Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jacob M PuliyelYour feedback matters!
My daughter age is 9. She have a stomach pain and she can`t go motion and urine freely. What should we do?
I am having two sons, one is 11 years and another 7 months. What should I do/feed for their sharp brain in education. Secondly, my elder son is very thin, he takes a little amount of food whenever eats. What should I do for increasing his food amount? please advice me accordingly.
My baby boy is 9 months old. His left eye swollen and inside the eye changes red in color. He is crying and not eating anything. What should I do. Please help me.
I have one and half year old son 10.3kg, who is very fussy to eat. He loves advertisments and hence we used to show him advertisements on tv and make him eat. But now these days he doesnt eat at all. Very much worried about him. We tried changing his food, tried different variety. But he does not seem intererested. He has become little thin also.
Hi, mera beta 10 months ka hai nd he always faces loose motion problem. Vo jo bhi khata hai usko as it is nikal deta hai, din mai 4 se 5 baar jata hai nd he will become little week now. Medicines bhi de rahe hai but unse bhi koi khas farak nahi padh raha hai, uski bottle ko bhi hm din mai 3 baar boil karte hai still pata nahi usko ye problem q hai. Please help me in this asap.
I have 3 month baby, he doesn't sleep properly at night. I am preparing for competitive xams and for that I have to study at night but the baby doesn't allows me to concentrate fully even for 2-3 hrs. Is there any way I can make him sleep strongly for 2-3 hours so I can study by that time.
Hello. My son is 6 years old. He pass urine during sleep no matter whether he sleep during daytime or night time. Kindly suggest some solution.
She is suffering from pcos from long time. And her 1 month of the 3 month treatment has been Completed. So how do she know that she is getting better. She had period of 5 days last month. please tell me the all symptoms of getting better.
I am male 34 years , got married five years ago. But I do not have kids yet, consulted many doctors , got many treatments both of us, wife and husband, but no results, some says she got problem and some says my sperm count is low, we are confused.
My baby age 2 years. Most of time she vomit whatever she eats. She has digestion problem or anything else pls rply?
I don't have enough milk to feed my 12 month baby give me prescription To increase. My brestmilk supply?
Hello, My son just turned 5 in December. He speech is otherwise normal other than few words/alphabets for example he says 'La (in hindi)' in place of 'Ra (in Hindi)' does it require any medical intervention.
Hi my son is 4 years old from last few days he is excessively crying, I think that he has problem with his digestive system whenever he takes milk he started crying after sometime please help me he is also diagnosed with canavan diseases.
My baby is 1 year baby. She has SCID SEVERE COMMON IMMUNO DEFICIENCY. Now she suffering from intestine abstraction. Can we go for surgery for SCID patients. Any problem. please suggest me.
Sir I want to know that what is window period of hepatitis c and hepatitis b for 17 months old baby who might have exposed to hepatitis c and b at 17 month of age? Is it same as for adults or it differ for babies of 17 month age? when to test baby for hepatitis c and hepatitis b if exposed at 17 months age?
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.