Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jaspreet Singh
Submit a review for Dr. Jaspreet SinghYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 26 years old. I have hypothyroidism problem. My hypothyroidism range is b/w 5 to 16. This problem is from last one year. So which range thyroxine tabs for lifetime. And tongue is dry also. So please any one suggest.
I am irfana banu I am having thyroid (12%) I want to know that what to avoid in food And which food is healthier to me.
How to control thyroid, is there any natural treatment for this. I do not want to use medicine no more.
I have lake of iron. And hypothyroidism. So please suggest the food should be eaten or avoid. Tsh 12.10 iu/ml Iron 53.3 ug/DL.
I have been diagnosed with thyroid and operation of tonsils. I just need to confirm if I'm qualified to give upsc (Ias)? Do they pass thyroid patient under medical test? Nothing much has been specified by them under medical test eligibility?
My wife 48 years, Vegetarian, House maker and only son 12 years, In house no help, alone doing is suffering from hyperthyroidism from 03 months. No medication started, tested thyroid hormone levels are T3- 1.2, T4- 16.2, TSH- 0.9 and Free thyroid hormone levels are FT3-4.4, FT4-0.8, TSH- 1.1 and Sr. Calcium-9.0. Hence you are requested suggest best Homeopathic medicines as we are well confident on the homeopathic medication, its potency to be stated, how long medication to be taken if any. You are once again requested precautions to be taken, type of food to be taken, home remedies etc…suggest best diet for thyroid to keep in control i.e. Dry fruits/seeds/fruits/vegetables and cereals etc.
I am becoming fatter day by day. Can it be a thyroid problem? If not then what should I do to loose my weight?
One of the fastest growing disorders in modern times is the malfunction of the Thyroid. The statistics show that the Thyroid condition is the most under-diagnosed health problem. There are millions of people suffering from Thyroid problems, but only a few out of those are diagnosed and treated, see positive results using Thyroid medications. Often the Thyroid levels appear normal with lab, yet the individuals struggle with the symptoms of Thyroid problem. The Thyroid is one of several glands in the endocrine system, located in the front of the neck. The glands of the endocrine system control many of the body’s functions through chemical substances called hormones. The hormones produced by the Thyroid gland regulate how the body cells use energy and how fast the body’s metabolism work. This gland also affects the rate of growth of the hair and bones, the body over weight, temperature and energy level as well as the function of the heart and digestive system.
Homeopathy For Thyroid
In homeopathy, there is no general treatment and no specific remedies for any disease. Rather, treatment is individualized. This means that the presentation of a disease in each patient is considered unique, and the homeopath prescribes remedies after an intimate consultation with each patient.
During the homeopathy consultation, the homeopath considers more than just the symptoms of the disease. He also considers the disposition and constitution of the patient. This means that the homeopath approaches treatment by weighing the physical, mental and emotional states of the patient as well as the symptoms of the disease. This approach leads to the prescription of a unique set of remedies for each patient. Therefore, two patients suffering from the same disease may receive two different sets of remedies from the same homeopath.
The second principle of homeopathy is the use of poisons to treat diseases. Homeopathy employs watered down poisons to treat disorders. A similar principle is used in the production of vaccines in conventional medicine. If a natural compound may cause certain symptoms and signs in high doses, homeopaths believe very low doses of the dilute solution of the compound can also relieve the same symptoms and signs.
Despite the apparent confusion and the seeming lack of coherence, homeopathy has been largely successful and in some cases, its practices and remedies can be backed up with scientific evidence. Even though homeopathy does not provide specific remedies for any disease, it is still possible to draw up a list of commonly prescribed homeopathic remedies for any disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.