Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harmandeep K Gill
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harmandeep K GillYour feedback matters!
I am 63 year old male suffering from hypothyroid. I am taking 150mg eltroxin every day morning. Beside taking control diet, my weight remains the same i. E. 97 kgms (ht 178 cms). Please advise.
I have been taking 100 ml whiskey daily for yhe last more than 20 years. I am having diabetes 130 Fasting.
What are the early symptoms of diabetes? What kind of food intake is recommended for pre-diabetics? Sugar free food?
I am suffering from itching since one year. I consulted many doctors and used many medicines but no use. The itching subsides when I am on medicines but return when the medicines are over. I have no rashes or redness of skin with the itch. The itch is all over the body and I am unable to sleep. I have used atarax, Allegra, spiromont, etc. I have hypothyroid. Someone please advise.
Im a diabetes patient. From my age of 16 th. Now my age was 24. Still I have the same problem. Daily I inject the insulin. INSUGEN 30/70, 100 Unit. And put the injection unit per day 32 units.
Addison’s disease is a disorder caused due to significant damage in the adrenal cortex (located alongside the adrenal gland’s perimeter that helps mediate stress reaction), which leads to a deficiency in the secretion of the hormones ‘aldosterone’ (that regulates the sodium and potassium level of the body), ‘androgen’ and ‘cortisol’ (which control the body’s reaction in situations of intense pressure) by the adrenal glands.
There are generally two stages of Addison’s disease. The causes vary according to the stages:
In the primary stage of the disorder, the body’s immune system attacks the adrenal cortex and significantly damages it.
Other significant causes are as follows:
- This might occur as a result of the development of tumors and cancerous cells in the body
- Resulting from certain infections
- Long-term usage of glucocorticoids (inflammation reducing steroids) might result in the primary adrenal insufficiency
- This might also be caused due to tuberculosis or severe bleeding in the adrenal glands.
If you’re suffering from any one of the following complications, your chances of contracting Addison’s disease increase significantly:
- Cancer or if you have undergone any surgery to remove parts of the adrenal gland
- Tuberculosis or diabetes.
- Frequent usage of coagulants
The treatment of Addison’s disease varies according to the cause of the disorder.
The most common treatments for the disorder include:
- A prescribed dosage of glucocorticoids might be recommended
- Replacement of the hormones that the adrenal glands are unable to produce: Cortisone acetate or prednisone might be used in order to replace the ‘cortisol’ hormone.
- Meditation or other relaxing techniques to ease excessive stress levels or manage any trauma that you have been through. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.