Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Haresh Sidhwa Sanjay ClinicYour feedback matters!
A number of digestion related problems plague people from time to time. Diarrhea or loose motions remains one of the most debilitating problem in this regard, with other conditions like IBS or irritable bowel syndrome and colitis, Crohn’s Disease and others like pain, discomfort and related issues. If your daily schedule is hampered by constant trips to the bathroom and your eating habits show poor nutritional choices and a lack of appetite, then it may be time to do something about these digestive problems.
Let us acquaint ourselves with a few measures for treatment of the same.
- Triggers: One of the important and primary steps in the process of treating your digestive related problem is to learn how to recognise and identify the triggers so that you may avoid the same. There are many kinds of food that may not be suitable for some people. With the help of your doctor, you can go through a food or skin test that will help in exposing you to small amounts of various ingredients. The results will help in pointing towards the food allergy or triggers that you may be suffering from. Apart from food, there may be certain kinds of medication that may be causing side effects like loose motions and other digestive problems. Also, there are certain situations and stress giving factors that may be contributing to this condition. In such cases, it is best to maintain a food dairy or event diary so that you learn your triggers and avoid the same.
- Hydration: One of the most important ways of treating digestive problems is to drink plenty of fluids and to keep your body well hydrated. Besides routinely flushing out the toxins that cause the condition in the first place, plenty of water intake will also help in replenishing the lost fluid reserves as the body tends to get dehydrated swiftly when it is suffering from such conditions. One should also avoid contaminated sources of water and try to drink bottled and packaged water, especially while travelling.
- Hygiene: It is important to eat hygienically prepared food and wash your hands before and after meals so as to remove unhygienic triggers from the list that causes digestive disorders. Using alcohol free wipes in case you are suffering from loose motions and keeping a sanitiser handy at all times will also help in treating the condition.
- Medicines: The doctor may prescribe various kinds of medicines in order to fight the onset of such conditions as well for treatment of related symptoms like bloating and gas. This medication must always be kept handy so that the patient can have it as soon as the earliest symptoms arise.
Heat treatment or thermotherapy is an effective process of healing from a sports injury. Understanding the when and how to use heat treatment is essential since it can even prolong the process of healing.
The Process Of Healing-
There are three stages of healing. The first phase is called the inflammatory phase. The goal for this phase is to ensure that no further damage happens to the affected area. It is during this phase that the swelling and the buildup of fluid happens. Heat treatment is not applicable here since it increases the blood circulation and can lengthen the healing process. The second phase is called proliferation. This is the phase where the introduction of scarring and new tissue takes place. This is the post-injury phase and heat treatment greatly helps during this time. The third phase is known as remodelling. It is the time when the new tissue matures and settles down. Thermotherapy can be applied in this phase as well.
Injuries that are treatable through thermotherapy-
Heat treatments are extremely effective in injuries such as muscle spasms along with back strains. It can also be applied to joint injuries related to a thumb, turf toe, elbow, wrist sprains and sprained ankles. The reason why heat treatment is effective in joint injuries is because heating significantly heats the bone and improves the range of motion. The idea behind any heat treatment is to make the tissue more extensible by warming it up. Exercises related to a range of motion should be performed for 15-20 minutes post the heat treatment.
How heat treatment helps in treating sports injuries?
Heat treatment significantly increases the blood circulation and help to eradicate dead skin and other toxic bodies from the origin of the injury.
It assists in metabolism of the cells.
It increases the capillary permeability.
It increases the number of nutrients and oxygen to the source of injury and speeds up the process of healing.
Heat treatments can cut down muscle spasms.
Types of Heat Treatments Available:
For heating deep tissues, ultrasound is the best form of treatment. It can penetrate up to 1.5 inches inside the skin. Basic strain injuries such as hamstring and rotator cuff are instantly treatable with ultrasound. This being said it is one of the most expensive methods of heat treatment. Then there is superficial heat therapy. This is convenient and readily available. They directly transfer heat from the source to the injury location. Common examples of these are a hot tub, paraffin bath and hot bags. The third type of heating mechanism is known as dry hot packs. They produce a steady source of heat and are run by either microwave or electricity. Caution should be taken in order to ensure that the heat does not burn the upper layer of the skin.
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery.
Fear, anxiety and stress can often lead humans to either escape the situation or fight it by defending themselves. But there are other behaviours that humans turn to when they are under stress. This is not unnatural at all; we all face it at some point in time. What’s more, even dogs revert to the four Fs when under stress. Let us find out what are they and also how to deal with them.
