Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. C P Khandelwal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. C P KhandelwalYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, I suffered from headache and also I feel some pain in my eye since last week also I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 14 years old, I will get white sperm when I make my pennis skin up and down. Is it normal that 14 years boy can produce white sperm?
Hey, my mother has cataract problem from past few months, doctor suggested her surgery for this and after surgery a lens, so how much these surgery and lenses costs individually? And how much its effective?
Sir, I am wearing glasses, but I want to get my eyesight without any laser treatment is it possible?
While using smart phone eyes are getting some pain even within few minutes. What to do to control burning of eyes.
My son is using glass when he was in 5th standard he had far and short sight but he is comfortable with his glass at the same time his left retina had hole in both corner he had cylindrical as well as spherical eye I want to do I'll surgery is it advisable his age is 24 years.
In Ayurveda this disease is called timira or linga nasha. Aggravated vata is considered to be responsible for the manifestation of this disease. One of the properties of vata is to make things dry up. When the lens of the eye loses its transparency, vision becomes blocked. This condition is known as a cataract.
If treated at an early stage, Ayurvedic treatment is very effective in cataract. During Ayurvedic treatment the aim is to alleviate the aggravated body energies and nourishing and strengthen the nerves and tissues of the eye.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- To correct aggravated vata, ghee is highly recommended in cataract, especially, maha triphala ghee. Maha triphala ghee provides nourishment and strengthens the nerves and other tissues of the eye ball. For a person suffering from cataract, it is of utmost importance that he remains free from constipation. Therefore, triphala is good in constipation as well as beneficial for eyesight.
- Cow’s ghee, milk, butter, rice, wheat, moong dal, banana, methi, spinach, grapes, pomegranates, apples and oranges are recommended.
- Cataract sufferers should avoid pungent, bitter, sour and saline food.
- They should avoid excessive heat and exposure to sun.
- Avoid excess worry, anxiety and anger because it aggravates vata and pitta doshas.