Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hari Goyal
Submit a review for Dr. Hari GoyalYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 37 years male and suffering from gynecomastia on left side since 1 year please sometime there is pain in left flank area please help I am really concerns for this due yo this I have developed health anxiety of being breast cancer . I always do self diagnosis on internet. Please Dr. help me.
I am 82. Suffer from enlarged prostate. My urine output at night is heavy. Nearly 1.50 liters. I take urimax 90 at night since 2007. My psa is less than 1.0. I have no sugar. No cholesterol. I weigh around 89 kg. And five feet eleven inches tall. Do lot exercise.. Take 4000IU D3 every day. B12. And Vit E daily. Kindly advise if I am okay in health? Thanks
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
• Men who consume high saturated animal fat diet are two times more likely to experience disease progression after prostate cancer surgery than men with lower saturated fat intake.
• There is also shorter "disease–free" survival time among obese men who eat high saturated fat diet compared with non–obese men consuming diets low in saturated fat.
• Men with a high saturated fat intake had the shortest survival time free of prostate cancer (19 months)
• Non–obese men with low fat intake survived the longest time free of the disease (46 months).
• Non–obese men with high intake and obese men with low intake had "disease–free" survival of 29 and 42 months, respectively.
Take home messages
• High saturated fat diet has been linked to cancer of the prostate
• Reducing saturated fat in the diet after prostate cancer surgery can help reduce the cancer progression.
• Cancer prostate has the same risk factors as that of heart blockages and both are linked to high saturated fat intake.
• With an increase in number of heart patients, a corresponding increase in prostate cancer patients is also seen in the society.