- Fight: Fighting back is the natural reaction, which we turn to when we want to defend ourselves. Shouting at someone might give you some confidence for the time being. But again, it is not a permanent solution. We might end up apologising for our behaviour later but do nothing to address the situation that brought about that kind of behaviour.
- Flight: This is the escape mode that we turn to when we want to avoid a certain person or scenario, that might lead to stress. However, it must be remembered that, fleeing stress will help in fixing it temporarily. But since the situation remains unchanged, it will keep happening again and again.
- Freeze: For some people, the shock is so overwhelming that it becomes difficult for them to react at all. They simply freeze. The person goes into the panic mode and fails to move or say anything.
- Fool around: This option seems to be not a very bad idea in times of stress and anxiety depending on exactly what you mean by fooling around. If you can crack a joke at a tensed situation and lighten the mood, it helps immensely. However, if your idea of fooling around is to avoid talking about the situation and instead have fun, talk about other silly things, then it might not be a good idea.
Dealing with stress is not easy, but if you have realised the cause for your stress, your problem is half solved. If it is something you can change, then start working on it. If not, then it is best to let things happen in their own sweet way, while you change your attitude towards it. If you have realised what kind of behaviour your turn to when under stress, it is easier to face the situation. Listen to some of your favourite music, wear clothes that make you feel good and think about the situation and the possible solution later. Don’t let stress get to you, face situations, keep calm and be positive!
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory condition whereby, tiny abscesses and ulcers are formed on the inner lining of the large intestine, or on the colon or rectum. These ulcers may burst frequently resulting in diarrhea and bloody stools. This disease may also be responsible for causing anemia as well as harsh abdominal pain.
Ulcerative colitis normally alternate periodically from flaring up to receding quickly. These periods of remission can either last for weeks or maybe, even for years at a stretch. They are, however, not permanent and although the disease may seem to have disappeared completely, it can soon show up again in no time. Usually beginning in the rectum, it can, by and by, spread rapidly to other parts of the colon. If it is, however, limited only to the rectum, then it is more commonly referred to as ulcerative proctitis.
Surgery is generally obligatory and mandatory when it comes to treating ulcerative colitis. If surgery is not performed, you may suffer from long-lasting side effects, including cancer and colon rupture. Here are the different types of surgery that you may undergo:
- Colectomy: This is done when the entire colon needs to be removed and is usually performed to eliminate the perils of acquiring colon cancer.
- Proctocolectomy: This concerns the total removal of both colon and rectum and is usually the standard procedure when dealing with ulcerative colitis.
- Ileal Pouch Anal Anastomosis: If the treatment does not require a permanent stoma, and if you can still manage to let out stool from your anus, then this surgery, also called restorative proctocolectomy would be most appropriate.
Here, both colon and rectum are removed, but at the same time, the small intestine is utilized to form an internal reservoir, called a J-pouch, which is linked to the anus and can hereafter serve as your new rectum.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
Heel pain is a common problem in the body where the affected person experiences pain radiating from the heel bone. Heel pain usually progresses slowly over time, it is recommended to consult a medical professional, if heel pain turns severe. The pain tends to be most severe after one has been inactive for some time such as after waking up in the morning.
Heel pain is usually caused when tissues present in the bottom of the heel (Plantar fascia) is inflammed. These tissues connect the heel bone with the bones of the feet and acts as a shock absorber. Tears form in these tissues when they are damaged or when they get thicker. These tissues are at an increased risk of wear and tear for those who are over 45 years old. The risks also tend to increase if the person is obese or whose occupation requires standing for lengthy periods of time.
Among other causes of heel pain are heel bone fractures, fat pad atrophy (a condition where a layer of fat present under the heel bone is reduced) and bursitis (inflammation of the fluid filled sacs present around the joints). Peripheral neuropathy is a condition where damage occurs in the peripheral nerves (that transmits signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body), this can cause pain in the heel.
The symptoms of heel pain include:
- Experiencing pain while jogging or walking
- A feeling of pins pricking the heels after waking up in the morning
- Inability to put weight on the heel
- Painful swelling
- Pain in the heel accompanied by fever
Heel pain can be prevented by taking certain preventive measures such as restricting usage of high heeled shoes without proper support and stretching the heel regularly. Medications such as painkillers are used to treat symptoms of heel pain. Consult a doctor for accurate medicines !!
