Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Harshit JainYour feedback matters!
दोस्तों जब हम कंडोम का नाम सुनते है, तो अमूमन ये सोच लेते हैं कि यह एक ऐसी वस्तु है, जो पुरुष इस्तेमाल करते हैं अपने लिंग पर पहन कर सीमेन को महिला साथी के योनि के अंदर जाने से रोकने के लिए। पर क्या आप जानते हैं कि कंडोम केवल पुरुषों के लिए ही नहीं बनाया गया है, बल्कि महिलाओं के लिए भी कंडोम मौजूद है। लेकिन भले ही स्त्रियों के लिए कंडोम होते उलब्ध है पर वह कम इस्तेमाल किये जाते है। आज हम आपको बताएंगे स्त्रियों के कंडोम यानी फीमेल कंडोम के बारे में जो STD या अनचाहा गर्भधारण रोकने में उतना ही कारगर है जितना कि पुरुषों का कंडोम।
फीमेल कंडोम को महिलाओं के शशक्तिकरण के रूप में देखा जाए तो गलत नहीं। और यह अंतराष्ट्रीय स्तर पर पिछले 20 सालों से पाया जा रहा है। फीमेल कंडोम महिलाओं को न केवल शक्ति देता है, अपने को सुरक्षित रखें सेक्स करते समय किसी भी प्रकार के अनावश्यक परेशानियों से बचने की, बल्कि यह महिलाओं को आज़ादी भी देता है उस स्थिति से की उनके पुरुष साथी कंडोम पहनेंगे तभी वे सुरक्षित सेक्स कर पाएंगी। केवल भारत में ही लिया जाए तो सालाना पुरुषों के 150 करोड़ कंडोम के मुकाबले केवलं 30 लाख फीमेल कंडोम बनाए जाता है।
इस तरह दोनों तरह के कंडोम के उत्पाद के बीच इतना बड़ा अंतर ही साबित करता है कि, हममें से कई लोग इस फीमेल कंडोम के बारे में या तो जानते ही नहीं और जो लोग जानते हैं वे इस्तेमाल नही करते। जिसके कई कारण हो सकते हैं जैसे कि पिछड़ी सोच होना, साथी को नापसंद होना, हर जगह पर उपलब्ध ना होना। फीमेल कंडोम का दाम भी इसके कम इस्तेमाल होने का की एक अहम वजह हो सकती है, क्योंकि जहाँ पुरुषों का कंडोम 25 रुपये में 3 आते हैं वहीं स्त्रियों का कंडोम 100 रुपये में 3 आते है। इसीलिए कुछ कंपनियां इसका मूल्य लगभग 50% घटाने के बारे में सोच रही हैं, ताकि फीमेल कंडोम का ज्यादा से ज्यादा इस्तेमाल किया जा सके। तो अब हम जानते हैं फीमेल कंडोम क्या है और इसके क्या क्या फायदे है।
क्या है फीमेल कंडोम
फीमेल कंडोम लम्बी और पतली लुब्रिकेटेड पॉलीयूरेथेन थैली होती है जिसे सम्भोग के समय लगाया जाता है। यह एक विरोधक के तौर पर काम करती है और महिलाओं के योनि को पूरी तरह से गहराई तक कवच प्रदान करती है। इसके दोनों तरफ गोलाकार रिंग होती है जिसका बंद वाला हिस्सा योनि के अंदर जाता है और दूसरा योनि के बाहर रहता है। यह नितरिले नामक पदार्थ से बनाई जाती है जो अपने पतलेपन की वजह से संभोग की खुशी पुरुषों के कंडोम की तुलना में ज्यादा प्रदान करती है। यह अनचाहा गर्भधारण को रोकने में मदद करती है और STD जैसे कि HIV को फैलने से रोकती है।
फीमेल कंडोम क्यों करे इस्तेमाल
- फीमेल कंडोम न सिर्फ उन महिलाओं के लिए फायदेमंद है, जो अपने साथी पुरुष का कंडोम पहनना पसंद नहीं करती बल्कि उन महिलाओं के लिए भी कारगर है, जिनकी योनि में सुखापन ज्यादा होता है या कहे कि लुब्रिकेशन कम होता है, जो सेक्स करते समय दर्द का एहसास करती है। यह अक्सर मेनोपॉज़ के दौरान या उसके बाद होता है, तो ऐसे में फीमेल कंडोम इस्तेमाल करना फायदेमंद हो सकता है।
- जो महिला बच्चे को जन्म देने के बाद ऑपरेशन करवा लेती हैं यूटेरस निकालने का उन महिलाओं को भी नेचुरल लुब्रिकेशन की कमी हो सकती है तो ऐसी स्तिथि में स्वक्स के दौरान फीमेल कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करना काफी बेहतर है।
- कुछ महिलाओं को पुरुषों के कंडोम में मौजूद लैटेक्स से एलर्जी होती है तो ऐसी महिलाओं के लिए फीमेल कंडोम फायदेमंद होता है क्योंकि फीमेल कंडोम में लैटेक्स नही होता।
- कुछ महिलाएं नासाज तबियत की वजह से गर्भ निरोधक दवाइयां नही ले पाती, ऐसी महिलाओं के लिए फीमेल कंडोम बेहद लाभदायक होता है।
- जिन महिलाओं को मासिक धर्म के दौरान सेक्स करने का मन होता है उसके लिए भी फीमेल कंडोम फायदेमंद होता है क्योंकि वह सेक्स करते समय योनि से खून को बाहर आने से रोकता है।
कैसे पहने फीमेल कंडोम
- कुछ लोगो का मानना है कि फीमेल कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करना मुश्किल है। यह सच है पर धीरे-धीरे प्रैक्टिस करने से यह आसान लगने लगता है। और सही तरीके से इसको पहनना जरूरी है। महिला इसको पहनने के लिए नीचे लेटके अपने पैरों को फैला के किसी अच्छे लुब्रीकेंट जैसे कि तेल, क्रीम इत्यादि का इस्तेमाल करके धीरे-धीरे कंडोम को अपने योनि के अंदर डालें। लुब्रीकेंट का इस्तेमाल करने से इसको योनि के अंदर डालना आसान हो जाता है।
- कंडोम को जितना अंदर तक डालना चाहे डाल सकते है पर ध्यान रहे कि यह अंदर से मुड़े ना।
- यदि महिला कंडोम का इस्तेमाल कर रही है तो ध्यान रहे कि पुरुष कंडोम न पहनें। ऐसा करने से कंडोम का फटना संभव होता है।
- यदि सेक्स करते समय यह बाहर निकल जाता है तो उसे दोबारा अंदर न डाले बल्कि नए कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करें और इस्तेमाल करने के बाद इससे तुरन्त अपने योनि से निकाल दें।
