Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harshit JainYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor's I'm dharmender I'm facing stomach problem last four years I go daily washroom four to five time some time I feel burn in my stomach and in my legs pls suggest me what can I do.
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
I got headache last night and it was so painful I could not bear it what do I do? It getting very usual at this time what is the cure to this?
Sometimes when I touch someone or someone who touched me they and me feel little electric shock, why can anyone tell me?
I am 21 years old and I am male. I am having memory loss problem and having problem in concentrating on my studies. I consult with several doctors but they can't catch my problem, they recommend to have proper sleep and diet which I am following but no effective results found in me. Please help me!
Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Erectile Dysfunction
Hi everybody! I am Dr. Imran. Today, I am going to talk about erectile dysfunction, which is a very common problem among especially the males. I am going to tell you the causes and the treatment of this disorder. In todays time , most of the young and middle-aged males are either unable to have erection or are able to have it but cannot maintain the same for long as required to have the sexual intercourse. Scientific research says that the cause for this may be lack of proper blood supply in your sexual organ, the penis, due to some relevant causes.
Among the causes of this dysfunction as seen in our clinical practice include the side effects of certain medicines prescribed for high blood pressure, blood sugar, diabetes, epilepsy. Sometimes, it may happen due to certain psychological problems as well like high levels of depression, anxiety, stress. It may also occur due to poor interpersonal relationship when the male is either unable to communicate properly with his partner or for some other reasons in the background which disturb the relationship. Along with this, spinal or head injuries and hormonal imbalances in the body may also cause the dysfunction.
A qualified sexologist tries to catch the particular cause of erectile dysfunction for the patient and keeping the same in mind he targets the cause and rectifies it with medicine. The general management for erectile dysfunction includes psychotherapy, medicines, some devices which can be used for penis particularly and some exercises which can cure the dysfunction soon.
A general misconception among the people is that erectile dysfunction is a normal phenomenon among the people who are 35 or 40 years old or more but this is not true. In the end, I would also like to tell you that Lybrate is such a platform who reaches qualified and authentic doctors to the patient. So, if you have any queries for me, you can definitely put them on the Lybrate platform and I will answer them.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.