ये सच है की मौत बहाने से आती है और उन बहानों में सबसे आम बहाना होता है बीमारी। हम सभी को जीवन एक बार मिलता है, जिसे हम बेहतर और लम्बा बनाने के लिए हर मुमकिन कोशिश किया करते हैं पर जीवन और मौत के दरम्यान बीमारी की तलवार हमेशा लटकती रहती है। इसलिए हम हमेशा बिमारियों से रूबरू होकर उनसे बचने या जीत हासिल करने की फ़िराक में रहते हैं जिससे अपनी उम्र और स्थिति में इजाफा कर लेते हैं। लेकिन इस बात पर गौर करना होगा कि कुछ बीमारियों से जूझ कर भी हम जीने की उम्मीद नहीं खोते पर कुछ बीमारियाँ ऐसी भी हैं जो हमें मारें उसके पहले ही हम दिमागी तौर पर दिन ब दिन मरने लगते हैं। और आज हम जानेंगे ऐसी ही एक भयावह बीमारी एड्स के बारे में।
AIDS एक बेहद खतरनाक और जानलेवा बीमारी के रूप में जाना जाता है। यह बीमारी अगर किसी इंसान को हो जाये तो उसकी म्रत्यु निश्चित हो जाती है। केवल भारत को लिया जाए तो सालाना तकरीबन 80,000 से ज्यादा लोगो की म्रत्यु AIDS के वजह से होती है। इसलिए इससे बचना है तो यह जानना बेहद जरूरी हो जाता है कि एड्स क्या है और होता कैसे है ?
क्या है एड्स
एड्स यानि कि उपार्जित प्रतिरक्षा नाशक रोग समूह, जिसका अर्थ है कि एड्स मनुष्य जाति मेंस्वाभाविक रूप से शुरू नहीं हुआ बल्कि मनुष्य जाति के अपने ही कुछ कर्मों के कारण उपार्जित हुआ। यह एक संक्रामक रोग है जो कि एच.आई.वी. (ह्यूमनइम्यूनो डेफिशियेन्सी वायरस) नाम के विषाणु के संक्रमण की वजह से होता है। जब यह विषाणु शरीर में प्रवेश कर जाता है तो ब्लड में पहुंच कर वाइट ब्लड सेल्स मेंमिलकर उसके DNA में पहुंच जाता है जहां वह विभाजित होता है और रक्त के सफेद कणों पर आक्रमण करता है। धीरे-धीरे यह सफेद कणों की संख्या बहुत कम करदेता है। उसी कमी या समाप्ति के साथ शरीर की रोगों से लड़ने की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को समाप्त करता है।
यह विषाणुशरीर में प्रवेश करने के बाद समाप्त नहीं होता। और इसी स्थिति को एड्स कहा जाता है।
- शोधकर्ताओं के अनुसार AIDS दो वायरस के कारण होता है, HIV1 और HIV2।
- HIV1 वायरस दुनिया भर में सबसे ज्यादा पाया जाने वाला वायरस है और HIV2 वायरस ज्यादातर वेस्ट अफ्रीका में पाया जाता है।
- यह दोनों वायरस रेट्रोवायरस नामक प्रजाति के हैं जो अपना DNA इंसान के DNA से मिला देते है, और जिंदगी भर उस इंसान के DNA के साथ रहते हैं।
- वैज्ञानिकों का कहना है कि मानव शरीर मे पाया जाने वाला वायरस मनुष्यों में बंदरों की प्रजातियों से आया है क्योंकि बंदरों में पाए जाने वाले HIV वायरस और मानव शरीर मे पाए जाने वाले HIV वायरस में काफी समान्यताएँ है।
- 1930 से 1940 के बीच पहली बार इंसानों में यह वायरस मिला। जो माना जाता है कि बंदर का मास खाने वाले कुछ अफ्रीकी आदिवासियों में पाया गया था और पूरी दुनिया में फैल गया।
- भारत देश AIDS के मरीजों की संख्या के मामले में दुनिया का तीसरा सबसे बड़ा देश है।
यह जानना जरूरी है की HIV छूने से नहीं फैलता। यह केवल शरीर के अंदर मौजूद तरल पदार्थ जैसे थूक, खून, और सेक्स के द्वारा निकलने वाला सेमेन से फैलता है। क्योंकि HIV वायरस शरीर के बाहर जीवित नहीं रह सकता तो
HIV के संक्रमण के कारण
1. वजाइनल, ऐनल और ओरल सेक्स
एचआईवी/एड्स से ग्रसित व्यक्ति के साथ असुरक्षित सेक्स करने से इसके वायरस आपके शरीर मे आ जाते हैं। यह वायरस किसी के शरीर मे चुम्बन द्वारा भी आ सकता है पर इसकी संभावना कम होती है क्योंकि थूक में HIV का वायरस कमज़ोर होता है। और चुंबन करते समय कम से कम 1-2 लीटर थूक एक्सचेंज हो एक दूसरे का तभी संभव है ठुक द्वारा HIV/AIDS होना।
