Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagbir YadavYour feedback matters!
I have a 2.5 yrs child boy. He still unable to talk properly where as his age children talk so much. Does he need consultation if so which field doctor?
Good mroning, I am Dr Ashok Rajput, a Pulmonologist, practising in Delhi. Today I will talk to you about very common disease, that is, Bronchial Asthma.
Asthma starts in early childhood and may persist in adult life. It is an episodic disease which is intermitted initially. Later, if left untreated, it become continuous and perennial. Whne one is exposed to dust, fumes, pollen and smoke then the inner lining of the airways swells and becomes inflammed and the lumen narrows. So it becomes difficult to breathe. So these patients get cough, wheezing, snoring and running nose.
The diagnosis of this condition is very easy. What you have to do?
You do Spirometry or a lung function study in which you blow into a computer and you get a graph. You repeat the test after giving bronchodilators, say 15-20 minutes. If you find an improvement in FEV1, one of the parameters, more than 12% you clinch a diagnosis of Asthma.
The treatment of Asthma is very simple these days. The main stay of treatment is inhaled corticosteroids which is given through the inhalers. There are many types of inhalers available with good drugs which act for 12 hours which you need to take only in morning or evening and your Asthma gets controlled. When I say controlled, that means you will no longer have cough, wheeze or sneeze. You can sleep undisturbed in the night and can perform all the activities. You can lead a normal life.What you require is small dose of this inhaler.
Thank you for listening to me.
If you want to contact us, you can come to our clinic or contact through Lybrate.
My wife deliver a baby girl on 22-02-2016. The baby face is small changes, nose are pretty (face and eye is small yellow colour) legs & hands are power less. The Baby tested TSH level is 10.9 at a birth time. The pediatrician saw the baby problem is down syndrome. Iam shocked, at the time of pregnancy state doctor UT scanned at 9 times for 9 months. But no problems are identified. She has no natural problems (weight, height, Age is 20). Dr. Please help me my baby treating these problems. She recover a natural life? Please inform the status of recovery at downs at a baby. Please help me.
My kid is allergic to even a small change in temperature. She start coughing as soon as anything changes, even after having some type of food. Do we have permanent cure for this allergy?
Hi, my son is 24 months old. His head remains hotter than rest of his body. Except this, he is absolutely fine and healthy. Is there anything to worry?
My baby feeding lactogen .In what color does baby pass the motion. My baby passing the motion in cement color nd sometimes yellow.
My baby is 1 and half tear old. She has congestion in her chest since yesterday. She became very uncomfortable with this. What to do to cure her.
A newly born baby an mom breast milk production is so low how to get milk in breast to feed newly born baby.
Hello sir I am 23 year old, mother of 11 month old baby. (feeding stage) Day by day my weight loss. What is remedy? Any Ayurveda methods.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My Daughter having loose motion since today morning, She is 8 years old, looks no other symptoms except the loose motion, she went 3-4 times washroom since morning (5 pm).
Respected Sir, My 4 years old daughter having problems broken Khansi just like Sine ko pakad ke khana, ye last 7 days se hai, Dr. prescribed sy. Augmenting -Doo 5 ml twice and sy. Alex-P 5 ml 3 times, after days Alex-P replace of Grilinctus-BM, Total 7 days but koi relief nahi mil raha hai, time to time many stroke of khansi. Pls suggest me for better.
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.