Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indu Seth
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indu SethYour feedback matters!
My wife is four month pregnant and she is currently suffering from kidney stone. Can anyone help me out for stone treatment which is also safe in pregnancy.
Hello Dr. I just want to ask if female had sex on her 3rd day of period and after sex she is not bleeding on 4th day she gets pregnant or not what are the possible chances pls reply thanks and regards.
Hi if we miss one month menses is there any problem or its normal coz I missed one month period, health wise I don't have any problem I did pernency check at home it's negative please advise.
Quantitative and qualitative changes in diet and regular exercise can keep the blood sugar at lower levels and may help in reducing the need for medicines, or use them in lesser doses.
Small frequent meals in place of 2 regular meals at lunch and dinner helps in preventing a rise in post-meal sugar levels to high levels. Qualitatively stopping the use of direct sugar and food items containing carbohydrates like rice, potatoes, mangoes, grapes etc prevents high sugar levels.
Regular walking briskly keeps weight in control and prevents obesity. Increased weight increases insulin requirement and a relative deficiency of insulin leads to high sugar levels.
Diabetes causes silent damage to blood vessels in kidneys, retina, heart, brain and all over the body. Ultimately the effects are seen as kidney failure, blindness, heart attacks, paralysis and nonhealing ulcers and gangrene. Severe diabetes may cause ketoacidosis, coma, and death.
Hence, it is wise to be careful with diet and exercise.
Hello Dr. Meri first delivery January mai Hui thi premature baby 29 week mai bp high honec- section ki wjh se but baby expire ho gai after 2 montheri pregnancy ko 11 month hone waala h mere four days se period miss ho gya. AGR mai second time pregnant hoti hu tho kya itni jldi pregnancy rkh skti hu ya mjh abort krana pdega kya mjh Jo problem first baby mai hui h WO second baby mai BH hogi please help me.
My girl friend has not got her periods for last 65 days. We just have foreplay we have never intercourse. Now please suggest why is been delayed in her periods.
I am little healthier so I am having lumps on my thigh area and on stomach and back how can I remove those lumps and look more beautiful.
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common forms of abnormal uterine bleeding. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods are polyps, fibroids, adenomyosis, cancer of the uterus and cervix and sometimes certain medications.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen.
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium.
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting.
- Dilation and curettage - scraping of the uterus is done.
- Hysteroscopy - Hysteroscopy is done to look into the womb to find if anything wrong with the lining and D&C done to send material for testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.