Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharat ChopraYour feedback matters!
My son is 2.5 years old, still he is unable to speak. He can understand what we are saying, sometimes he is not at all listening to us. He is speaking something in his own language always when he is playing. Please help me.
I am 33 year old man married, I have a lot of tension even small matter enough for me to disturb myself and think on it always. Even sometime I lose my sleeping. My heart beat would be high. Please help me.
I am 24 years old. I have migraine headache, I am using ciplar-40mg tablets on daily basis, but still I am suffering with headache with frequency of 2 days. Due to this problem I am getting angry on others. Kindly give some suggestion for my problem.
I am addicted to Alprozalam since many years the dosage went like this 2.5 .5 1mg. Now I am going to UK what is the remedy and alternate medicine to stop this. Now I have started taking half tab,
I am suffering from stress. Because recently my girlfriend got married with some one. I am not able to control myself. So tell me some tips.
My question is wife aged 33 years is a Ms. patient since 1999/2000 there are no repeat attacks Ms. but in the Feb 2014 she had an epilepsy attack and it has occurred 5 times until now with no regular intervals, now problem with her is she is having cramps in the head which some times starts from legs too Also her memory is very weak cannot remember/recall easily.
Sir, I am a teenager. I am irritating with backpain (At the end of spinal cord). But I have a bad habit. I masturbates daily. Is it the cause of my backpain. I am very tensed. Will it affect my future.Please tell.
I'm become mad on my friend. My friend is a girl. She will be always talking with other friends in phone. She told she like me. But she is not spending time with me. But I to spend my time with her. I am not getting satisfaction in our relationship. So I became very depressed. I'm in doubt whether she told truth or not. Please. Help me to overcome the depression.
My age 38 years married working not have any history in family. If you found positive for Ana and DNA test then what are the risk factors and how to cure the same?
How to quit smoking? guidance to quit smoking as I do smoke 15-20 cig. A day please prescribe any supplements medicine without any side effects or dietary is required.
I am feeling dehydration after every cigarette I smoke I there any serious issue or what? Please suggest.
He loves me but I feel we have differences in thoughts and should not get married. What should we do about it?
I am 18 year old student. I am studying in class 12th. I have poor memory. So suggests diet and exercise to keep my brain sharp.
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.