Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic & fat also which green tea I should take because there are so many in market. Please advise.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder which is characterized by high blood sugar levels in the body. This occurs when the glucose in the body is not converted into energy due to the impaired functioning of insulin in the body. Insulin is a hormone in the body produced by the pancreas which processes sugar in the body. Impaired functioning of the insulin leads to a rise in blood sugar levels, thus leading to diabetes.
The symptoms of diabetes differ from person to person, depending on how high one’s blood sugar levels are. Diabetes exhibits various symptoms such as frequent urges to urinate, extreme hunger, rapid weight loss and irritability. Fatigue, blurred-vision and increased thirst are some other common symptoms as well. Diabetes also slows down the healing process of any sore or injury in the body.
The cause of diabetes is linked to improper functioning of insulin. There are four types of diabetes and each comes with its own set of causes:
Type 1 Diabetes-
In Type 1 diabetes, the immune system of the body starts to attack the healthy pancreatic cells which produce insulin. This reduces the insulin production in the body, causing a rise in the blood sugar levels.
Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-diabetes-
The causes for Pre-diabetes and Type 2 diabetes are very similar. In both the cases, the body starts becoming resistant to insulin, and the normal production of insulin cannot make up for this. This leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood, leading to diabetes.
During pregnancy, a woman’s body produces hormones which play a major role in sustaining the pregnancy to a full term. However, these hormones tend to affect the functioning of insulin, leading to a rise in blood sugar.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Balancing Blood Sugar Level-
Ayurvedic treatments to regulate blood sugar aim to get your blood sugar levels under control and improve your overall health. As they are made from natural ingredients, these remedies do not have any side-effects unlike conventional treatments. The Ayurvedic remedies are:
Diet: Maintaining a healthy diet is very important to get blood sugar under control. Avoid eating simple sugars as they spike blood sugar levels; instead of opting for fiber and complex carbohydrates such as whole grains and vegetables.
Exercise: Regular exercise helps in keeping blood sugar in check, as it burns calories. You can opt for cardiovascular or weight training to burn calories and keep your metabolic rate elevated. A high metabolic rate means good amount of calories burned by the body at rest.
- Herbs: There are certain herbs that you can consume (in different forms) to control diabetes. Herbs such as ‘neem’ and ‘fenugreek’ (methi) seeds, if incorporated in the daily diet in prescribed dosages, can be beneficial in getting your blood sugar in check. Turmeric is another herb which has anti-inflammatory properties that can treat this condition by reducing body resistance to insulin and increasing insulin production by the pancreas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am type 1 diabetic. I am taking huminsulin 30/70. I am taking 30 unit in morning and 20 unit at night before meal. My fasting test is normal i.e 80mgdl but when I test my blood after food after 2 hrs it was 220mgdll. But after 4 hrs it was 120mgdl. What is the problem. Is this normal? Why not my blood sugar is normal after 2 hrs. Why my blood sugar become normal after 4 hrs. I am 27 years old. 55 kg weight. please help.
Three days back I have tested my blood in wellness a profile where my Average Blood Glucose is found to be 249. I have Chronic Pancreatitis. What are the medicines I have to take to reduce it. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from uric acid taking medicine febustat40 1 tab daily but still not happy with treatment, eating low protein diet , I want to know what should I do for better/ permanent cure.
How to control my sugar fluctuations, I also take human actrapid insulin 15 units before lunch and 20 units before dinner. After lunch my sugar level is above 275 and before dinner above 200 HOW I MAINTAIN MY SUGAR LEVEL?
I am having hypo thyroid and goiter. I want to conceive. Which type precautions I will be take? Please tell me.
Dear Doctor, I am not married yet but strongly I am having feeling that I should have a baby , I should do breast feeding, may be this is because of my age. As I am running 30 years, may be in this age any women may have feeling of baby. While looking towards any baby my nipples starts discharging this is happening since last 5-6 months, but now since last 15 days the colour of the discharge is brownish, dark yellow, I went to doctor, she advised me ESR MP, thyroid function, FSH LH hormone, and mammogram test. Please guide.
My dad is a diabetic. He is under ayurvedic treatment. He consumes alcohol. Can be so like dat. But he is not drinking everyday but weakly 2 times.
Without wine and stress, can blood sugar and blood pressure diseases create in human body. Tell some in favour and if not increase by wine and stress. What are basic reasons of these diseases.
I am suffering from sugar diabetes from 2 years my health is very Dow. And blood pressure fluctuates low please help me.
I'm a sugar patient my immunity level is low how to I grow my level my age is 45approx. How to improve my health.
I am 24years old and I have thyroid from last 6months and taking medicine daily but its not in control. Fluctuating. Doctor didnt told me any precautions.
Tip 1: Get more physical activity
There are many benefits to regular physical activity. Exercise can help you:
• Lose weight
• Lower your blood sugar
• Boost your sensitivity to insulin — which helps keep your blood sugar within a normal range
Research shows that both aerobic exercise and resistance training can help control diabetes, but the greater benefit comes from a fitness program that includes both.
Tip 2: Get plenty of fibre
It's rough, it's tough — and it may help you:
• Reduce your risk of diabetes by improving your blood sugar control
• Lower your risk of heart disease
• Promote weight loss by helping you feel full
Foods high in fiber include fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
Tip 3: Go for whole grains
Although it's not clear why, whole grains may reduce your risk of diabetes and help maintain blood sugar levels. Try to make at least half your grains whole grains. Many foods made from whole grains come ready to eat, including various breads, pasta products and many cereals. Look for the word "whole" on the package and among the first few items in the ingredient list.
Tip 4: Lose extra weight
If you're overweight, diabetes prevention may hinge on weight loss. Every pound you lose can improve your health, and you may be surprised by how much. Participants in one large study who lost a modest amount of weight — around 7 percent of initial body weight — and exercised regularly reduced the risk of developing diabetes by almost 60 percent.
Tip 5: Skip fad diets and just make healthier choices
Low-carb diets, the glycemic index diet or other fad diets may help you lose weight at first, but their effectiveness at preventing diabetes isn't known nor are their long-term effects. And by excluding or strictly limiting a particular food group, you may be giving up essential nutrients. Instead, think variety and portion control as part of an overall healthy-eating plan
My wife underwent a total thyroidectomy operations on 26.02. 2016. Which food to take and which food to avoid. Please give a guideline.
Hello dr! My mother is 43 years old n is suffering from white fluid discharge regularly since the month has started. She also suffering from thyroid problem. She has not got her periods since month of October. She did her regular test n all results were -ve. Plzz do suggest what to do?
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.