Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Harmandeep K GillYour feedback matters!
My mom is 44 years old she has teeth from 10 days it eint cure so doctor told to do test of diabetes after test she is having 190 sugar fbs please let me know permanently solution for diabetes. Soon.
My tsh level is 8.86. And I am anxious to conceive, doctor suggested me to have eltroxin of 50 mcg a day. My doubt is will my tsh level go down quickly if I use 100 mcg a day? so that I can conceive faster? please suggest me.
Sir, I am 40 years old and have a thyroid problem from past 3 years. I have Used tablets couple of days. Suggest me a doctor for permanent treatment.
Hi, My wife got blood samples tested recently. Results came out that she s having thyroid (tsh-9.7). I consulted endocrinologist and he insisted to do TPO ab test. I got it done and noticed a value of 909ui/ml. Kindly let me know is it a serious concern? What medication/diet need to be followed? What exercise need to be taken? Any ill effects die to this?
I have hypothyroid is there any treatment to cure this? At present I am taking thyronorm 150 mg daily.
I am 60 years old. My TSH 9.37 T4 10.5 T3 1.38 UREA 18 CREA 0.42 U.ACID 5.1. I have severe joint pain. Energy less. Fatigued. What is the reason for that? Is for TSH and is it needed to consult an Thyroid specialist?
Is there any food /fruit /veg to be avoided while on medication for subclinical hypothyroidism for an 11 years old. He has gall stones too. But there was no symptom of either hypothyroidism and gall stones.
It is a common belief among people that once a diabetic starts taking insulin he cannot come back on oral medicine , how far is this true?
My husband's age is 29 and he had taken sugar test and FBS came out to be 113 and PBS 116. He had taken FBS earlier two times as well within a gap of 10 days and first it was 106 then 113 and now again 113. Can you suggest what is the reason of this?
She is suffering diabetes for 8 years her age is 63. In last 1 year she done surgery of right leg for infection. Kindly send tips for control sugar.
Iam suffering with sugar from2013. July. Taking allopathy glycomate S. R. Tablets. But today my testing report is 202/ 288 fast& after food. My age 50yrs. Chose best treatment.
My mom is suffering with pulmonary tb, taking att drugs and she is a diabetic patient presently she is having asthma symptoms wheezing cough chest tightness fever etc I want to know type of treatment for it. Ist curable? Can she lead a normal life? Solutions?
Fenugreek seeds with 1 cup of water – – –
Tea (without sugar) 1 cup 4 35
Marie Biscuits 2 1 56
Stuffed methi/palak /lauki paratha 2 small 7 200
Curd 50 gm (1 cup) 3 30
Egg white / Paneer Bhurji 1 medium bowl 6 130
Plain roti (no oil ) 2 small 3 150
Vegetable poha/upama/oats/daliya 1 soup bowl 4.5 230
Apple /guava/orange 1 – 40
Salad (10 mins before lunch) 1 Medium bowl 1 30
Capsicum + gobhi veg 1 medium bowl 1 85
Dal 1 soup bowl 6 130
Phulka (no ghee) 2 6 175
Milk / green tea / herbal tea / lemon water 1 cup 2 35
Roasted chana + Muri 1 cup 5 85
Salad (10 mins before dinner)
Phulka (no ghee 2 4.5 150
Lauki veg 1 cup 2 85
Curd 1 cup 3 30
Skim Milk (no sugar) 1 glass 4 120
Total – 49.5 1286
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.