Lybrate.com has top trusted Internal Medicine Specialists from across India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Haresh SidhwaYour feedback matters!
Doctor sahib, I am 60 year old and my weight is about 100 kgs and having blood pressure problem and for bp, I am taking medicine. I want want to reduce my weight to 70/75 kg. I am taking one time meal at about 8 p.m. Please guide me, so I can change my life , so no other illness will come in my life. Harish dhawan.
Dear sir whenever I eat cold item like banana, cold drink, curd etc2 I felt like cough and cold I checked up so many times but there are everything found normal. What should I do?
I am 28 years old. 7 years ago I fell down on the rock on upward faced, so I got injured on back side of head, little bit blood came out on that day. But I neglected that, now I feeling that something is happened, so what is the remedy for this?
A stressful life increases the cortisol content in our body, which in turn is responsible for increasing our craving for food. Often these cravings are more inclined towards sweets. An increased sweet consumption worsens our mood and is responsible for an array of complications such as obesity, diabetes etc. On top of this, the cortisol releases an enzyme called cortisone, which further increases the cortisol content in the body. In order to avoid this complication which results from a stressful life, here is a diet that will keep you in good state:
- Asparagus: Asparagus has is an ideal low-calorie option. Its high folate content helps to keep the body cool and composed. Asparagus can be consumed with salads or in the form of crisp and broiled snacks. Regular intake of this will go a long way in keeping you healthy under stressful situations.
- Avocados: One single serving of avocado can do good to your body. This creamy fruit has enough glutathione to block intestinal absorption of many kinds of fat. Avocados are also rich in folate, vitamin B, vitamin E, lutein and beta carotene. However, owing to its fat content, too much intake of this fruit doesn’t prove to be very beneficial for the body. This can be consumed as a whole or along with sandwiches and burgers.
- Berries: All kinds of berries are extremely rich in vitamin C, which is known to be a very effective combat for stress. Blueberries are one of the best antioxidants that occur naturally. Apart from this, berries also have the unique ability to reduce cortisol in the body. 3-4 berries can be included in the diet to experience immediate results.
- Cashews: There are a lot of misconceptions about cashews contributing to fat. While they possess fat, they are a great source of protein as well. Cashew is a rich source of zinc that is responsible for combatting stress, depression and anxiety. 2-3 pieces of cashews can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect on the body. A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania showed that Chamomile tea greatly helps in fighting stress and has a calming effect on the body. A separate study by the University of Maryland Medical Center showed that Chamomile Tea helps in getting sleep.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in the body. Allicin is a critical compound found in garlic, which helps to fight against common cold, heart diseases and even cancer. Garlic also fights against stress and maintains calm. This can be consumed with your meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 63 years old and have been suffering from hypertension and diabetes.I underwent bypass surgery 5 years back. I am unable to get erection and maintain it.
Gum of my one of teeh is receded so much that its roots are now exposed and senstivity can be felt on touching it. I used to eat non smoke tobacco and still often consume it. I will stop eating it can my gum recover, is their any gum transplant to recover it. please advice.
I want to check my full body, what should for it, basically I want to check my all hormones. please suggest me.
I got irritation around my urinal parts for a week I applied itch guard regularly but no benefit yet. Please suggest me proper cure.
I am 57 years old man, feeling insecure mentally and physically, loosing weight slowly and always feeling bad and depressed. How would I repair these?
I have cold last 15 days I used medicine also but all in vain. please tell me what should I do to get improvement?
Hello, I want to cure my melasma or hyperpigmentation on face using homeopathy can anyone tell me any medicine on thatlike face wash face cream cleanser etc. I used kojic acid and hydroquinone creams they are quick response but not effective.
Yesterday I had a fall from my bike. I'm having pain and swelling in my left wrist joint. WHat should i do?
मै लगातार पिछले 10 साल से शराब पी रहा हूँ .कभी कभी बीच में छोड़ा भी है 3 से 6 महीने तक परंतु अब में जब छोड़ने की कोशिश करता हूँ तो मुझे नींद नही आती 3 दिनों से जाग रहा हूँ सोने की कोशिश करता हूँ तो आंखे बंद रहती है पर दिमाग चलता रहता है सुब समझ में आता है कि आसपास क्या हो रहा है उठने की कोशिश करता हूँ पर उठ नही पाता और अचानक से नींद खुलती है मुझे पता रहता है कि में जो बी देख रहा हूँ सपने में वो सुच नही है और अपने आप को उठाने की कोशिश भी करता हूँ पर उठा नही पाता जब तक की कुछ गलत न हो जाये सपने में मेरे.समाज नही आ रहा कि क्या कैमिकल लोचा हो गया है। क्या ये किसिंप्रकार की बीमारी है या मेरा वहम और कैसे इससे निज़ात पाया जाये।
You want to know the Health benefits of Mint?
Well my guess is YES! - As you are now on this page.
Mint or pudina is an herb that is synonymous to freshness. Use it for seasoning your salad, adding it to your cup of tea or grind it finely to cook 'pudina ki chutney', mint can bring that extra zing and unique flavour to almost anything you cook.
Mint has been a mainstay of cooking for a long time. Like all herbs, mint is better if it's fresh rather than dried. If you're going to be juicing with mint, it will have to be fresh for you to get any juice out of it.
Humans have known about the health benefits of mint leaves for a long time. In the past, mint has been used to treat a variety of illnesses. It is especially effective in treating stomach and chest pains. During the Middle Ages, people used mint to whiten their teeth!
Health Benefits Of Mint Leaves
- Boost Digestion - One of the main mint health benefits is that it aids digestion and helps to remove stomach pains. Mint is a great appetizer and due to its soft aroma, it soothes the stomach. The aroma triggers the mouth to produce more saliva and more digestive enzymes. As you can imagine, this aids digestion tremendously.
- Strengthen Your Liver - When your liver is chugging along slowly, you're going to be feeling pretty dismal. A poorly functioning liver is an energy sap. Thankfully, one of the great mint nutritional benefits is that it is a powerful liver booster. The health benefits of beetroot are also fantastic for the liver.
- Cool Your Body - Mint is a cooling herb. Consuming mint causes your body to slightly lower its temperature. This is one reason that mint goes great in fruity, summery drinks.
- Relieve Asthma - Many people have found that consuming mint produces positive relief for asthma symptoms. Scientists believe that regular use of mint is super beneficial for asthma patients. However, don't go too crazy as too much mint may cause irritation.
- Take Care Of Your Teeth - Why do you think toothpaste is minty? It's because one of the health benefits of mint leaves is that they are good for dental hygiene. First, mint freshens up your breath. This is awesome, especially if you have just eaten a big plate of garlic. Mint also packs a load of germ defense. Mint inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth and cleans the teeth and tongue.
- Stop Farting - I know it's an embarrassing subject, but hey, we all do it from time to time. One of the interesting mint nutritional benefits is that it will help us stop farting. Since it eases digestion, the body makes less gas. The benefits of lemon juice are also great for this.
- Defeat Cancer - Like all edible plant food, mint is believed to have potent cancer-fighting powers. This health benefit of mint leaves is probably due to the variety of enzymes that mint contains. Pretty awesome, huh!
- Kick out Acne - Mint juice is great if you're juicing for acne. Why? It cleans the skin like it's a jewel. It's beats infection, soothes the skin and it works like magic when it comes to removing pimples. It's also powerful in reducing wrinkles. If you want to look younger for longer, rub mint juice into your skin once or twice a day.
There is no denying that mint tastes great. While not specifically one of the health benefits of mint leaves, whether you use it in food, juice, toothpaste or something else, mint is pleasant to the tastebuds.