Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti SinhaYour feedback matters!
While coughing an abnormal sound produces from throat. CT scan, x ray, allergy tests, ultrasound etc done. Checked for Pleural effusion, But nothing is seen and not going as well as not worsening. Four years old now. The problem is since his birth. No pain is also there. Swallowing liquids seems to be difficult. This seems barking sound. In CT Scan there is a slight permanent enlargement. Nothing else. Cough is not chronic. What should I do?
Which Food items I shouldn't take while having sore throat? Also which Food items helps in healing the same quickly.
Respected Sir or mam I have a problem I am snoring too much when I sleep please suggest me. Thanks and regards Rakesh Chakravorty.
I have drum sound in left ear when environment is peace. This problem is always in winter from 2 years. Also soft pain in left ear and feel as close the left ear as cold but no flow. I have often headache. Previous year, I had contact with ENT. They cleaned the ear and give the drop and medicine for 15 days but no any relief. In this season on night time listen the drum sound more.
Nose bleeding happens because of presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose and the reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, low levels of Vitamin K, colds and allergies and nose membrane getting dry along with so many other reasons. But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
1. Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
2. Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop bleeding then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose is necessary because bleeding can stop if direct pressure is put on nose for a longer time.
3. Apply ice: Applying ice can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually compresses and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and nose. Alternatively, you can keep the ice in your mouth also for short intervals.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures :
1. Elevate the nose while resting. Take 2-3 pillows while sleeping.
2. Do not blow or scratch your nose forcefully.
3. Keep your blood pressure in control because it will help in preventing nose-bleeding to a great extent.
4. Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
5. Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on humidity of your room.
6. Need to take special care in winters because the nose membrane gets dry mostly in winters.
7. Drink plenty of water and citrus food to keep your nose moist and avoid milk, wheat and fried food.
8. Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I am suffering from cold throughout the year. Blocked nose. I am not able to take breath easily. So kindly tell me how to get rid of it. Its urgent. thanks.
Hai this is vinoth I feel that I had tonsil and went for an check up but they said its strepthroat so your lymph get swell so kindly prescribe me some suggestion.
I am unable to hear proper doctor told me to do my ear operation. But what guarantee I will be cure?
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants