Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harmandeep K GillYour feedback matters!
I am 53 years old my fasting sugar level 120 post meal is 140. Before two months it was (fasting) 108 and pp was 132. My bp is 84/124 with or without having medicine and my weight is 89 kgs. I am also g6pd patient. Kindly advise me to control the sugar level. Thanks.
I am 57 and diabetes since 15 years and hypertension since 4 years. Both are under control with medication. Since 8 months I am suffering with cough & White mucus. I have through all the pulmonology TESTS and Normal. Recently it is suspecting as Acid Reflux and I am asked to stop all acidic foods and given Pan D tablets since 20 days. But no much improvement. Will it take longer to cure. Any advice for any other test. Would be very thankful for suggestions.
Is there any chances that subclinical hypothyroidism will return to its normal level if left untreated, if yes then how much (in % approx)
Hi I'm diabetic since 20 yrs, it is seems to be under control, please diagnose my main problem asper Doctors advice I have GEOGRAPHY CAL TONGUE it was from last 15 yrs, All home, allopathy, ayurved.
Hello Dr. I went through diabetic screening test before one week and it was 6.1 according to Hb1ac and I tested at home with glucometer it was 106 before meal and 175 after meal. Now I have started 40 min walk daily and done dietary modification. Is it sufficient. please guide.
Can insulin taking type-2 diabetes patient be reverted back to tablets even if the liver of the patient is week?
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
My father is 45 year old. He is having diabetes from last many years. From last many days, he doesn't like to eat anything. And just vomit everything whenever eats something at night. He remains always stressed. Please suggest what should we do to cure it. Fasting - 110 pp glucose levels- 160 Medication - zetamet plus in morning before breakfast, gluconorm SR before dinner, Pregastar 75 M after dinner. Daily morning walk. Normal diet - 2 chapati sabzi in morning, lunch and dinner. Any one seasonal fruit in evening. A glass of milk in morning. However, he usually try to avoid food at night. And just feels to vomit after having dinner and headache. Height- 5.4" Weight- 68.
Age-50 years. Working as house lady. I suffering whole body swelling, no working capacity I done all the test like TSH, T3,T4, Ultrasound,ECO, EEG etc. But its normal. I don't understand that what is the problem with my body. Please advice what can I do?
My age is 23 and I am suffering from diabetes from last year nd I now I am taking medicine for control my blood sugar level is there any way bt which I can control my blood sugar level without any medicines.
I am male 30 years old My uric acid in blood after test is 2.73 The normal range is 3.4 to 6.8 Pls advise.
If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, it is important for you to deal with the condition so that your daily life and activities do not get affected. Hypothyroidism occurs when your thyroid gland becomes under active and does not produces sufficient amount of hormones. This affects the metabolism rate of your body. Hypothyroidism has several symptoms which include fatigue, constipation, dry skin, muscle cramping, hoarse voice, depression, sudden gain of weight and brittle hair and fingernails.
Here are some important tips which you should follow in order to deal with hypothyroidism and for its treatment:
- Go Gluten and A1 Casein free: Common allergies and food intolerance, which occur today are because of wheat and dairy products because of the hybridized proteins of A1 casein and gluten. These may lead to a leaky gut, as a result of which inflammation of the thyroid gland takes place. This affects the thyroid’s functioning. You should avoid grain and gluten in your diet. Try to consume dairy products coming from A2 cow’s milk.
- Avoid BPA: Bisphenol A or BPA is present in plastic bottles. These are capable of disrupting the endocrine system and also affect the thyroid gland. You should avoid drinking from plastic bottles and drink water from glass, stainless steel and plastic bottles which are BPA free.
- Check your iodine levels: In case your iodine levels are low, you should use an organic liquid supplement. Kelp is ideal for this purpose.
- Heavy metal detox: You need to detoxify your body and eliminate traces of harmful metals from your organs and cells. For this, you may use a combination of milk, turmeric, chlorella, cilantro and thistle, which are ideal for a metal detox.
- Increase your selenium intake: It is important for you to consume sufficient amounts of selenium in your everyday diet, but you should not consume them in excess. You should eat food items containing selenium in good amount such as salmon, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, mushrooms, onions and beef.
- Take adaptogen supplements: You should lower your cortisol levels and improve thyroid functioning by taking supplements such as tulsi and ashwaganda.
- Remove silver fillings: If you have amalgam fillings, you should consult a dentist and get the fillings removed.
- Lower your carbohydrate intake: You also need to reduce the amount of sugar and grains in your regular diet. Instead, take healthy fats. Consuming too much carbohydrates leads to increased estrogen, which affects thyroid negatively. Choose healthy fats like coconut oils, avocado, wild salmon, hemp seeds and flax seeds. These will help in balancing your hormone levels.
Hypothyroidism usually occurs from common causes such as toxicity due to radiation and metal exposure, deficiency of iodine and selenium, food intolerance and hormonal imbalance due to stress and excess carbohydrates.