Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti SinhaYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am 21 years old. I have a bend on nose from childhood but it was not a problem for me. But 2 month ago I lost my smell ability and can't breathe please reply whatsapp 9744370733. Is this permanently blocked or can be rid.
My wife suffers from VERTIGO for last several years. Initially The suffering was only once in year during early summer. This year no suffering in summer but was in june she was advised by doctor to take. VERTIN 16 mg for a month twice a day and then 8 mg twice. There was no suffering but when 8 mg were started she was feeling uneasy and had vertigo problem as earlier. She is also taking OSTEOSOLVE and LOSANORM H 25 mg. The vertigo problem is mostly only in morning while waking up. Her left year also pains on backside while she feels giddiness. She has also pains in through out legs. All other things are normal. Please guide us.
I am suffering from cold and fever. Fever is normal not too high. Soar throat. Which medicine should I take and for how many days?
From two days, one of her ears got blocked and cannot hear from that ear! What will be the cause for that? If it is do to ear glue, what medicine she should take?
I have deviated nasal septum (Dns) So doctor has suggested me 3 surgeries. What should be the combined cost of these 3 surgeries? 1.Septplasty 2.Radiofrequency nasal Turbinate reduction 3.Balloon dilatation of Sinuses And is it necessary to do all the 3 surgeries? And do I need to stay for 3 days in the hospital for these surgeries? Is it possible that in a day I can go home?
Can Mastoid Infection treated via medicine? I meet some doctor for my ear problem they say there mastoid infection but one doctor consult me for operation but another doctor say no need for operation just prevent it from water .now what I should do? Currently my ear is dry from 2 months with no major pain just itching. If there any medicine to cure it then please tell.
I am 64 yes old I am suffering from bppv (left) I got the first attack in last august 2014. I underwent treatment at cmc vellore, fortis bangalore, but it didnt got repeated after that. What can I do in future. No medicine is prescribed, however vertin 16 mg is suggested for emergency situations. They suggested me to do ent related exercise daily. Pl your suggestions.
I am not able to sleep fro 3 days and have cough. I am suffering from sinus and yesterday I saw pale yellow mucus while sneezing. Please help.
Hi Doctor, I am 25 years male. I am suffering from nose allergy. Can possible complete treatment of allergy by medicine. If yes than, which is the best, Ayurveda, or homeopathy or any other? I am very upset. Please suggest me.
I am 19 years old. I have ear discharge from my childhood. I had used english medicines as well as homeopathy for it but no change. So doctor what I have to do in order to get relief from from ear discharge.
I caught a cold, sore throat and fever from past 4 days. What would be the best medicine, do I need to take antibiotic as well? Is that OK if I drink green tea, fresh juice and soft rice or oatmeal? Kindly advice, thank you.
I have breathing problem when I birth in or out while I feel my nose has block so please advice me what should I do.
I am having problem of tonsils. Due to which I am having fever. Please guide me what should I do, which medicine I should take.
Breathing is inhalation and exhalation, where oxygen is inhaled into and carbon dioxide is released from the body. Air passes through the nose, which has fine hair and mucus to filter out suspended particles in the air like pollen. When the person’s immunity is weakened or is highly reactive, the mucosa reacts to many substances which are generally present. This is known as allergic rhinitis.
Types: Depending on the occurrence, it can be:
- Seasonal: For instance, in spring when there is too much pollen in the air; known as hay fever. This is an acute rhinitis and subsides with a change in weather.
- Chronic: This is when the body reacts to some normal substances like eggs, animal dander, extreme cold, dust, mites, etc. via an allergic reaction.
Causes of allergic rhinitis as per Ayurveda
- Mandagni – low digestion strength
- Kapha vruddhi – increase of Kapha dosha
- Allergens – external factors such as pollen, dust etc
- Residing with pet animals
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Virudh aahara – wrong food combinations
- Long term intake of drugs like aspirin, leading to depleted immunity and making the person prone to dust allergies.
- Runny nose for prolonged periods of time
- Chronic congestion
- Persistent sneezing
- Teary eyes
- Fever and headache
Ayurveda believes that this is due to excessive kapha dosha. So, in order to manage allergic rhinitis, two approaches should be taken. Foods which increase kapha should be avoided, and elimination of kapha from the body should be targeted.
Non-medical ways to combat allergic rhinitis:
Prevention has a big role to play in managing allergic rhinitis.
- Whether it is animal dander, eggs, tomatoes, or extreme cold, if you know it could cause an attack, stay away from it.
- Chew foods properly to ensure through absorption of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for immunity
- Boil water with a spoonful of turmeric and a pinch of salt and drink it regularly
- Basil and mint leaves can be boiled in water and consumed for improving allergic rhinitis
- Clove and pepper can be chewed to get immediate relief
- A mixture of crushed clove and pepper mixed with turmeric and honey works wonders for allergic rhinitis
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are more likely to be chemical-free, are cheaper, fresher, and definitely more nutritious.
- Carrots eaten with a bit of fat produce the best defense against allergic rhinitis, as the beta-carotene in it is fat soluble.
- Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and dairy products, contain a number of vitamins and minerals which help in fighting allergic rhinitis
- Ayurvedic remedies like shilajit and guduchi boost immunity function
- Neem, Ashwagandha, liquorice, cinnamon, tulsi, and curcumin are proven remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Panchakarma specifically aimed at rhinitis include Nasya, Dhoomapana (medicated smoking) and emesis (vaman ). This helps in eliminating kapha which is believed to cause allergic rhinitis.
Though allergic rhinitis is a very common condition, the treatment is also easy and many home remedies help in managing the condition.
- Always keep cloves and black peppers with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in mouth when you feel of attack.
- At the pre attack or attack rub Nilgiri oil , Mint oil, or pain balm on chest and get fomentation.
- Keep watch on the elements that causes irritation for you and stay away from this.
- Use mask while driving vehicle or going through public places.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Do not expose to hot sunrays.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for morning walk in warm weather.
- Do sufficient exercise.
- Do not reside in dark or dump places. Get fresh air.
- Do not get sleep at day time or immediate after dinner.
- Take sufficient rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.