Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupressurists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak BarmanYour feedback matters!
Pain in left shoulder for last 20 days. Pain is specially intense when I try to lift the left hand towards sky side. Pl. Suggest.
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
Suffering from hairfall and dandruff. please suggest nettr medicine to stop hairfall and to grow hair faster.
I want to make my hair straight by permanent hair straightening I have dandruff and hairfall too is straightening gud for my hair if not suggest better way for me.
I am 27 years old girl and I am facing so much pain in bottom portion of shoulders (shoulders blade) since four yr. Earlier the pain was very minor but now it became chronic and causing very pain. The pain is like pinning needle and sometimes its like current and in its peak stage goes towards neck also. It interferes in my daily routine works such writing work, sitting and standing for long time, tilting neck backward and downward, holding bags or some packets in hands. Please give me your valuable suggestions to cure this problem.
I have severe pain in my left shoulder amd lower back. I have have used many ointments and medicines, but nothing worked. Pls help.
My mother is constantly suffering pain in her left leg. The pain started when we weng to our relative house and there were steps so whenso ever she used to take stair her sole of only one that is left foot started to pain and now the pain is has been spread throughout her left leg.
How to Take Care of Your Hair?
Long hair is an all time cherished dream of girls and women. I have been seeing patients of hair loss and they would always recall their good days when they used to have good lengthy hair. They would invariably lament about the loss of long hair they were having in teenage and before marriage. This is the type of concern women have for their hair. Having lusty, shining, long hair is a sign of beauty and feminine grace. Some precautions have to be taken for all types of hair, which are briefed in following heading but long hair need utmost care so that they are not lost easily.
- No brushing should be done immediately after washing.
- Winding the hair, encasing them in rubber bands and then fixing clips or hooks should be done lightly and never too tightly.
- Winding the hair into tight plaits and then wearing chignon (coil of hair worn at the back of head) pulls the hair form scalp. I have seen many patients, especially girls, having this habit that ultimately ends in bald spots in head.
- Similar is the case with the girls who bind their back hairs in ponytails or buns. One should not confine to one style and go on changing the style so that the hair do not experience a direct pull in this fashion everyday and get pulled.
- Regarding types of curlers, rollers, combs, brushes, etc., these topics are discussed here below under different types of hair. Those rules are applicable for long hair,
- If you do not apply little amount of oil over the hair regularly, you will loose the hair and their shine.
- The best is to adopt the homeopathic method, ‘like cures like’ Apply little oil to the greasy scalp. Since the scalp itself is producing more of oil, the presence of oil on the scalp would stop production of oil from within. The imbalance will thus be overruled.
- If you are washing the hair twice in a week (women), make it thrice a week. Apply some oil, massage it into scalp and leave it for at least one hour on your scalp before washing it with shampoo. Men should do it five times a week.
- If you are using harsh, highly scented and strong hair-care products like soaps, shampoos and oils, leave them.
- Improve your diet to make it nutritional.
- Take half a bottle of distilled water and add some lemon juice in it. Now rinse your hair with this mixture to remove oiliness of hair.
- It is always in your own interest that you should consult a beauty parlor when you do not find relief after testing the mentioned methods. No relief means that you need help of a conditioner to remove/rectify oiliness.
- Use of heat-styling appliances; dryers for drying the hair after washing and over-exposure to the sun should be avoided.
- Take nutritional food.
- Do not adopt rigorous cleaning methods or routine. Use a good hair oil to massage the hair. If the dryness is more, the hair become brittle. Do not massage the scalp vigorously.
- Steaming the hair once a fortnight also helps in dry hairs. Massaging and steaming as a follow-up gives good result.
- Do not wash the hair frequently with shampoo.
- Do not comb or brush strongly.
WAVY HAIR (Hairs Having Waves):-
- Wavy hairs are not curly but have waves as you find in the sea or sand dunes.
- Those who have wavy hair, they should wash their hair with a shampoo that has shine enhancing gradients.
- After washing, dry the hair in natural ways and separate the hair with comb that has wide-teeth so that there is no entanglement and pulling while combing the hair.
- Wavy hair needs good conditioners and more care than straight hair.
- Straight hair lies flat on the scalp.
- Since such hair lie flat, they gather more dust. Naturally these straight hair are mostly dense and hence they need deep cleaning shampoo.
- Such hair needs at least three washing a week.
- They are more prone to develop dandruff.
- Oiling and massaging the scalp is essential and it should be one night before washing schedule.
