Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepak Kapoor
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KapoorYour feedback matters!
Im 17 male and I have some dark spots on my face I do not know wht to do I am using salic face washwhat should I do do you think?
My skin is too oily and pimples also have on my skin. I want to remove it and also want health clean skin please suggest me.
Heartburn or acid reflex is a burning sensation that is felt in the throat or chest region after the intake of certain foods. While many of us must have felt heartburn once in our lifetime, too many occurrences such as this could be a fair indication of esophageal cancer.
How an acidburn is related to esophagus?
Esophagus is the tube which carries food from the throat to the stomach. In the case of an acid reflux, the acid from the stomach jumps to the esophagus leading to a condition known as the Barrett’s esophagus. This is a condition which replaces the tissue present in the esophagus with a similar kind of tissue found in the lining of the intestine. This being said, Barrett’s esophagus doesn’t necessarily lead to esophageal cancer.
Key symptoms of Esophageal Cancer
Difficulty swallowing is a key symptom of esophageal cancer. This condition is known as dysphasia. As the tumor grows bigger, it becomes more difficult to swallow food. Esophageal pain is also a common symptom reported by many patients. Loss in appetite and an unexplained weight loss are some of the other symptoms of this type of cancer. Although esophageal cancer does not show any visible signs in the early stage, some of the key indicators are chronic couch, indigestion and hoarseness of voice.
Key risk factors:
Some of the key risk factors for this type of cancer are as follows:
- Men tend to run a higher risk of getting this cancer than women.
- Esophageal cancer are often detected in people above the age of 55 or more
- Chronic tobacco users have higher chances of getting esophageal cancer
- Consumption of alcohol increases the risk of esophageal cancer
- Obesity increases the risk of acid flux thereby, leading to esophageal cancer
- Radiation treatment in the abdomen or chest area might also lead to esophageal cancer
How an esophageal cancer is detected?
Primarily there are 3 ways by which this cancer is detected. The first step for an oncologist to detect this cancer is to perform an endoscopy. If this fails, doctors often try a barium swallow on suspected patients and take an X-ray to understand the esophagus lining. If all this fails, doctors rely on a CT scan to detect this cancer.
How is esophageal cancer treated?
If a patient is lucky and the cancer gets detected in a very early stage, the tumor along with the infected cell can be surgically removed. Apart from surgery, some other alternatives are radiation and chemotherapy. A combination of radiation and chemotherapy or a surgery followed by radiation can also be suggested by the doctor. The treatment plan depends on the stage of detection.
What should be the diet for a glowing and healthy skin and what should be the diet for no acidity. Please help me.
Hello Sir/mam I hv scar on my nose and left side of face due to an accident from bike. Please suggest how to get rid off them. Which scar cream should I use to lighten them.
The months of July and August comprise of the monsoon season. As per Ayurveda, this is the ideal opportunity for Pitta and Vata aggravation. All the warmth that gathers in the body in the summer is aggravated during the monsoon season. There are various skin diseases predominant in the rainy season. A basic learning of Ayurveda can help us anticipate and even treat difficult skin issues. According to Ayurveda, the skin has six layers, found externally as well as stretching out to the more profound levels of the body. A skin disease is established profoundly into different tissues, such as fat, muscles, blood and so forth.
Most skin treatments are for the outer part. These never reach to the more profound layers of the skin. Ayurveda dependably tries to find the disease by treating it, particularly as indicated by its cause. The disease being deep seated, it is hard to alter the issue rapidly. Ayurvedic skin treatments may take a couple of weeks to remove the indications. The cure is permanent. Here is a list of skin diseases, which can be effectively cured using Ayurvedic remedies.
- Pruritus: Pruritus is characterized as a sensation that incites the yearning to scratch. It is present in both the central and peripheral neural components. Nerve endings in the area of the dermo-epidermal junction transmit the sensation of itch by means of moderate conveying C filaments, and it is likely tweaked midway. Pruritus (Itch) is a typical displaying side effect of both essential skin diseases and basic restorative issue. Ayurveda can effectively treat pruritus.
- Papulosquamous eruptions: This is an eruptive scaly rash, now and again connected with itching. The primary driver might be Eczema, Psoriasis, Pityriasis Rosea, Lichen Planus, Drug Eruption. This is a very common skin disease which can be managed by Ayurveda.
- Erythroderma: This skin disease results in scaling of the majority of the body surface. Erythroderma patients might be systemically unwell accompanied by shivering because of loss of temperature and pyrexia. The pulse rate might get enhanced, and the blood pressure may become low because of volume consumption.
- Photosensitivity: Sunlight is responsible for causing numerous skin diseases. Photosensitization is less while exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and visible light. At the point when a rash is identified with daylight, then the parts influenced have a tendency to be light, uncovered destinations the face, especially the nose and the cheeks yet barring the eyelids.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory disease of the skin, characterized by erythematous plaques with expansive scales.
Ayurveda is a very effective branch of medicine and can be used to effectively treat skin disease