Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DudhaniYour feedback matters!
Male pattern baldness and other kinds of baldness can turn out to be a pesky affair that also eventually might have a bearing on your confidence level. A hair transplant is an excellent way of dealing with this issue. This method usually takes the hair follicles from the donor site and implants them on the scalp where male pattern balding has set in. While this is an effective and commonly used process, it also comes with minor scars and other issues.
There are many things, which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things.
- Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant, which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
- Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
- Physical activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So, it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
- Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp in general must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
- Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.
There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.
Related Tip: "Is Hair Transplant Surgery A Lasting Option?"
I am male 33 years old. I am having hair loss from the center part of my head. What can I do to stop the hair loss and may be grow hair back?
I am 23. I have undergone hair transplant but did not got good results. Still I have very fine hair and my scalp visible. The density is very poor. I had undergone for 4000 hair grafts using fue (method without stiching and all). I want full dense hair. Can anyone suggest me what to do?
As the years pass, they tend to take a toll on your body as well as your skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of wear is your face. There are many ways you can manage to stop that wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the usage of chemical peels.
How chemical peels work: Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with other chemicals. It works by dissolving away the dead cells and the topmost layer of the skin on your face. This procedure results in a new layer to be revealed, which is newer, tighter and thus younger looking. Some of the basic acids used in chemical peels are:
- Salicylic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Lactic acid
- trichloroacetic acid (in the case of specialized peels administered by dermatologists)
The popularity of chemical peels: Among non-surgical methods chemicals peel is the most popular method of not just looking younger but of also giving the skin a good tone and tightness. It clears dead cells making you look brighter in general. Peels can be found in many forms, including the ones you would buy over the counter from a shop to very specialized ones only applied by a dermatologist. Let's look at some of them.
Standard chemical peels found at spas and beauty treatment centers - The peels are generally soft to medium in intensity. The intensity, however, can vary in the type of treatment you choose. The quality will also depend on the price as expensive options tend to get you the best peels. These will be very good to straighten slight wrinkles and scarring on your skin.
Chemical peels used by dermatologists and plastic surgeons - Although these can vary in strength as well, certain peels are only found with registered practitioners as these are considered deep peels and have drastic effect than the ones normally found in the market or in a spa. These, however, can be applied by specialists and can make you look significantly younger.
Peels you would buy over the counter for home use - These peels aren't specialist tools like the ones you would get at a spa or at the dermatologists' and are much lighter in composition. They won't make you look significantly younger, but if you do them regularly, then it will help you keep a younger and fresher looking skin between specialist treatments.