Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Babita SinghYour feedback matters!
Have been diagnosed of prostatomegaly (32gm. Also UTI since five days and a Nerve pinch. A small concretion on mid lobe of right Kidney. After ct scan 8 days ago. Lot of pain in groin area and back. Dr. Please help.
I have lots of pain in my period time Sometime I'm suffering from fever. And I have a tumor in my breast (lymph nodes category 2 according to my mammography report) Size of tumor is 3 c. M. What should I do?
Levofloxin. Ofloxian, ciprofloxion this medicen salt are same. And it also work same for uti and prostate infection?
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Good morning Mam, I had lost my mother, and my dad would like to marry a Lady (2nd mom) whose husband where affected & died by blood cancer ,would my 2nd mom had affect by same blood cancer?
I am 28 weeks pregnant nd I have noticed that sweeping in one side of areola on left breast. I have visited my GYN she said that its Montgomery tuberculosis, it itches and sometimes have burning sensation and some times it pains. But I have google it and it shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out now. And that swelling reduced a bit when I compressed steam on it. But it pains on some parts on my breast and three is no lumps but I am freaking out now. I don't know what to do. Can it be possible to diagnosed breast cancer during pregnancy? Can you pls tell me that is this symptoms of breast cancer? Or is it normal in pregnancy?
Hello sir, My mom has cancer and biopsy report said that "H & E satined section show a malignant round cell tumor it is composed of sheets of round cells with round, hyperchromatic nuclei and scanty cytoplasm. Focal tumor necrosis is seen. Tumor giant cells are also seen. No epithelial or lymphoid differentiation is seen. And CT scan said that "|||-defined lesion in vulval region adjacent to urethra with single enhancing enlarged lymph node in right superficial inguinal region p/o primary mass with metastatic node likely. Please provide your valuable suggestion. Is it curable? And what kind of treatment my mom needs? And best treatment facility in india. Many Thanks.
Is there any chance to cause breast cancer if we use endosis medicine. And if close relative suffering breast cancer.
Causes and symptoms of enlarged prostate
The problem of an enlarged prostate or benign prostate hyperplasia is a very common occurrence as you grow older. It's known to strike men above the age of 50, with more than 50% of men after the age of 60, having this complaint.
Causes of enlarged prostate
A non-cancerous condition, enlarged prostate makes the passing of urine from the bladder through the urethra difficult. The multiplication of the prostate cells causes an enlargement of the gland, leading to a buildup of pressure on the urethra, affecting the discharge of urine from the body. The narrowing of the urethra, due to this benign condition, forces the bladder to contract more vigorously so as to push urine out of the body.
As time passes, the muscles of the bladder get significantly affected, causing them to become extremely sensitive, thicker and stronger. As a consequence, the bladder begins to contract, even if the amount of urine in the organ is negligible, causing episodes of frequent urination. Gradually, the bladder fails to completely empty itself of urine due to the constriction of the urethra. This can give rise to a number of health problems including the formation of bladder stones, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine and so on.
How can you identify the signs of the condition?
Signs of enlarged prostate are very easy to identify and include:
- A slow or weak urine flow
- Difficulty in initiating urination
- Instances of frequent urination
- A feeling of not completely emptying one's bladder
- Frequent urination during the night
- Exerting a lot to urinate
- Instances of dribbling
- Urgency to pass urine
- A feeling of urinating again minutes after doing so
- Urination that starts and stops
Sir I'd a buccal carcinoma operation in feb 2015. I was advised for radiotherapy by my oncologist but after going through the biopsy report the radiology doctor said it is not required if I insist then only he will give radiation. So I didn't go for radiotherapy. But now for last few months I find a lots of white fungus like things in the reconstructed cheek which I used to clean every day and very next day I found the same in plenty. Please suggest what should I do. I can't attach the snap.
Sir ek breast se kam breastfeeding hona ya bilkul bhi na hona kya breast cancer ka risk badati hai aur kya breast injury ki bajay se breastfeeding kam ho jaati hai meri wife ko left breast me 2 month pahle injury ho gayi thi aur blood discharge bhi hua tha but ab jab bo left breast ko apne hath se thoda tej dabati to right breast ki tulna me kam milk nikalta hai sir mujhe bahut chinta hai ki kahi future me unke left breast ki injury carcinoma me na badal jay jabki vo 5 month ki pregnant hai aur ye unki first pregnancy hai meri shadi 5 june 2015 ko hue thi immediately advice de.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.