फीमेल कंडोम पहनने का नुकसान
- जैसा कि आपने देखा कि फीमेल कंडोम के कई फायदे होतें है परंतु इसके कुछ नुकसान भी है जो जानना जरूरी है। फीमेल कंडोम में 2 रिंग होते है दोनों छोर पर, और जो रिंग योनि के अंदर जाता है वह सेक्स करते दौरान तकलीफ देह हो सकता है। जो रिंग महिला के योनि के बाहर होता है वह महिला का ध्यान वही पे केंद्रित करके रखता है जिससे वह सेक्स का मज़ा नही ले पाती।
- फीमेल कंडोम 100% सुरक्षित नही होता। इसे 95% सुरक्षित माना जाता है परंतु 5% मौका होता है इसके नाकाम होने का।
- कुछ लोगो का कहना है कि सेक्स करते समय यह बहुत आवाज़ करता है जो उनका ध्यान भटका देता है। पर कोई बात नहीं अच्छे लुब्रिकरेंट के इस्तेम से इसे रोका जा सकता है।
- तो दोस्तो फीमेल कंडोम से संबंधित इन सभी बातों को जानने के बाद अंत मे यही कह सकते है कि यह एक अच्छा विकल्प है गर्भ निरोध का, जो मज़ा भी देता है तो दर्द भी। इसे एक बार इस्तेमाल जरूर करके देखें।
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically.
A stressful life and an unhealthy lifestyle impacts not only our physical health, but also our mental health. There are some instances now that have proved that most cases of mental illness such as depression, anxiety, and stress, happen due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though in an extreme condition, you may need the help of a professional expert, there are many ways through which you can keep your physical, as well as mental health, in check.
Food is the most important ingredient of a healthy body and mind. Today, many physical ailments take place due to a wrong diet and unhealthy food habits. Some of the most common mistakes that people make these days are:
- Skipping important meals such as breakfast,
- Not consuming a balanced diet,
- Depending more upon junk food items rather than healthy food items.
It's always best to consume lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. The vitamins and minerals available in a balanced diet are very important to keep you away from health issues. Also, green vegetables such as spinach help in oxidizing the blood that reaches your brain and help in proper working of the brain cells.
Along with consuming proper and balanced diet, it is also important to provide a proper amount of workout session to both the body and mind.
Today, some people rely on gym instruments inside the four enclosed walls of a room. This may help you in getting a well-toned and fit body, but may not benefit your mind.
If you wish to keep your mind away from problems such as tiredness and stress, then it is important to inhale some fresh air at least once a day. A good way is to go for some exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling and others in open air for some time. The fresh and open air, along with exposure to greenery, refreshes your mind and hence controls the release of anxiety toxins in the brain.
After proper diet and exercise, what is most important is relaxation. If you are working the whole day and you do not have time for relaxation, the tiredness will make you fall sick. Some useful tips are:
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a day,
- Practicing meditation in case of extreme stress,
- Taking out some time from a busy schedule in doing activities you love to do, such as playing music, or reading books.
Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only to keep your body fit and healthy but also to keep your mind healthy and free from anxiety and stress.
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke.
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.
Headaches are probably the most commonly experienced body pain. However, for some people, this can be chronic pain that is experienced on an almost daily basis. Such headaches and migraines can affect a person’s quality of life and overall health as well. In such cases, medication is often not preferred as it can have side effects in the long run and can make the body dependent on them. Four effective alternative therapies that can ease headaches are:
- A Massage: Massaging the temples or the neck and shoulder region can help relieve a headache temporarily. Regular massages can also help reduce the frequency of headaches and their intensity.
