Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhiraj Bhasin
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dhiraj BhasinYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old student getting frustrated for small things. Is there any medicines are there for reducing this quickly.
My wife is 50 years old. What she thinks every time we are unable to know? Her attitude is tense all the time. What should do?
I have very weak memory. I have been into depression. What nutrition or supplement should I take to improve my memory.
Hello sir my name Jerry sir how to increase our mind power and IQ power sir when I reading any book in long time but I can't remember any bird after a minute.
I am 21 years old boy, have stammering/stuttering problem actually my 2 upper teeth are outwards don't know this problem is due to this reason or not. My voice is not clear to understood its raucous or harsh voice, especially when pronouncing words like three, tree etc. Many people are not able to understood what I am speaking sometimes I have to speak with very slow speed to make people understand. Its been a big problem now. How to overcome this problem?
Why my my mind asking a question to me that is" why am I here for and how can I be forever over here".Please do help
I am 25 years old working in bank as clerk and have been suffering from negative thinking and imagination (always thinking about something)
Hi, Bachpan se mere mom dad mujh par bhut shk (doubt) krte h Mujhe ghar se bahar nahi Jane dete kahi nahi Jane dete ab mai kafi frustrated ho gaya hu. Please suggest.
Recently most of us were shaken by the death of the well-known television actress, Pratyusha Banerjee. Her sudden death has brought to light the very common yet under-addressed problem - Depression - that a number of youths are living with.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should, most people still live with a number of symptoms of depression without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression. There is often a delay in opting for the treatment because of the social taboo associated with depression.
Although cases of depression can vary from an individual to the other, there are signs that one can look out for, to identify a depressed person:
- Low mood most of the time of day along with frequent crying spells
- Feeling of unworthiness and low self-respect are very common in a depressed person. Due to these feelings, the affected person may become very critical and disapproving about himself or herself.
- Lack of enjoyment and loss of interest in a depressed person makes them no longer derive pleasure from things that once gave him or her happiness.
- Exhaustion and insomnia are signs that one should look out for in a depressed individual. These are usually due to changes in sleep patterns, from sleeping a lot because of feelings of constant fatigue or due to instances of wakefulness.
- From indulging in comfort eating to losing the will to eat, predominantly loss of appetite characterizes a depressed person.
- Difficulty in recalling details and tendency to over generalize as also problem-solving issues can point to the presence of depression
- Unexplained bodily pains and aches are another characteristics of the condition.
What are the different types of depression?
Regarding the different forms of this mental health issue, it comes in several forms along with their distinct symptoms, effects, and causes. These are:
- Major depression
- Recurrent depressive disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Bipolar disorder
How can it affect your life?
More than 90% people who commit suicide suffer from some form of psychiatric illness and depression is the most common reason. The despair that usually accompanies depression makes the thought of taking one's life as the only means available to escape the pain. In addition to suicidal thoughts, it can also affect one's functioning in day to day life if help is not sought in time.
Depression is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!