- Curly hair get dry very soon.
- For washing curly hair, a shampoo with good moisture-gradient is necessary.
- To bring a shine to curly hair, dry them with towel and expose to sun or natural air. In curly hairs, fingers reach easily up to the scalp. Use your fingers to disentangle them and then use wide toothed comb or brush to keep them at place.
Use Homoeopathy for any type of hair problem.
Sir my husband have headache, fever,only legs paining, and cough cold. Eyes become reddish. Fever sometimes coming and sometimes going.
What should be the done to make your silky and shiny. My hair is rough and doesnt shine. And what should be the diet to reduce hair fall.
Exposure to pollutants and UV radiation has made hair loss and premature balding much more common today than it was earlier. The good news is that this is not a condition that one needs to live with and one that can be easily treated with hair transplant procedures. This procedure involves harvesting hair follicles from one part of the scalp and transplanting them to bald or thinning spots. There are two types of hair transplant procedures; follicular unit extraction and follicular unit transplant. Here are a few precautions to be kept in mind when undergoing a hair transplant surgery
- Keep your head elevated: Transplanting hair follicles involve making tiny incisions in the scalp into which the hair follicles are inserted. This can cause swelling and inflammation. In order to relieve this swelling and not aggravate it further, the head should be kept elevated at all times. While sleeping, use two or more pillows to prop your head up or sleep in a reclining chair.
- Avoid sweating: Avoid going out in the sun or any sort of strenuous activity that causes sweating. This is because sweating can increase the risk of infections considerably. For this reason, patients must also avoid saunas and steam baths for a few weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol and spicy food: Alcohol affects blood circulation and hence can slow down the healing process of a hair transplant surgery. For this reason, alcohol should be avoided for at least a month after surgery. Spicy food can also interfere with the healing process and hence should be avoided as well. It can also cause the scalp to sweat and thereby increase the risk of infection.
- Do not touch your scalp: The scalp may feel itchy or sore after a hair transplant procedure. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation. However, touching your scalp or picking the area will only worsen the condition. It can also affect the regrowth of new hair follicles in the harvest area. Instead use a spray prescribed by your doctor to stimulate hair growth.
- Ice packs: Ice packs can be used to relieve swelling and inflammation after a hair transplant. However, this ice pack should not be placed on the grafted area. Instead, place it on your forehead or on the back of your head.
Hair follicles can take up to 6 months to regrow. During this time, if you experience any severe bleeding, pain or infection, you must consult a doctor immediately.
Hair is one of the most noticeable aspects of a human being, whether you are a man or a woman. However, the increasing use of chemicals and other ingredients in hair care products tends to cause more damage to hair than benefits. Ayurveda offers great solutions for healthy hair without the side effects associated with chemical related products.
Some Ayurvedic tips to keep hair healthy:
Shampoo itself is a derivative of the word champoo, which is an indian concept of soothing or gently massaging the scalp before washing it off. Let's look at some of the ayurvedic tips which may help you get better hair and shine and keep it healthy throughout.
A. Special Ayurvedic oils for massaging on scalp: The best options are usually sesame, brahmi and the most commonly available coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp regularly at least twice a week and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning.
B. Make sure diet is corrected: Ensure that the food you eat is a part of a balanced diet and it is preferable to avoid junk food altogether. Stay away from carbonated sweetened beverages as well as smoking and drinking. Some of the spices and vegetables that will be helpful in restoring hair health would be:
- Cooking in olive oil or ghee instead of cheap vegetable oils is also beneficial
C. Taking care of digestive or bowel issues: If you suffer from digestive or bowel related issues, then it would be wise to correct that first by the use of laxatives or other medications.
D. Taking care of pitta issues: The pitta, if aggravated, can cause hair fall. There are many techniques in ayurveda which can be used to balance it.
E. Usage of certain herbs in controlled amounts: Usage of the following herbs in controlled amounts can be very good for the health of your hair.
- Aloe vera - aloe vera is the new wonder drug, which is effective in treating many ailments and it is very good for skin and hair as well, whether consumed as food or applied to the hair as an extract.
- Bhringraj - paste made of bhringraj applied to the hair before washing can be very good for the health of the hair.
- Methi - another spice which can be grounded made into a paste and then applied to hair and is known to produce great results.
- Amla - amla is very good while being eaten as it contains vitamin c and fortifies hair health from the inside. Amla paste or extract massaged on hair is also very good for its health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.