Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. D.K.SethiYour feedback matters!
He is having a pain in his heart sometimes do not know why? He smokes as well so he wants to he is having this pain due to smoking or anything else?
My husband have high BP problem. His age is 31 year. And weight is 94 kg .he is taking medicine seloken xl 50 but still BP is 140/90 some time 150. What should we do for this.
My grand mother have seffering for low blood pressure. Last 7 days I have monitoring her b. P rate are 100/64, 95/70, 110/74. Previously she was prescribed'olmetor am' for high blood pressure. Now she stopped takeing of that. What to do now?
Hiii doctor. I'm nadeem shaikh not feeling well. No I want to known to decrease cholesterol level. Let me known ASAP.
Hi doctor, I am male and age 38, I have 38 inch of waist ans 85 kg o weight. I did a health check up recently My SGOT level is 48 and SGPT level is 72. And I have LDL cholesterol at 142 level. Please let me know what needs to be done o.
I'm 16years old. Sometimes I've pain in my heart for 5min. Nd it hurts a lot. But after 5min everything is alright. Wat is the reason? Is it serious? Wat should I do?
I am 31 years old, my problem is cronic decenty this related I realised my brain is no fuction and also heart. What should I do?
Is there a permanent method for lowering cholesterol levels. Should I continue medication for the rest of my life or for a specific period thanks for the help.
My father is approx 42 years old. He has problem of high blood pressure. Suggest me some ways so that he may keep his bp normal. I shall be thankful to you for this act sir. Thanks.
She is suffering from hypothyroidism 10 years taking eltroxin100mc. She has no problem takes losarH 25, but her bp remains 110/90. Why systolic is OK but diastolic remains high? Is she progressing towards chf or any cardiac problem? Please answer in detail. Thanking u.
I want to know various side effects of Prolomet AM 50 tablet I am taking for BP since last six years, and how to avoid those effects. Thanks and Regards.
I am having a heart and stomach burn, especially when I am waking up. And after 3 PM its burning the stomach. Some times after waking up I spat the small amounts of blood. And I am having slight burn sensation in my chest all the time. And I am not feeling hungry every time.
I am 23 old and I have a strange feeling in my heart and not controlled. I always thought I hurt someone but I didn't. Why should I do?
My wife last period was begin 3rd on this month. So which date will be of ovulation time. So we can intercourse for baby. Actually we are trying couples of months but still no result. One more thing I want to ask you actually I have high blood pressure so I am taking telma am tablet since two years so is there any problem for be a father in future pls suggest.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.