Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. J.B. SharmaYour feedback matters!
Cancer indicates the growth of certain unusual cells, generally uncontrolled in nature, in any part of your body. It may also refer to a malignant tumor and it can affect any organ or any part of your body. There are many different cancers accordingly, such as lung cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer or blood cancer. Ayurveda offers effective measures for preventing cancer.
Read on to find more about the tips and get better prepared to fight this killer:
- According to Ayurveda, having fresh foods can help you to prevent cancer. Consuming more of green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits may prove to be helpful.
- Avoiding fat based foods or fried foods can be effective in preventing cancer. Strike off hydrogenated fats (such as cookies, peanut butter, crackers etc) or saturated animal fats from your diet.
- Exercising on a regular basis may be very helpful. Stretching exercises, walking, breathing exercises and aerobics are considered to be useful preventive measures for cancer.
- Meditation and yoga are also effective ways to prevent cancer. These can help you to reduce stress and remain calm.
- Drinking green tea regularly can be very useful for killing any growth of cancerous cells in your body and thus help you to prevent cancer.
- Cutting down on foods with higher quantities of sugar can help you to prevent cancer.
- Include foods replete in vitamin D and vitamin C or citrus foods as these help to combat many kinds of cancer.
- Incorporate spices like turmeric in your daily cooking regimen. The 'curcumin' present in turmeric coupled with a few other accompanying properties can help to prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body.
- Garlic, whether consumed raw or cooked, can help you to fight the killer that cancer is.
I am 60 yrs old. Suffering from prostate problems.please advise the tests to be carry out and medicine to follow.
Sinus ctscan report. Retention cyst left maxillary sinus Mucosal thickening in maxillary sinus Hypoplastic rt frontal sinus Mucosal thickening in left frontal sinus. What does the report mean. Do I need a surgery. Can it be cancerous? Please help.
Is it okay to cleanse your body by fasting from time to time? How long am I contagious when I have the flu or a Is my microwave giving me cancer?
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
Dr. Aaj news paper me padha thha ki refined khane se cancer or heart attack ka khatra badh jata h lekin her cheej mustard oil me to nhi bn sakti to kya deep fry jaise matthi kchori samosa ityadi talne k liye gagan ghee use kr sakte h?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
My mother's er, pgr is 0 but her neu is 2+.She had MRM 1 1/2 month before. What does it mean ? What treatment should be given so that disease never reoccur?
Hello. My Grandma is currently suffering from Liver cancer. I just wanted to know that .which hospital in Mumbai would be best for this treatment and off course cost efficient. And what would be the total cost of the whole treatment. please reply.
79 years has been diagnosed with Lung cancer (NSCLC) Adenocarcinoma & Metastatic Spinal Compression too for D9 & D10 vertebrae. Please advise whether Chemotherapy is to be given to him first or Surgery for Spinal Compression is to be done first? He is bedridden currently due to severe pain in the spine. His Spinal MRI & Lung scans are attached for your ready reference in this app under X-ray. Kindly advise asap.
My stool reports showed Puss: occasional Macrophages: 1-2/hpf All the other things including occukt blood was absent Can I have cancer?
I had lymph node type some months back, but it was very small, now it become dark and thick, it is a lymph node or is something else? There is no pain, but sometimes it is. Can I show any good doctor relating to this in bangalore? If you know Good doctors let me know?
Lost a lot of weight around 19-21 kgs. Post weight loss thighs have become saggy & breasts deflated. Gained 5 kgs back in last 3 months again to help with excess skin. I need to fix this without surgery. Am 23 years old. Will weight training and gaining weight cure this? I am healthy. Weight gain can reverse this problem? Please help. I can not go forward for marriage because of this problem. Please provide some help. Thankyou.
High fibre in diet prevents cancer of colon,prostrate and breast,as high fibre in diet inactivate carcinogens in diet.
Persons eating red meat which is low in fibre are having higher chances of colon cancer.
A balanced plant based diet having variety of vegitables,fruits soy,nuts,whole grain and beans can lower risk of developing cancer.
Eating vegitables containig carotenoids such carrot and sprout may reduce risk of cancer of mouth,lung,laryx and pharyx.
Diet high on non starchy food such as brocholi,spinach and beans may protect against cancer of stomach and oesophagus.
Fruit like citrus and amla have vit. Cand A and protect against cancer of lung and stomach.
Food high in lycopene like tomatoes,melon and guava can reduce risk of cancer of prostrate.
Drink lot of water as it excrete all toxins from body and reduces chances of cancer.It also inhances immunity.
Limit your consumption of salt to 2.4 gm /day,which reduces risk of stomach cancer.