Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harmandeep K GillYour feedback matters!
I am diabetic & in stress on insulin Novomix 70/30 mor 20 & evening 10 units & tab Gemer 2 trice a day with ecosprin av 75 mg once?
Hello sir/madam my dad is suffering from diabetes since 15 years. Now he 51 years old. His glucose level is normal. But frequently he suffer with loose motions thrice r twice in a week. What is the reason why is this happening. please reply?
Hello sir what are all the symptoms of hypothyroidism and it complications and how to prevent hypothyroidism please help me?
My mom is fifty year old and it has multiple illness 1, montek positive; uric acid, terefaed, teraed, position and 2, there are multiple calculi seen in the gall bladder lumpen: mild gall badder wall thickening seen, no pericholecystic fluid seen;
Dear Doctor, I am having hypothyroid, in take thyronorm 50 mcg dose daily, my TSH level is 14.5. Kindly advise dose, to reduce or increase? Please reply.
I have high uric Acid problem due to which my heels start paining and I am unable to walk much. Is there any permanent solution to it or a medication that can help me out.
I am diabetic and feels very weak myself my legs (thighs) even in walking. Diabetic only since 3 months I am 40 years old also lost 15 kg weight. And also in hands muscles too much weakness. Multivitamins taken but no relief. What should I got checked? is there any blood flow problem if so then how to get checked and relief? please help.
I'm diabetic patient since 20 years and it is controlled stage. I'm the age of 50 years. I have one hour time to do the exercise or yoga. My question is which one is more effective/better for me i.e exercise or yoga because both may not be possible due to time concern. Kindly advise please.
Please tell me symptoms of diabetes? As well as I want to know about the protests cancer. And it's symptoms.
Hello sir I am asking about my dad health conditions. He is 59 years old and he is working as a central government my bad as diabetes he as blood sugar suffering from 15 years .now the fasting sugar is 228 and after the food it is 250 .my dad is a bozzer he will consume alcohol a lightly itself .my question is that his stomach is getting big then he is becoming thin what is the problem.
I am diabetic for last 5yr. & on insulin (mixtard 30) 18 units morning before breakfast & 14 units before diner & my sugar level is 125 fasting, 143 pp is there any oral medicine in homeopathy, ayurvedic or any other.
Are you addicted to sugar and all sugary items? Have you tried cutting down your sugar intake, only to realize how tough, and sometimes impossible it is? These facts make it evident that something in your brain does not function normally, or in its usual way when it comes to sugar and sugary food items. This occurs because of several factors.
- Sugar addiction is caused by the overstimulation of your brain’s reward center
- Sugar is fattening in a unique way because of its high fructose content. There are various ways in which sugar causes you to overeat, leading to weight gain. The primary reason for developing an addiction to sugar is because of its impact on the brain’s reward center.
- When you eat sugary food, a large amount of dopamine gets released into the Nucleus Accumbens, which is a certain area of the brain. When you consume these food items frequently, the dopamine receptors become slow in regulating. As a result, the receptors for dopamine get lessened. This indicates that the next time you consume these specific food items, the effects of the receptors become blunt.
- For receiving the reward of the same level, you will be tempted into eating more sugary food. Sugar rich food function quite similarly to drugs of abuse such as nicotine, cannabis, amphetamine and cocaine. Similar centers of the brain come into play in both these forms of addiction.
- People having some sort of predisposition towards addiction are likely to get more addicted to such sweet and sugary food items, having no control over consumption.
This is the way in which sugar hijacks your brain chemistry, making you crave for more and more sugar, and in turn influences your behavior.
In some people, certain anatomical changes in the brain take place, when frequently exposed to food rich in sugar. It ends up in full fledged addiction in many people. According to the experiences of drug addicts who have been substance abusers for several years, the addiction to sugar and food rich in sugar content is exactly the same as any kind of drug addiction. There are no major differences, except that the substance of addiction and the consequences are totally different.
Several recovering drug addicts have stated that they crave for sugar, junk food, and any sweet food item in the same way they craved for alcohol and other drugs. This proves the level of addictive sugar, and it is recommended for everybody to abstain from consuming too much sugar.