Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Kapoor
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KapoorYour feedback matters!
My fiance is dark brown in colour, and he has pigments on his face as well as he has pimples, please suggest to get his skin clear and good colour.
I have lots off pigmentation on my face due to reaction of hydroquinone kindly suggest any cream or remedies.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation-
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have 1. 5 year doughtier. she she was very dark in colour.Now she is almost fair. Still skin has uneven tontone. Day by day she is getting fair. Me and my husband both are fair. My question is wether there is lack of any vitamin or anything. Due to this she born dark. Should I give any supplementary vitamins to recover fast. Or its matter of over pigmentation?
Hi I am suffering from oily face. When ever I exposed to sunlight my face colour immediately turns to black. I need remedy in the from of tablets to decrease melanin content. And also suggest me for dark circles problem.
My skin tone is getting dark on my hands nose and back neck since I started working out under sun. How can I get my skin tone white in color.
Healthy, glowing skin is what they call 'neighbour's envy, owner's pride'. Stop being jealous janet and get off your chair because you need to do a little homework to get that glowing skin. Some women look like they have inherited the glow without a day's work but in reality, good skin is a result of constant care and solutions that suit them right. Here are some fail proof techniques that women with great skin follow.
1. They cleanse it right: Cleansing the skin is almost done like a ritual. It has its set of rules which differ from skin to skin. As a base rule, women with good complexion do it at least twice a day - once in the morning and once before bed. It helps clear the oil, dirt, impurities and make up that clogs the pores and lets the skin breath. Use lukewarm water and a creamy cleanser. Let the cleanser sit on your skin for a minute while you gently rub it in before you wash off. This is one step women with good skin simply don't miss.
2. They remember their ctm: You know what the c stands for, now you need to follow it with a toning and moisturizing ritual to keep your skin soft and supple. Learn to differentiate between night and day moisturizers. You day moisturizer needs to contribute to your spf protection while your night moisturizer should be hydrating.
3. They use a good night cream: Night time is when your skin gets to relax and rejuvenate. Help this process by adding a good night cream to your daily ritual. A retinoid cream, for example, is a vitamin a derivative rich in collagen which helps in skin repair. They can also help reduce the occurrence of fine lines and pimples.
4. They work on their blemishes: Some have puffy eyes, others have dark circles or sun spots and may be even a couple of wrinkles here and there. But all these flaws can be steadily worked upon on a daily basis to reduce the skin problems and prevent appearance of new ones.
5. They follow the antioxidant mantra: Foods rich in omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries, green leafy veggies, and green tea help reduce the effects of aging to add a youthful glow to the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!