Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JuhiYour feedback matters!
Your hand is an integral part of your persona, which is why you need to keep them clean and presentable. However, conditions such as cuticle skin peeling can take away the beauty of your hands. Cuticle skin peeling can also irritate your hand throughout the day when the cuts are exposed to external elements, such as food or dirt. You could also infect your fingers in the process, if the cuticles are not treated properly.
Causes of Cuticle skin peeling:
- Allergic reaction: Bacteria may cause allergies and stimulate cuticle peeling problem. Detergents and other chemical product can also cause irritation.
- Bad habit: If you have a habit of biting nails or picking nails, then also you can be infected. Moreover, if you rip off your hanging nails instead of chipping them properly then it can result to skin infection.
- Lack of minerals: Calcium and vitamin deficiency can also be a reason for cuticle skin peeling around your fingernails. The skin gets dry and flaky resulting in breaks and chips which may in turn lead to cuticles.
- Skin diseases: If you have any skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis etc then you are likely to develop skin cuticle peeling problem.
Some treatments for cuticle peeling problems
- Warm lemon water: Rinse your hand everyday with warm lemon water to clean the nooks and crannies of the fingers where dirt may be stored. After washing hour hands ensure your moisturise them to keep it supple which will prevent the development of cuticles.
- Cucumber: You can also rub cucumber slices gently on your skin to reduce the inflammation form cuticles and sooth any wounds on the fingers.
- Aloe vera: You can also use the aloe vera gel for its cooling and soothing factors. Using aloe vera multiple times a day will help to get rid of cuticle-peeling by naturally moisturising and disinfecting the skin areas a t the same time.
- Honey: Use honey on your hands and then wash it with lukewarm water to get soft and smooth skin.
- Balanced diet: Maintaining a proper diet containing which has healthy fats, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and protein will nourish all areas of your skin properly and prevent the problems of cuticle peeling occurring in the first place.
- Antibiotics: You may also need to take anti-infection drugs to reduce the problem if you have already had an infection in your fingers within the cuticles.
I have pimples and dark spots on face even its oily face so I want to remove all pimples n spots so what I should do it for.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.