Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Hellosir/madam, I am suffering from type 1 diabetes since 22 years, my sugar levels are under control only fbs 98, plbs 110 and hba1c 5.6. But I used to go for urine per day only 4-5 times .i am on insugen 30/70 mrng 10u, night 12u, some times I get more angry on my kid and even ill beat him also and shouts on my kid. I feels that im alone and no one will care me ill fell like that please suggest me what to do to get ride of this problem.
I am 63 years old and my general health has been normal except for borderline blood sugar for which I am taking Tab Glucophage 500 twice daily for the last 7 to 8 years. My problem is that while I was maintaining a weight of 69 to 71 kg for almost 10 years till the year 2012, I started losing weight and have reached a figure of 64 to 65 kgs. The loss has stopped now but I feel I am underweight for my height of 5 feet 10 inches. All the medical tests for all parameters are found normal. Is the loss age related? Any scope for gaining a coup! e of kilograms and look a little more healthy? Kindly help.
Hello. I would like to get information regarding loss of sensation in the foot due to diabetes. It feels as if pricked by needles in the foot. Is it because he is 79 in age.
I am 64 years diabetic (2type, morning walker (50 minutes) .enlarged liver, and triglyceride-controlled with medicine. BUT OUT OF BREADTH WHILE CLIMBING STIRS AND JOGGING.
I am 30 years old and suffering from High Uric acid. As long as I use allopathic medicine FEBTAZ 40 mg uric acid levels are in range of 3-4 but without this medicine it raises to 11. Also I have another issue of high acidity, heartburn and acid reflux. Please advice.
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
Some fertility boosting factors are:
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Consult gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances.
I am 21 years old. And I have untreated thyroid for 3years (hypothyroidism). I am facing many problems overweight, pain in joints, fatigue, constipation. What should I do?
Banana has so many health benefits even d peel than why is it nt good fr a diabetic I love bananas n I am a diabetic.
Sir I am kumar. I am having continuous urination problem. I checked sugar and urinary track infection. But there is no problem. In scan report also showing kidney function is normal. What may be the problem. Now a days Sir I am kumar. I am having continuous urination problem. I checked sugar and urinary track infection. But there is no problem. In scan report also showing kidney function is normal. What may be the problem. Now a days I am having slight pain in bladder.
My tsh is increasing. I firstly tested my tsh it was 5.4. T3t4 was normal. Then started to take 50 mcg. Done test after 1 month. Tsh was 1.88. Then after 3 month. Tsh was. 2.99. Then after 6 month. The tsh has raised. It was 5.77. Why its happening.
I am a diabetic patient since last 10 years. Now my pp become more than three times of fasting. What can I do to reduce the same.
Does all the sugars like glucose, Fructose, sucrose, lactose etc are equally bad for diabetic patients? Does all the fruits contain same sugars and only their qty differs, making only few fruits suitable for these patients?
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.