Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh Kr SingalYour feedback matters!
I have gastric problem and constipation regularly, so please suggest some medicine and few tips for gastric, acidity, co. 1 DOCTOR ANSWERED.
I have pain in my chest since 6 months surrounding the nipples. My heartbeats are fast, I can feel these without putting the hand on chest. All the tests such as ECG, ECO, TMT 7 are done and the reports are normal. I also gone To physician, He said that I am very healthy, Just you have a acidity. No one is believed on me that I have pain in my chest. Please help me to cure this problem.
Make a powdered mixture of equal parts of rock candy (mishri), fennel, and green cardamom. Whenever you experience heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of the mixture in a glass of cold milk and drink.
Mix together equal parts of powdered fennel, licorice root, basil leaves, and coriander seeds. Have ½ teaspoon of this mixture with ½ teaspoon of powdered rock candy (mishri) 15 minutes before lunch and dinner.
Hi, I am 26 year old. I have been working out in gym from a few years (not very regular though). Earlier whenever I ate less for a few days, I would start feeling uneasy in the anal region and sometime little blood in stools. After noticing this, I used to start exercising regularly again and the problem used to go away. But now I am having the same problem but exercising is not helping anymore. Few drops of blood, pain during bowel movements are there. I can also notice a very small lump at the outer part of the anal region. Need advice and help.
I am a 24 year old male and have been diagnosed with GERD and I would like to know if there is any way to get this disease cured. I have also been taking prescribed medicines such as omeprazole and ranitidine since the last one week but they are not of much affect as the throat pain comes back frequently please let me know what I could do in this situation.
Every morning while passing stool my anus burns. It happens only in the morning rest whole day no pain or burning. If there are fissures or piles they must at every passing but in my case burning is only in the morning.
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.