Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K S IyerYour feedback matters!
They are suffering from cough and cold for 1 week and they have severe chest pain, what I have to do for that?
hi I think angioplast isn' t essential in all the cases of blockages. Blockages can be removed with some dietary changes and physical excercise and pranayam. What do you think.
I am 46 years old. Every day I am going walking 5km. I am not using any regular medisins. I do not have any bad hapits like smoking, drinking etc. I exercise with tmt m/c continuosly 30 minits, more speed than regular walking. If I going first floor by steps I have more breithing. I have chked my blood no sugar. And liped profile test- total cholesterol is 151 mg/dl, trigiceride 226 mg/dl (normal is 25 - 150, hdl 46, ldl 59.8, vldl 45.2, tc/hdl 3.28, ldl/hdl 1.3. Doctor advaised me to take medisne stator 10 (atorvastatin tablets) for cholestrol control. Please advised me why i am getting more breathing while i am using steps? what kind of treatment I have to take?
What are the symptoms of cholesterol diseases? How to get rid from such disease, and prevention to be away.
I wanted know about Ventricular Septal Defect. Is it genetic or acquired? How it affect on day to day life & it's future consequence on pregnancy. Thanks.
I am 40 years old having diabetes from last 5 years. Fasting reading is 135 and pp is 180. Please advice medicine.
What is symptoms of high Bp; high sugar; high cholesterol. What do be done in emergencies. I do get fatigue sometimes if I work too much or climb stares? What is cause for it.
Let's understand the function of our heart and how to keep it healthy! Our heart is a muscular organ, located just behind and slightly left of the breast bone. It pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system.
The heart has four chambers:
- The right atrium receives blood from the veins and pumps it to the right ventricle.
- The right ventricle receives blood from the right atrium and pumps it to the lungs, where it is loaded with oxygen.
- The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs and pumps it to the left ventricle.
- The left ventricle (the strongest chamber) pumps oxygen rich blood to the rest of the body. The left ventricle’s vigorous contractions create our blood pressure. The foods you eat, the amount of activity you do as well as your lifestyle can dramatically affect the overall health of your heart along with many other tissues that make up your cardiovascular system. Unhealthy eating habits can lead to various Heart Disorders.
Let’s look at the ways to keep it healthy!
- Healthy mind healthy body, so it is important that you take peaceful 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Keep yourself out of stress, involve yourself in regular some stress buster activities.
- Keep a check on your Blood Pressure.
- Cut your saturated fat intake and make an effort to check the ingredients of your intake. Too much of bad cholesterol can clog the heart and arteries with dangerous plaque.
- Keep a control on your blood sugar level.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, if you're doing nothing, do something and if you're doing something, do extra.
- Eat more fruit and less fruit juice.
- Control obesity and keep your body mass index(BMI) in controlled level to be fit.
- Quit smoking as soon as you can and get yourself into having something else that you like at regular intervals, which is healthy.
- Cut your calorie intake and cut your sugar sweetened soda and keep check on all your sweet temptations.
- Eat lot of Seafood.
- Find ways to keep yourself happy and out of worries, be with lively people.
- Breathe slowly and deeply for a few minutes a day.
- Get yourself into Yoga.
- Keep a regular check of your hearth health under your doctor’s guidance.
Leave aside all your worries! Have a Healthy Heart and a Healthy Life!