Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K. K. SinghalYour feedback matters!
To all parents and even grandparents, as well as teachers, here are some unbelievably simple parenting ideas that work.
1. Children need a minimum of eight touches during a day to feel connected to a parent.
If they are going through a particularly challenging time, it as a minimum of 12 a day. This doesn't have to be a big deal; it could be the straightening of a collar, a pat on the shoulder or a simple hug.
2. Each day, children need one meaningful eye-to-eye conversation with a parent.
It is especially important for babies to have that eye contact, but children of all ages need us to slow down and look them in the eyes.
3. There are nine minutes during the day that have the greatest impact on a child:
The first three minutes right after they wake up
The three minutes after they come home from school
The last three minutes of the day before they go to bed
We need to make those moments special and help our children feel loved.
These are simple, right? nothing really earth-shattering here.
1 whenever you feel like scolding or beating your child, take a deep breath, or count 1-10 and then act.
2 let's ask them to study their favorite subject on their own.
3 send them to one exam without studying at all.
4 remember what our kids are learning in 5th std is taught to 7th std abroad.
5 let's keep our kids out of the unwanted competition.
6 80% of what kids are learning, won't be useful to them in future.
7 our kids can really afford to do whatever they want to do in future.
8 higher degrees don't guaranty success and happiness.
9 not all the highly educated people do well professionally.
And not all who do well professionally are the happiest ones.
10 kids are always in a party mood. Don't spoil their childhood. Support and let them be what they want to be.
Pass this on to as many teachers and parents as you can.
And change the way we look at our kids and their future.
My baby' s feets are normally little hot at day and night. He is 1 year and 4 months old. Is it normal?
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello, I was put on vaginal susten thrice a day till 9 weeks of pregnancy due to history of 1 miscarriage (had PCOS). By 7 months I got a false pain. But no contraction was there. Doctor didn't want to take risk. So I was asked to take lung development steroid. Also Susten 200 again 10 days. By 39 weeks I delivered a baby girl weighing 3.13 kg on 14 Feb 2014. But she has lot of hairs on back forehead etc. Now even cheeks are mildly hairy. Small hairs. Near the ears etc. pediatrician says its genetic. But nobody in our family has this. I am vry much worried.
We welcome our bundle of joy with old, washed, sun dried clothes as they are almost sterile. New clothes are probably handled by many and may be infected. The breast feeding is started with the help of young unmarried girl. This educates the girl about this AMRIT SAVEN. Mother is given ajwayan water which helps to lactate. On the sixth day bua does the ceremony of chatti by giving bath and putting on new clothes to baby. By sixth day the umbilical cord falls and there after the baby should be given a bath. On the occasion of chatti mother is given all kind of foods and after that she is supposed to have everything including all fruits, vegetables and dal, then ladoos or panjiri rich in ghee, dry fruits. These help mother for extra calories and minerals especially calcium and iron required postpartum. In this ceremony Bua plays an important role and rewarded with lots of gifts by bhabhi for the hard work she has been doing and will do after that, till 45 days. During these crucial 45 days outsiders are not allowed to get in mother?s room as people coming from outside may infect the child . The child is never left alone, a knife or a match boxes is kept besides baby, it is a primitive method to save the baby from animals and strangers. The God (baby and mother) has come and the duo should be prayed (taken care) and not do pooja or attend functions
My kid is born as premature and now he is 1.9 Years old and weighing about 9.3kg. Please suggest how to increase his weight. We live in Hyderabad.
Hello, my baby is of 13 days old and he was fine these days but from last 2 to 3 days he is having a bleeding at the penis end not much but a small drop. Is it normal or what? If not what precautions I should to take to make sure he is safe. Please help me.
Which is best home remedies immunity systems for 5 years child he is suffering from asthmatic allergy by dust, chocolates,cakes n all. I use to give him huff puff (asthalin) whenever he get allergy at night specially.
My baby s 1 month 15 days old nw.. he hiccups very often.. n dat pertains more dan half hours sometimes.. is dis a normal activity??
My daughter is 4 year old. She is suffering from cough last 6 month & also dark circles under eyes. please suggest what to do.
At time of birth my baby weight 2.9 and decrease to 2.33 kgs and gradually increase 3 kgs now she is finished her 3rd month my baby weight is 4 kgs. Is it good? Can I start cerelac? I don't have breastfeeding my baby won't nursing from the beginning. When I started she cried and won't suck milk. I used nestle Nan 1 and my milk through nipple shield. How to increase my baby weight.
Research suggests that people with mild eczema who drink oolong tea three times a day may show improvement in itching and other symptoms. Compounds in the tea called polyphenols appear to be responsible.
I have 2 months baby and she is getting puss from navel I consulted many doctors but not getting well give me suggestion.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!