Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. INDU SETHYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy.
Am 20 years old My last period is 12th august My cycle is 28 days I do intercourse daily in my 10th day I do intercourse today but I felt Pani in my abdomen We are in our pregnancy plane My question is Why I felt that pain.
How to get pregnant? Which days of month have high probability to get conceive if we make relationship?
Hi, I am 34 years old female 38 weeks pregnant as on date. My due date is 8th March 2016 and my first day of last menstruation period is 2nd June 2015. I'd like to understand that my pregnancy was formed only after the 2nd June 2015. Is this correct?
I am divorced, no one ready to marry with me because of child, I can't without child. For supressing sexual desires what should I do?
I am 27 years old married women .while having sex I don't feel fun .when my husband touch me then also I don't feel anything what should I do to increase sex desire?
What is the cost of hiv and vdrl tests in bangalore? does government hospitals do these tests? and is vdrl test for syphilis test only? what tests for other stds?
I got married before two year. I can do sex in a week 3 times with my partner. But she is not getting conceived baby please help us what we can do.
Mai 19 saal ki hu. Mere periods suruvat se timely ni aate hai. Pehle to kabhi kabhi 2 mahine ya 3 mahine par aate the. Lakin ab to 15-20 din me hi aa jaate hai. Maine bahut baar hormons ki medicine bhi khai hai. But koi phark ni padta hai. What should I do?
My last period was on 29th December. Then i try to get pregnant. But i missed my period till today.my pregnancy test is negative. my doctor advised me for USG. i have OLYCYSTIC OVARIES. My wt is 69 kgs. is it possible to get pregnant with polycyst? what will be my next step? how could i recover from this?
Hi, I have almost regular periods with cycle length between 28 and 33. Last month I had periods on March 8th. This month I had it on April 6th. So my cycle was 29 days long. We are trying for a baby. This month I started looking into the cervical mucus to identify the fertile period. Even today (20th April), 15th day from periods, I am getting light creamy mucus. We contacted on 17th, 19th and 20th. Is it possible that your cervical mucus is creamy but still you can get pregnant? Can you let me know more about the cervical mucus and its relation with ovulation? Also could you let me know which is the best days to contact if we are trying to get pregnant?
Hello doc, I had miscarriage. Due to baby no heart beat and gave tablets. I took tab zytotec and mepin I got heavy bleed and also pain in stomach and doc done scanning. She told everything is clear in uterus. and she told that plan for baby after 2 months. In this time, can we do sexual intercourse. Without using condom. please suggest.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.