Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. J.B. SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hello my age is 22 years recently I diagnose fibroadenoma in my both breast one is 4 cms doctor said that It will be safe remove from surgery remaining 8 are small lumps about 1 cm in both breasts I'm full sugar in future the small lumps (fibroadenoma) will turn too grow what precautions I should take to prevent this small lumps will go their own or they remain same how many days it will take to grow pizz what I should do I'm studying because of this I'm not concentrating on my studies.
Hi, I want to ask a question about breast cancer in women, What are the symptoms of breast cancer and its causes?
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
My mother was operated for her Papillary cancer. Took Radio Iodine therapy. But, did not worked. Would you please suggest for further treatment. Also could you please let me know is there any reasons that Thyroid tissue did not taken Radioiodine (I -131)
I am 65 years old. On medical check up, doctors diagnosed prostate enlargement (55 /58) and prescribed some medicines such as Deutas and prolif which still I continue. Should I continue the medicines or go for surgery?
Please my husband was diagnosed prostate enlargement. He is 54 yrs. Weight 95 kg and height 5.9 ft. D result is 51x 50x 50 mm. Volume 55. 3mls. Please what will take to stop the enlargement.
Sir when should patient confirm that he was suffering from prostate enlargement please say me main symptoms.
Meri 6 mahine ki beti hai jiske ek taraf ke breast me ek gath jesa kuch hai kya ye koi darne wàli bat hai? Mera ye pehela baby hai isliye mujhe koi idea nahi hai uske bare me please help me doctor.
I am having frequent urination say every ten minutes mostly in the morning hours. I am a diabetic but under good control.I had done x-ray of prostrate also but no enlargement is seen. I am 55 years male. Please advise what should I do?
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have continuous pain in my left breast but pain is very light. But when I breath deeply at exercise time so pain is very fast it happens from 10 days.
How a man recovery to cancer which is dangerous disease now a days and what is the reason for the cancer.
My father is suffering from colon cancer and it is in fourth stage what best we can do and what are the survival chances his age is 84 year please guide me properly and tell me everything clearly With High regard.
Giant cell glioblastoma WHO grade 4 occipital. I want the know how to cure this cancer without Radiology treatment any Ayurvedic treatment for this CANCER.
I am 66 years old and got operated for prostate. My prostates were very large as per doctor version. After operation 5 years have been lapsed but I feel still leakage at night and my cloth get wet. I also feel weakness in sexually involvement. There is no sugar problem and at fast it is 99. And uric acid is 6.2.
I have a small lump on my back. I have been observing this since last few years. Earlier it was of pea size but now slightly bigger. When I rub lump with fingers then a fouled smell could be felt. Please advise me whether the lump should be removed by surgery and it may be cancerous. I am mild diabetic and high B. P. And take medicine gleminor 1m and Telsar 40, 1 tab each a day. Sugar fasting110-120, bp 130/85.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.