Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Indu ChaswalYour feedback matters!
Sir I am anjan chakraborty36 years old. My wife is anindita chakraborty who is detected now as an epilepsy patient. First incident of seizure took place on 10th march when she became unconscious for 5to 6 seconds. On 30th april again she became unconscious. At the very time she mde a groaning sound, starred and urine came out. On 10th may she was first detected as epilepsy by a neurologist. The doctor prescribed valprolcr500 and folvite. After 5 month on 6th october again she became unconscious. I also visited a neuropsychriatist who prescribed nexito10 and lonazep0. 25 along with the above medicine. Now I am very tensed have a 14 months baby. What should I do/ please answer me sir.
Sir I am suffering from sleeping illness , due to stress, sometimes my hands are also shaking due to anxiety and heart beat runs very fast. How can I control it?
Is neurotherapy or neurofeedback could correct autism? of course, occupational therapy is suggested everywhere. I want to confirm about neurotherapy benefits in curing central nervous system disorders like autism. My son, 8 and 1/2 years old, still not able to talk a full sentence, mingle with the kids and academically many issues. Occupational therapy is continuous but relatively very slow progress on my son. Please let me know any patient who have benefitted by neurotherapy. Regards,
Is your child irritable? Not eating well or under performing at school?
Relax! Losing your mind and temper won't help.
There are chances that your child is under stress and needs your support during this testing time. Let's gain better understanding of the problem as a mature step towards positive parenting.
Stress, either intrinsic or extrinsic, can affect your child as easily as it may affect you. There are several causes as to why your child may also be stress-laden even at such a tender age. As pre-schoolers, the major cause for stress stems from anxiety of leaving their parents and spending long hours in an external environment. As a child grows up, further causes of stress may include:
- Overwhelming schedule due to large number of academic and extra-curricular activities
- High expectations of parents and pressure to perform
- Lifestyle or status associated peer-pressure
- Conflict between parents / domestic violence / Divorce of parents
- Moving to new town or city
- Serious illness
- Physiological changes during puberty
- Worry about getting along with friends
Warning signals that your child is under stress:
- Aggression: Children are prone to a high number of aggressive outbursts as they are not as much in control of their emotions as adults are. They may often react with physical aggression (biting, kicking, or hitting) or verbal aggression (screaming or abusing). This can, however, be curbed in a number of ways such as setting firm and consistent limits, and avoiding instilling in them the idea of 'toughness'.
- Bed wetting: Though stress and anxiety may not be essential causes that lead to the advent of bedwetting in children, it often accentuates the same. You should reassure your child that you are not angry when he/she has an accident and see the doctor to rule out any other medical causes.
- Hyperactive behavior: When children can't handle stress, they release negative energy. Having temper tantrums, running away, or constantly being disobedient are ways to alert adults that there is a problem. Help your child burn off energy in a positive, calming way. Deep breathing exercises, listening to soothing music, stretching, or yoga help.
- Withdrawal: Social withdrawal and being frequently moody or irritable can often arise from high levels of stress, social fear and anxiety in children. Offer plenty of positive attention and speak to your child's teacher if you suspect he/she is having trouble with friends at school.
- Eating and sleeping disorders: If your child is sleeping less or sleeping more than usual, then it might be an indication that something is not right with your child. Likewise, if there is any change in eating pattern which you find abnormal, then it indicates trouble. This may often stem from stress or anxiety-related issues and hamper the proper growth and nutrient intake in a growing child.
How you can you help your child?
There are several things you can do to help your child work through his/her problems when it comes to combating stress and anxiety. These include:
- Have friendly relation with kids so that they feel free to share their problems/ feelings. Kids generally hide things out of fear. Motivate them to express and share their worries.
- Try to understand the cause of the stress. Talk about their fears and apprehensions. Make them feel they are understood.
- Do not force them to sleep or eat. Encourage to eat well and sleep in time.
- The child should be encouraged to indulge in some physical activities like walk/ jog/sports and relaxation exercises like deep breathing/meditation
- Avoid burdening them with studies and co-curricula activities. Identify their abilities and interest and respect individual limitations. Don't burden them with your expectations.
- There should be sufficient breaks in between studies for rejuvenation. It motivates and enhances productivity.
- Avoid demeaning/insulting remarks. Avoid comparisons with other kids.
- Avoid negative reactions like scolding/sarcasm/shouting/beating. Teach the child appropriate ways of managing emotions like open communication, sharing state of mind with peers and parents and appropriate anger management techniques.
- You should also talk to teachers and peers if you suspect any problem at school and find a solution through their help.
- Teach the child about time management. Let them know how to prioritize work according to importance and urgency of task.
