Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D K SinghYour feedback matters!
Me din me 2 bar brush krta hu fir me mere teeth yellow hote jaa rahe me na supari na tobaco ye sab kuch b nhi khata.
Brush and floss daily
See your dentist every six months
Respected sir/madam, when I brush and rinse the mouth a drop of blood come out. It happens only in the morning. No any injury. Please suggest why it happens and what to do?
I feel pain while expanding my mouth upward. This is not a pain in teeth. The pain is in the joint of the left side. What should I do?
I am 45 years old. I have severe tooth ache since the past one month. But there is no decay. Kindly advise.
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments.
I have white patches around the corners of my mouth at the angles what is it and what can I do for it?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.
My teeth gets in yellowish color and there are some black spots on some teeths. Please let me know the cure.
I AM A 44 YEAR OLD MALE. I have some sores in the lining of the mouth in the upper jaw which are painful. The sore is behind the upper jaw molars at the back of upper jaw hence is not visible. I experience pain when moving the jaws. Pl suggest remedy.
-ignorance is biggest culprit for dental diseases.
Visit your dentist twice in a year.
-brush your teeth twice a day.
-rinse your mouth twice after every meal/drink.
-take advice twice before going to extensive treatment.
How can I change my yellow teeth into white teeth. I have tried many pastes. But I can't change it. Can you help me.
Soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices should be consumed in a limited quantity because they are acidic in nature. Acidic food or drinks often soften the tooth material which leads to the dissolution of minerals into the tooth enamel, resulting in cavities (holes).