2. माँ द्वारा
यदि जन्म देते समय माँ में HIV वायरस मौजूद है तो वह वायरस बच्चे के अंदर आ सकता है। यदि जन्म देने के बाद किसी कारण से माँ के अंदर HIV का वायरस आ जाता है तो यह बच्चे में स्तनपान के द्वारा भी आ सकता है। सही समय पर सही कदम लेने से यह रोका जा सकता है। सही कदम नहीं उठाने के कारण तकरीबन 30% बच्चे जन्म से ही HIV/AIDS से संक्रमित होते हैं।
किसी HIV/AIDS के मरीज़ के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल की गई सुई को किसी दूसरे व्यक्ति के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल करने से HIV/AIDS फैल सकता है।
4. शल्य चिकित्सा शास्त्र
शल्य चिकित्सा शास्त्र यानी सर्गिकल इंस्ट्रूमेंट्स जो सर्जरी करने के लिए इस्तेमाल की जाती है अगर HIV AIDS के मरीज़ के शरीर पर इस्तेमाल की गई हो और उसे बिना अच्छे से साफ किये दूसरे के शरीर मे इस्तेमाल किया जाए तो HIV AIDS फैल सकता है।
5. संक्रमित रक्त
HIV/AIDS एड्स से ग्रसित व्यक्ति का खून बिना जाँच किए किसी को चढ़ा दिया जाए तो उससे भी HIV/AIDS हो सकता है।
6. म्यूकस मेम्ब्रेन
म्यूकस मेम्ब्रेन जो शरीर के आन्तरिक अंगों को घेरे रहती है और सभी कैविटीज की सबसे ऊपरी परत होती है यदि उसमें HIV/AIDS का संक्रमित रक्त लग जाता है तो उस व्यक्ति को HIV/AIDS हो सकता है। जैसे कि यदि किसी को चोट लगी हो और उस चोट पर किसी व्यक्ति का खून लग जाए जिसे HIV /AIDS हो तो उस खून में मौजूद HIV वायरस उस चोट लगे हुए हिस्से से दूसरे व्यक्ति के शरीर मे प्रवेश कर जाता है।
बताये गए कारणों से HIV /AIDS फैलता जरूर है पर जरूरी नहीं है कि इन वजहों से किसी का खून यकीनन संक्रमित ही हो जाए। यह इसपर भी निर्भर करता है कि HIV वायरस कितना मजबूत है। यदि कमज़ोर HIV वायरस किसी के शरीर मे किसी भी तरीके से चला जाए तो संभव है कि उस व्यक्ति को HIV/AIDS न हो।
बदकिस्मती से दुनिया मे HIV को लेके कई गलतफैमियाँ है इस कारण यह भी जानना जरूरी हो जाता है कि HIV AIDS किन कारणों से नही फैलता।
- कीड़े मकोड़ो के काटने से
- किसी HIV AIDS के मरीज के मूत्र और पसीने से
- शौचालय या स्विमिंग पूल कोन से करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज का टॉवल या कपड़ा इस्तेमाल करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज़ों को छूने से या साथ काम करने से
- HIV AIDS के मरीज के साथ एक थाली में खाने
- HIV AIDS के मरीज का किसी के सामने छींकने से या खाँसने से भी HIV AIDS नही फैलता।
Hi I want to know that I am having a problem that suddenly at any time I feel like sudden urge to pass stool and it happens about 3 to 4 times a day when I go to washroom little stool comes out with constipation I have to push very hard to pass stool and then after little stool has passed the stool stops coming how hard I try it feels like that my stomach has not fully emptied but stool stops coming. I feel like that it happens after I have eaten fish one week before but it's not confirmed .please suggest me any medicine. I am 17 years old.
I have alopecia areata. I am also under steroids treatment. But my hair becomes rough. Can I use 8X shampoo? Give me some suggestions.