A relative of mine diagnosed with psychotic depression with auditory illusions, have been plenty of medications for t he last 3 years. Many previous gen medicines were tried along with ECT of 10 to 15 sessions in 3 time intervals. The person has gained a lot of weight and currently on 375 mg of clozapine 40 mg of zypsidon and Aripropole 10 mg on a daily basis. The problem looked OK for a while but it has returned back now. Request advise.
Homeopathy is a medical science, which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird, but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease, which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have all the answers to your problems. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to workload
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity: Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems: You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish is a sign of depression.'
- Concentration problems: You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration: You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly.
Related Tip: "How To Deal With Someone Who Is Suffering From Depression"
My father is age of 83 having swelling on right hand shoulder with very hard and big like cricket ball, and every time it get too much pain and even he gets so much weakness in the whole body .It is in the right shoulder well defined intramuscular SOL findings are likely suggestive of intramuscular chronic hematoma. Cytopatholoy - Fine needle aspiration cytology. Impression- Cytopathology S/o Hematoma. Kindly give remedy for the pain and to reduce the size of swelling which is a size of cricket ball and very hard in touching. Kindly advice some lape or medicine which can reduce the size and pain. Doctor says it is v big operation to perform because father is around 83 of old and cannot in position to bear with that. Sir is there any lape or medicine in Ayurveda which can reduce the size and pain. Thanks. Regards.
(Synchronised full body massage)
Abhyangam is a gentle full body massage with selected herbal warm-oils . Abhyangam is one of the most rejuvenating treatment of Ayurveda. This stimulating treatment increases blood circulation, which in turn encourages quick removal of metabolic wastes, while providing relief in diseases such as:- Anxiety, Fatigue, Circulatory disorders, Rheumatic & Arthritic problems, Backaches & injuries
Abhyangam is recommended for stress relief, nervous stimulation, toning up of muscles, rejuvenation & immunization & also ideal for post delivery/natal care.
I am 30 male. When I was 18 years then I have a big mistake. Then one day I realize it was the big mistake in my life. Then I depressed all the times, it effects my head is warm, ear is hot some of times. I do not any work, my head is speaking all of times. It is a big problem in my life. I am suffering from last 12 years. I take zaptra 25 before one years. I have treated last one years. This medicine may be continue. Please doctor suggest me this type of medicines have any side effect. Pls doctor at this time what should I do?
My wife is recently experiencing that stammering words what she wants to speak emotionally and feeling no movements in left side leg and left side hand, after receiving a shock news.
I constantly keep thinking and dreaming about something. I'm not free even a second. Because of this im not in this world. I must gain consciousness and be in this world. I must stop thinking unnecessarily. My mind must be active. Please suggest me something to create alertness.
1. Hi am Engineering Student. Duration of exam period I feel like I forgot all the things. 2. How to improve your memory.
I am suffering from fever last two days my eyes are also being red and paining my body badly so please help me.
Good morning sir, i smoke & drink alcohol from 2 years. Drinking is some times but smoking is daily 3-4 times how to avoid smoke please reply me.
Rett syndrome is a neurodevelopmenal disorder that affects girls almost exclusively. It is characterized by normal early growth and development followed by a slowing of development, loss of purposeful use of the hands, distinctive hand movements, slowed brain and head growth, problems with walking, seizures, and intellectual disability.
The disorder was identified by Dr. Andreas Rett, an Austrian physician who first described it in a journal article in 1966. It was not until after a second article about the disorder, published in 1983 by Swedish researcher Dr. Bengt Hagberg, that the disorder was generally recognized.
The course of Rett syndrome, including the age of onset and the severity of symptoms, varies from child to child. Before the symptoms begin, however, the child generally appears to grow and develop normally, although there are often subtle abnormalities even in early infancy, such as loss of muscle tone (hypotonia), difficulty feeding, and jerkiness in limb movements. Then, gradually, mental and physical symptoms appear. As the syndrome progresses, the child loses purposeful use of her hands and the ability to speak. Other early symptoms may include problems crawling or walking and diminished eye contact. The loss of functional use of the hands is followed by compulsive hand movements such as wringing and washing. The onset of this period of regression is sometimes sudden.
Apraxia — the inability to perform motor functions — is perhaps the most severely disabling feature of Rett syndrome, interfering with every body movement, including eye gaze and speech.
Children with Rett syndrome often exhibit autistic-like behaviors in the early stages. Other symptoms may include walking on the toes, sleep problems, a wide-based gait, teeth grinding and difficulty chewing, slowed growth, seizures, cognitive disabilities, and breathing difficulties while awake such as hyperventilation, apnea (breath holding), and air swallowing