- Stretching Exercises: Tensed muscles can also trigger headaches. Thus, exercising the neck muscles to relax them can help relieve this pain. An easy way to stretch your neck is to move it up and down and side to side slowly. Alternatively, you could shrug your shoulders up and down as well as forwards and backwards. When stretching your muscles, hold a position for about 5 seconds and repeat each exercise 3 to 5 times.
- Meditation: The more you think about a headache, the more it pains. Thus by relaxing the mind through meditation, you can help relieve some of the pain. A relaxed mind can also produce more endorphins and hormones that help relieve pain. The best time to meditate is in the early morning and the simplest way is to sit cross-legged and focus on your breath as you inhale and exhale.
- Hot and Cold Therapy: This form of therapy can be used by anyone including pregnant women. For pain in the neck region, applying a heat pack can be beneficial while an ice pack can help relieve a pulsating headache. An ice pack lowers the internal body temperature and soothes the artery that supplies blood to the lining of the brain thus relieving the throbbing sensation.
In addition making a few lifestyle changes can also help prevent headaches. These include
- Maintaining a regular routine of eating and sleeping at the same time every day.
- Exercising for at least half an hour on a daily basis
- Quitting nicotine and alcohol
- Finding an effective way to reduce stress
- Avoiding factors that might trigger a headache. Keeping a diary can help you identify factors that trigger a headache
- Taking only the medication prescribed by a doctor and not self-medicating
- Get adequate sleep and rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
My hair is turned into white (some part). I look like aged now. Suggest a best shampoo to overcome this problem.
Hi doctor. I am chaitali. 40 years old woman. I am suffering through gas for some days. It causing vomiting, loose motion. I took RABICER-D-SR. But I am still suffering through loose motion and some loss of appetite. I am feeling very weak now. And there is only water in my poop. What should I do?
Taking powder for constipation at night. Problem is if take next day three to four times going where as if I don't take even for two to three days bowl is not getting clean. I am diabetic for 20 years having vogs Gm 1 mg twice in a day and multi vitamin once.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Hello sir. Mujhy periods mai bht zayda pain hoty hai. Sir mjhy pain bardash nai hoti hai. Please sir suggest me some medicine which has no side effects.
Pharma Zzowin Tablet for Management of Insomnia - 60 Tablets cause and effects. If overdose of 60 tablets causes?
Hello doctor. I am 22 years old and a rugby player. I do intense weight training in the gym and later in the evening I have my game practice sessions in which I do very intense cardio. I sweat a lot both of the times could you please let me knw how mch litres of water should I consume per day?
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Human body moves in an agile manner because of the wonderful coordination between the muscles and bones. The bones are connected to the muscles by what are known as tendons. These are fibrous, thinner than bones, but thicker than muscles and enable movement.
However, due to overuse, trauma, or inflammation, these tendons can be affected. Symptoms include constant dull ache, weakness, stiffness, and limited movement of the affected area. With exercise or sudden movement, the pain can be more sharp and severe. This condition is known as chronic tendinopathy. Depending on the actual clinical presentation, rest, ice therapy, heat therapy, exercise and pain medications are usually used in combination to relieve the tendon pain.
However, if there is no relief of symptoms, surgery may be indicated to remove the injured tissue. This will allow for healing of the affected tendon, thereby reducing pain and inflammation and improving range of motion of the affected joint. Many questions have been raised about the traditional methods of therapy and treatment for tendon pain. More and more innovative, but conservative measures are being used to treat chronic tendon pain, as they produce better results and have gained more popularity. Three of the most common ones are listed below:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Traditionally, corticosteroids were used for treating chronic tendinopathy. This was believed to reduce inflammation and therefore relieve the pain. Instead, injecting the affected joint with platelet-rich plasma provides the body with rich supply of oxygen, nutrients, and growth factors. This triggers natural healing. It is done as an outpatient, nonsurgical procedure, where the patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged to remove the platelets. This plasma is then injected back into the tendon area to promote healing.
- Mechanical therapy: Conventionally, static stretching of the injured tendons was believed to repair the injury. However, this belief is slowly replaced with doing the exercise with resistance in place. This helps collagen synthesis and therefore helps in promoting the tendon injury. After the initial healing phase, slowly introducing heavy, slow resistance therapy helps build back muscle and improve strength.
- Tenex procedure: Traditionally, if all other measures for tendon repair failed, surgery would be the last resort. A large incision was made, through which the injured tendon would be accessed and repaired. Recovery would sometimes take months. With advancements, however, currently, a 3-mm incision is made, through which ultrasound image is used via probe. This probe removes the damaged tissue and the surrounding tissue is also debrided. This minimally invasive procedure takes about 20 minutes and recovery takes about 2 to 6 weeks.
The next time there is someone suffering from chronic tendon injury, try these innovative and less invasive ways. Treatment and recovery would be more effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.