Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G BhargavaYour feedback matters!
My wife feeds baby but at night time she is shortage of milk as compered in a day so pls let me know what is the solution.
Hi, In our family there is just born child and Dr. dignosised G6PD deficiency. After reports - G6PDH Absorbance is 1852 - RBC 5.98 - G6PDH Assay Result 62.252 Kindly let me know about it and it's consequences. Or if is it a mild deficiency then please do let me know. Thanks.
Why do babies spit up?
Babies spit up when they've eaten too much or when they've swallowed too much air while feeding. Spitting up usually happens when babies burp. It can also happen when your baby is drooling. Spitting up is not vomiting. Babies usually don't notice when they spit up. Vomiting is forceful and painful. Spitting up is common for most babies until about the time they can eat solid foods (usually around 6 months to 1 year of age).
The medical term for "spitting up" is gastroesophageal reflux, or reflux. It happens when milk or solid food in the stomach comes back up into your baby's esophagus (the esophagus is the tube that joins the mouth and the stomach).
What can I do to help my baby?
Feed your baby by placing him or her in an upright position. If you bottle-feed you baby, burp him or her every 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure the hole in the nipple on the bottle is not too large, or milk will come out too fast. Avoid laying your baby down following a feeding or moving him or her around too much before the food settles in the stomach.
Some babies spit up less if their formula is thickened with rice cereal. Ask your doctor if you can add 2 to 3 teaspoons of rice cereal to each ounce of formula. You might have to use a nipple with a larger hole so the thicker formula will come out easily.
Some babies also spit up less if they are given less milk at each feeding, but are fed more often.
Will reflux cause problems for my baby?
Spitting up is messy, but it is normal during your baby's early months. It rarely involves choking, coughing or pain.
However, you should contact your doctor if you notice your baby has the following symptoms:
Is not gaining weight.
Spits up a large amount of milk (more than 1 or 2 tablespoons)
Spits up or vomits forcefully
Has fewer wet diapers than normal
Seems very tired or lethargic
Spits up green or brown liquid
Should I CONSULT A doctor
If your baby experiences any of the symptoms listed above, you should CONSULT ONLINE PRIVATELY IN THIS SITE/drsajeev/lybrate
First, your doctor will make sure your baby is healthy and growing well. Your doctor will also check to see if your baby has breathing problems. If your doctor thinks your baby is fine, nothing else needs to be done. Your doctor will probably want to see your baby regularly./REMAIN IN CONSTANT TOUCH,ONLINE OR PERSONALLY
If your baby's reflux is causing excessive problems, your doctor may prescribe medicine to help treat it. This medicine is the same one used for heartburn in adults. If your baby continues to not gain weight or develops other problems, your doctor might do some additional tests.
My 6 month baby refuses milk. Now we starts solid food to her. Morning we will give 2 milk bikes biscuits and afternoon we will give nestum to her.in between time we will give formula milk. She doesn't drink full amount of milk put some milk .is it reduce her weight? Then per day how many biscuits to give 6 month baby? Is 2 number enough? please tell me.
My daughter was 7 months 2 weeks old. Her weight was 5.5 kgs ,she was thin n unable to stand her activity was gud, she was active I was worrying about it I was feeding rice n cerelac to my baby can you please tell me any problem with my baby's health n tips for my baby gaining weight.
I am really facing problems to control my sons behavior. He is 2.8 yrs old and generally quite intelligent but he listens to only what he wants otherwise he will ignore anything told to him. He has started hitting other kids and us too. If we do not do what he wants then he either hits us or starts shouting. Worst is when he does that in public or hit other kids in the playareas. Plus he has always had a habit of eating sand, which subsided for sometime but now again he started with it. Now he eats n comes to show me that he has had sand. Initially I told him not to eat but when my efforts went in vain I started ignoring but that too didn't work, now I even tell him that you will insect in your stomach, but nothing is working. He has a very rebellious nature. If nothing then he will throw sand on other kids. Pls tell me what to do?
Yesterday I came to know my 7 month old baby is suffering from asthma.in that case please help me what precautions shud I take for him. Shud I give him oil massage and bath.in food any precaution shud I take. He is still on breast feeding too.
My 2 year old male baby do not eat anything, within last 3 months weight loss 3 kg. If we force to eat he eat but hen he just take out. I had consulted many doctors, and the blood report shows white blood cell count to be 13000 and hemoglobin is 8.9%. All other things like typhoid are normal. Any consultation what could I do about it to make my son eat and become healthy.
My 7 n half months old son does not like to have foods breast milk is not enough for him now, he remains hungry but it takes a lot of effort s to feed him daal, cerelac specially cow milk he hates. He looks weak only 7 kg. please suggest what should I give him to gain weight. I am worried kindly help me.
My daughter 3 months old and she is suffering from lice in hair. Please suggest the best brand hair oil to prevent from lice?
Sir meri sister ko 3 year we daure aate hai. Ye mahine mai subah 5-6 baje me bich mai aate hai. Jo ki 5-10 minute ka hota hai ye sote hua hi aate hai. Vo bilkul kuch samay me liye sab kuch bul jaati hai.
Hi, My nephew is 2 years old. He had born at 8 months (premature) due to blood pressure problem of mother. At the age of 9 months old (means after 9 months he born) he suffered benisn infantile seizure. Doctor prescribed him drop called TRIOPTAL for six month duration. Now he is 2 years old by 25 Sep 2016. NOW WHEN HE FELL DOWN AND GOT HURT TO HIS MOUTH AND HEAD HE CRY A LOT AND GOES FOR (FREEZE) FOR SOME OF 2-3 sec. Is that sign of SEIZURE OR UNCONSCIOUS. He did it 3 times from last 20 days. Pls help me m very tense.
My child is 2 years 8 month. His weight 15 kg. My son is not tell about toilet, hungry and any other thing. He does not speak. I'm worried.
My son is going to become 1 years old on 17oct. I gave him apple grinded in mixie, he was doing potty like apple which I gave him. So I stopped it. That time he was having motion problem for 4 months in his test report, shigella skin has been isolated. Now he is alright. Can I give him cooked apple now.
My baby is just 20 days old. While he born the weight is 2.8 kg. Now he gained nearly 400g. Tis is good or I have to reduce my feeding?
My son 18 months old not taking adequate food kindly advice me starting some health drinks like pediasure.
One of my friends is blessed with a baby and she has been advised to take vibact DS along with other medicines post c-section. By mistake she is been taking 3 capsules of vibact DS instead of one suggested at night. The kid is urinating a lot but she is all okay. What can she do to reverse the action of excess dosage?
My son is 18 months old. He got scissors 2 days before. Got admitted and tested and said occurred due to infection in wbc. He does not have any fever. Hez very active. And also abnormal in eeg. Gave medicine encorate syrup and levipil syrup. My doubt is should he use this medicine life long. And are there any side effects. And does it effect in his regular life style like games physical activity. What is the care to be taken. Please suggest im much worried.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.