Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Devavrat Arya
Submit a review for Dr. Devavrat AryaYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old female. I feel like lumpiness in right breast. and its painful too. Menstrual cycle for this month is over. Is this a matter of concern??
A bone cancer (osteosarcoma )4stg can be curable through treatments? Is it a life threatening disease ?which Is the best oncology hospital for the treatment of this disease? My sister 14yo diagnosed with these disease. Help us guys.
Why warts can't turn in to cancer. Children and adults all well get warts .which is caused by human papilloma virus. This doesn't turn in to cancer. why Only some hpv turns in to cancer.
Hello, I recently had a fiberodenamo surgery done. What changes should I make in my lifestyle to lead a better and healthier life?
My mom has been suspected with gallbladder cancer, there seems to be 4 swollen lymph nodes in it. The liver touch wood hasn't been affected yet. But her ca 19.9 is high 870. What does it mean?
My Mother is 45 years old. She has Breast Cancer. Now she is under Chemotherapy. What will do to prevent from it in future.
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of the semen. During the climax stage of sex, the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland enlargement is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even in the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 males over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other types of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
- The patient urinates more often
- The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
- He may find it hard to start urinating
- He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
- There may be blood in the urine Urination might be painful
- Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
- Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
- Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
- The proximal part of the femur can be painful
- Leg weakness
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
- Diet and weight – The most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise – Have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
- Be precautious – If you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
- Red foods – Research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
- Stop smoking – If you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!