Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Divya Chowdhry
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Divya ChowdhryYour feedback matters!
I am having moles on my face have tried all sorts of creams as well as household things please suggest some tips.
Warts refer to a type of a deformity in the skin, which refers to the formation of a small, hard, benign growth on the surface of the skin. It is generally caused by a viral infection and results in a feeling of discomfort or pain.
What causes the formation of warts? Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family. This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the other. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts? Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- Avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection.
- Grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care.
- Picking and scratching on warts should be avoided.
- Moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it.
- Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or any antiseptic lotion.
- Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe OPD procedure which takes a few minutes only and does not leave any scars.