Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G Bhargava
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G BhargavaYour feedback matters!
My baby boy 3.5 month old weight 5.5 kg is not feeding properly doc give me neosmile drops what's is this is it safe. I am so worried my first daughter is also underweight age 4 years weight 14.5.
My 6 years daughter has UTI even after she is taking septran from last 4 months. Why this is happening? Her all tests are normal like MCU. Having scar in left kidney because last time infection. Please suggest what to do?
I am giving daily idli, apple juice, cerelac, rice with moong dal, pomegranate juice, moosambi juice, potato, and then in night rice with dal, and last cerelac, to my lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. He is very thin. How to become fat? He cries while eating, also he is crying I never mind and I hold him tightly in my hands and I give food by spoon. When I give apple grinded, he does potty like the apple. List the foods to be given him daily to become fat and healthy.
I have a baby boy having a problem. Mean he fall in trouble when goes for latrine. He is 3 years old and it takes him lot of time to do potty. Please suggest what to do ?
My son is 7.5 years old weight approx 20 to 23 KG. He gets tired when he do any physical work like e.g. Running, stair climbing. He mostly says there is pain in his legs.
If you are finding certain symptoms like stomach pain, cramping, frequent diarrhoea, weight loss of your child or fever, then there are chances that he is suffering from Crohn's disease. Crohn's disease is a bowel disease that causes swelling and inflammation along the digestive tract of your child. Mostly, it affects the end of the small intestine, but it can occur anywhere from the mouth to the anus.
Causes behind the disease: It is not common in children, but if your child is showing symptoms, then one of the following may be the reason:
- Immunity system of the child,
- Genetics, and
The main cause behind such a disease can be any of the above. However, it has been found that if you have someone suffering from this disease in the family, then your child has more chances of getting affected by it.
Diagnosing Crohn's disease: If you find the above-mentioned symptoms in your child, then it is better to take him or her to a doctor. Mostly, this disease is chronic in nature, meaning that it will continue even if it is treated. However, with proper treatment the symptoms can be reduced.
- Different lab tests that include a blood test for blood count and white blood cell count, and stool test to look for the bacteria that cause the inflammation and urine.
- X-Ray for detecting whether your child is suffering from Crohn's disease and what is the exact position of it in the digestive tract.
- If further required, they may do an endoscopy to find out the exact location and get more details.
Complications arising out of Crohn's disease: If your child is suffering from this disease and is left without treatment for long, he or she may suffer from the following complications.
- When the disease thickens, it may obstruct the intestinal walls by swelling of the intestine. Thus, the space from where the digestive matter passes becomes less and may lead to bowel obstruction.
- Fissures may develop at the mucus membrane of the anus.
- Fistulas or ulcers can occur as they tunnel through the affeced area to the nearby tissues. All these are painful for your child to bear.
- Your child cannot absorb the nutrients of the food like any other child and hence there are chances that they suffer from nutritional deficiencies.
With such problems that may not seem very huge in the beginning, your child may lose his appetite and forget about normal living.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!