My son is one year seven months old (1.7).He is very weak. On his first birthday his body weight was 9.2 kg. But now he weighs only 9.5 kg. Is there any tonic for his growth? What to do for his growth?
A Gastroenterologist is a physician with dedicated training and unique experience in the management of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. If you are planning to visit one, you most likely have a problem in one or many organs like esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver.
Visit your doctor to understand the severity of your condition and the course of treatment, as it is obvious that during this time you must be suffering from anxiety and you may not ask the questions arising in your mind. That is why you need to prepare in advance for your first visit with a gastroenterologist.
Being an active partner in the doctor patient relationship is bound to have its benefits. Here are some handy tips:
- Come mentally prepared: Don't let the anxiety get to you. If you need some extra help calming down, try yoga or meditation. You can simply go out on a walk alone to help you focus your thoughts. This is just like any other doctor visit. The good part is that you are taking the first step in easing your discomfort and starting treatment, so go with a positive mind.
- Maintain a diary of symptoms: It is likely that you are experiencing discomfort from past few days or weeks before you finally realize the need to seek out a specialist. Try to remember as much as possible about the symptoms you experienced in a chronological order. Write down any over the counter medicines you've tried or anything unusual that you may have consumed in the past week.
- Take stock of your medical history: It is likely that your doctor may want to know about any historic conditions you've suffered that may or may not relate to your present condition. Many ask you to fill out forms during your first time patient registration which includes many minor details about your medical past. List down any allergies, especially food allergies you have.
- Take stock of your recent medical tests: Bring your latest blood tests and imaging tests (X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and CT scans) with you for the doctor's visit. If you have a pre-existing condition like diabetes, thyroid or you suffer from other chronic conditions like increased uric acid, carry your most recent medical reports with you.
- Make a list of questions for the doctor: In most cases, the first visit is a crucial factor in determining whether you want to continue the course of treatment with a particular doctor. This comes out of your ability to trust the doctor, his knowledge and diagnosis and an overall comfort level that comes with how well he handles your questions. Start by making a list of questions you want to ask about your specific condition and course of treatment and see if you get satisfactory answers.
- Brace yourself: If you want to suggest a treatment option, make sure you read up all about it before you tell the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I am a employee of armed forces. My problem is that after rest for 2/3 hours sitting or sleeping when I tried to walk the lower surface of my ankle feel acute pain for 15/20 steps .after that I felt normal .suggest me for permanent remedy.
I have white air in much quantity what should the diet and advice for me to reduce white air in maximum amount.
Is egg yolk bad for people going to gym? I have come across many of them telling me not to eat the yellow yolk. Please what is your recommendation. Is it true that I should not take?
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
The menstrual cycle is a natural part of a woman’s life. Most of the times, it has been seen that women have periods that have a standard or perfect timing. However, some women may have extremely unpredictable or irregular periods. There are numerous reasons that can cause these irregular periods. In such cases, there are some that are more serious than the others.
At the point when a woman stops getting her period, it is called amenorrhea. It is a strong sign that something is not right. Primary amenorrhea is the point at which a teenager never got her period in the first place during adolescence. Secondary amenorrhea on the other hand, is when a woman has had her period in the past, yet stops getting her monthly period for at least three months.
Irregular periods, missed periods, or exceptionally painful and serious PMS (post menstrual syndrome) symptoms are an indication that the levels of one or more hormones are either missing or are too high. Whether it is a basic health condition, constant stress levels, a bad eating routine, an excess of exercise or less body weight, frequently missed periods is not something that should be ignored, especially when you are sure that you are not pregnant.
- In case your irregular periods are consistent, you need to be assessed for PCOS. PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome influences up to 10 percent of the women who are in their conceiving age. Apart from causing infertility, PCOS can expand the danger of diabetes and many heart diseases.
- You need to likewise be screened for thyroid problems and other diseases and conditions that might be connected to irregular periods. For example, an overactive or an underactive thyroid can aggravate ovulation, which may cause a lot of hormone imbalance in your body.
- An irregular cycle can also make it more difficult to get pregnant naturally, particularly in case you are not ovulating each month. Your specialist can run tests to check whether you are ovulating. Women with sporadic periods who are attempting to have a child are at times prescribed fertility medications to improve ovulation.
- Women with irregular menstrual cycles may have a double danger of ovarian cancer as compared to the women who have standard month-to-month period cycles.
- Untimely ovarian failure (otherwise called untimely menopause) is the point at which a woman’s ovaries quit working before she turns 40, making her stop ovulating.
