wards my nose was blocked I used nasal drops but also it's like that what is this I don't no when I am spreading the nose with hand then I can able to breath properly otherwise it's not comfortable while cold will be nose will block but I don't have cold but my nose was blocked what to do please tell me doctor what is this.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions 'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am an 18 years old girl, I have obesity issues for many years (70 kg). Recently my palm, fingers are seen to tremble and sometimes I lose control while walking I feel dizzy sometimes when I stand on my foot. Without even doing much heavy work I get pain in shoulder or elbow joints. What should I do?
Helo gm Dr. Yesterday I was in bed at midnight & ant goes in to my ear but its not paining, what I do.
I have sinus problem ie I have too much of cold all seasons n it increasing more when I am stressed or in tension. Plzz suggest any remedy for it.
Severe right Ear Pain Caused When I Lay Down At Night. Consulted ent as per him no problem with ear. Please advice.
I am 29 years old male and suffering from severe pain in right ear. I Consulted to doctor, said solid earwax is there he suggested me soda glycerine drops and pain killer and then consultation. I used for 10 days and still not recovered. Please suggest me quick remedy medicine for recover on quickly.
Hello Dr. I am having problem with my nose, actually I having sinus problem, please give me some tips for helping about it.
I am 22 year old male. I frequently a sore throat. Thus it becomes difficult to eat or to drink something with ice. How should I improve my throat so as to have no risk of bad throat?
I did not mention that I take chewable tablets of vitamin C. I take tabs or capsules B alls + C even they give me sore throat. Excessive use of tomatoes or Chat masala in the vegetables also gives me soreness. Does anybody have the answer? Does it have anything to do with low immunity? Do I need to go for some tests? Please get back to me. I know there is no dearth of brilliant physicians at LYBRA+E.
Last year I done nose block and nasal deviation surgery. Within one year again I am getting struggle to breath frequently and sometime air flow completely blocked. Its make me sleepless night and getting digestive problems, Back pain ect. Is there is any permanent cure in Ayurveda treatment? How days it will take to cure?
I have been suffering from throat infection from last 3 months. I took all the medicines but didn't cure. What shall I do?
I have undergone septoplasty and suffer from runny nose and excess mucus. I also have swelling in back of my tongue. Should I use cipla nasowash. Can I use it at any time of day or are there any restrictions attached to it, such as it should be used before meal or after meal or whatever?
I have heavy pressure on nose, a localized pain on top of head and tightness on shoulders and neck muscles. Get occasion al dizziness.
If you are experiencing pain, irritation, or itchiness in your throat, the condition is referred to as a sore throat. It is likely for you to face difficulty in swallowing food and the pain worsens when you want to swallow. The primary symptom of a sore throat is throat pain. People of all ages can get affected by a sore throat.
There are several causes of a sore throat. The most common ones are as follows:
• Viral infections are the most common causes of sore throat.
• These are the infections that are caused by a virus, like the flu or cold.
• Measles, chicken pox, and croup are other viral infections that cause a sore throat.
• Several environmental factors also cause sore throat.
• Exposure to pollen, mold, pet dander, and several other irritants leads to postnasal drip.
• This causes throat pain and inflammation.
• Exposure to dry air, and smoking cigarettes are also common causes of a sore throat.
• For the diagnosis of a sore throat, a physical examination of your throat is carried out, and your throat will be examined using a lighted instrument.
• Doctors usually look out for inflammations and white patches that indicate strep throat. Your breathing will also be checked.
• The back of your throat can be swabbed for examining samples in order to determine the virus.
• Certain blood tests may also be required to be undertaken.
• The treatment of sore throat depends on the cause.
• In case your sore throat is caused by a bacterial infection, you will be prescribed antibiotics for killing the infectious bacteria.
• The medicines should be taken strictly according to a doctor’s prescription.
• You should complete the course of 10 days to get effective results.
• If you stop the treatment at an early stage on noticing improvements, a sore throat can recur soon.
There are certain simple home remedies which are effective for curing the most common forms of sore throat. They include:
• Gargling with warm, salted water.
• Consuming warm fluids like soup, tea, and water.
• Having throat lozenges.
• Reducing the inflammation using ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Avoiding exposure to allergens and irritants.
In case your sore throat is caused by a viral infection, the virus should be left to run its course. During its course, you will be prescribed medicines like pain relievers and decongestants for relieving the symptoms. Antiviral drugs are also used in some cases for fighting the virus effectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.