- Irregular periods can result in a thick coating of the uterus, which can be a hazard for creating uterine cancer.
- Irregular periods that are very heavy can result in issues like a low blood count, weakness or anemia.
Hence, if you feel your periods might not be regular and are causing you a lot of problems along with being untimely, you need to consult a gynaecologist immediately.
A panic attack is a sudden fit of anxiety or fear. In this situation, a person’s heart starts pounding and they are unable to breathe. Sometimes, they may even feel like throwing up or even dying. It may even make a person withdraw from their daily routine and reach a point of hopelessness. If left untreated, these panic attacks can lead to a panic disorder. These attacks can have more physical symptoms including shaking, nausea, dry mouth, sweating or dizziness.
There are certain medications and treatments to cure this disorder. These include antidepressants and benzodiazepines, which are anti-anxiety medications. Taking them brings rapid relief, however; these are highly addictive and can have certain withdrawal symptoms. To avoid medications, there are certain self-help tips to cope with the problem. These include:
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and caffeine. These are substances that can provoke your panic attacks.
- Learn how to control your breathing while you are experiencing an attack. Deep breathing can relieve the symptoms that come with this disorder. This can help you calm down.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as yoga and meditation. These strengthen the body’s ability to respond to situations that can cause anxiety. Not only do they release stress but they also increase the feelings of joy and happiness.
- Try to exercise regularly. It is a natural anxiety reliever. Therefore, one should exercise in any form, for at least thirty minutes a day.
- You should try to get as much sleep as possible. Insufficient amounts of sleep can make the anxiety even worse. Dancing, swimming or cycling can be highly effective.
- Try not to stay alone. Anxiety levels and the chances of a panic attack are high when you are alone. If you feel that you do not have anyone to go to or turn to, try to explore ways to meet and build supportive relationships.
- Go to a therapist or a psychologist to vent out your feelings and anxieties. This can help you by giving you a cathartic release and get over your pent up emotions.
If someone is suffering from a panic disorder, make sure that you do not let it go unnoticed because people who suffer from this condition usually like to keep it to themselves. This smothers them even further and leaves them at a great risk and vulnerability. Those who have this condition should try to seek medical or psychological help in order to feel better.
Panic disorders are very dangerous and unpredictable. These can mess with your work and performance. In order to avoid that, keep noticing the signs and symptoms and reach for the correct type of medical or clinical attention. Ignoring such a condition can hamper your future and lead to a lot of other allied health problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Numerous clinical researches have been conducted in the field of acupuncture and they have found that acupressure is extremely effective in treating some diseases. It is very good for treating the diseases of muscles, joints and bones which are collectively known by the name of the musculo-skeletal system. Regardless of whether you are suffering from a chronic pain or a pain arising from a sudden injury, acupressure can immensely help in alleviating the symptoms.
- Treatment of osteoarthritis: This is the most common variant of arthritis and can be caused as a result of continuous tearing down of the system. It normally occurs in older people and can also affect the lower back along the spine, hips, knees, shoulders and elbows. The pain caused due to arthritis normally fluctuates and acupressure can help in relieving it.
- A quick relief to sprains: Sprains or sudden injuries normally respond well to acupressure. This kind of pain usually lasts for a week or so, and acupuncture can work effectively once a clear health evaluation has been made. For instance, if you are exposed to a sudden injury on your shoulders, the pain arising out of it can last for months and even years together. But acupressure can prevent the pain from turning chronic and offers an instant relief to soothe it.
- Helping the rheumatic pains: A great deal of experiments and research works have been conducted for finding the effects of acupuncture for calming the pain arising from rheumatism. If you are on the acute, early and inflammatory stage of rheumatism, then you will need a treatment so that the ailment traverses to its residual stage which can be substantially treated through acupressure. It also helps in treating various types of chronic pains and as a result, many experts suggest this treatment.
- Different types of headaches: Headaches can be caused due to a number of factors ranging from migraines to dental problems, from sinusitis to stress and from neck arthritis to head injuries. Migraine deserves a special mention here as it is triggered by a variety of factors like light, heat, noise and some kinds of foods. It leads to a throbbing pain that is often accompanied by vomiting and nausea, visual flashes and patterns before the eyes. Acupressure is a viable solution to these issues and it can help to a great degree if you take acupressure treatment on a regular basis.
All of these troubles can be treated with acupressure, but it is recommended to speak with a doctor before you opt for the treatment in order to evaluate your clinical history and physical condition.