Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Babita SinghYour feedback matters!
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer. It is a cancer which begins in the lining of the uterus. The uterus is the part of a woman's body where the fetus develops. Uterine cancer is one of those rare cancers in India, which can be diagnosed in its early stages. This is because excessive vaginal bleeding occurs, thus making it a very serious and an apparent symptom. It is also one of the few forms of cancer which can be cured as removing the uterus is often more than enough to cure the patient of uterine cancer.
Here are the causes, diagnosis and treatment of uterine cancer:
The exact cause of uterine cancer is not yet known, however, there is a theory on what causes uterine cancer. Hormones in a woman's body have been thought to increase the chances of getting uterine cancer. This is because it has long been thought that having high levels of estrogen is the cause of uterine cancer. Increased estrogen thickens the endometrium and thus, increases the likelihood of uterine cancer.
There are several tests used to diagnose whether you have uterine cancer including:
1. Pelvic exam: This is an examination in which the vagina, bladder, rectum and uterus are scanned for lumps. If they are found, it might be due to uterine cancer.
2. Pap test: A pap test is a special test designed to scan for uterine cancer.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound: A transvaginal ultrasound uses high-intensity sound waves so that pictures of the uterus can be taken.
4. Biopsy: During a biopsy, the doctor will remove tissue from the endometrium and it will then be analyzed for cancerous growths.
1. Surgery: This is the most common treatment as it removes the entire uterus and prevents the spreading of the cancer.
2. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves giving drugs which kill cancerous cells. They are given through either an intravenous line or even in pill form.
3. Hormone therapy: This is a therapy in which either progesterone levels are increased or estrogen levels are decreased.
4. Radiation therapy: In this treatment, high energy laser beams are used to destroy cancerous cells.
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.
I am 21 years old girl. I have A cyst in my right breast and I consulted a doctor when I was felt the pain .that was 2 years back .and the scanning report is that:-shows mild fibroadenosis more on right side .there is a small cyst 1.1*0.6 cm at 1 0' clock position of right mammary gland. No abnormal calcification. But now I feel that the cyst is multiplying. I felt that another one is coming on that same breast. Is that any serious one?
I am suffering from prostatitis infection. I take 3 months of ofloxion 400 mg. 1 month levofloxion. 2 months of doxycycline. 1 month of clotrimazole. And 3 months of linezolid 500 mg. suddenly one night me legs is dead. Next day I go to doctor but he not know what happen to me.
Question is for breast cancer stage 3 and grade 3 Why is cancer patient survival rate is measured in relative of 5 years. If the patient is diagnoses with cancer and he go for the treatment like chemotherapy surgery and radiation and he successfully cured the cancer then why he can not survive for 10 years, is it is because of sideeffect of medicines chemo surgery radiation etc.
I have limps in my both the breast. Non cancerous lumps. I've consulted cancer specialist. And have been operated once. This is the second time. And is going through homeopathic treatment which is not helping me out. Any other way which you can suggest I shall treat them? And why are these lumps happening? The reasons? Can you suggest somethings else den operating please?
I had a tumour in right breast which was Benign I got it operated 6-7 years back. Then again after 3 years of operation I again got the similar thing in my left breast. I got it checked it was Benign as well. I recently have been diagnosed with pcod. Initially the time didn't pain except before periods but lately it has been since 2-3 weeks n the breast size has also increased. Even walking briskly or bending leads to pain. Do I need to chk with the medicine given by my gynecologists or is it an indication of something else?
My grandmother died of colon cancer. My question is whether it was familial? my mom was second child to her. First child was a boy.
Dear Doctor, my mother aged 72 years has a problem in her chest. Lab report says " Echogenic breast tissue and small cyst with internal echoes in nipple region "what is this? Please explain me in simple term & what is the ideal treatment for this?
Hi Doctor, How to protect our selves from getting cancer. What should be the step to protect from" CANCER" & what should be the Diet? What are the symptoms of early cancer and how can it be detected at the early stage? What are the reasons for getting cancer & is the Symptoms?
He was suffered and cured prostate gland in 2013 through surgery and till that time to now he was OK but three months ago he had a problem of extra urine or we can say frequently urine problem I, e 15 times in a night. We have consult urologist and also have done so many tests but problem is as it is. He only feel relieve during medicines. Now the major problem arises now a days is insomnia and huge swelling on face and all. Doctors told to consult no one. What should we do? We don't understand please give advice us.
What is the symptoms of cancer and how it can be prevented easily by chemotherapy also is there any other easier treatment available to treat cancer?
My mother is a breast cancer patient. Her chemotherapy is going on. She has certain fever now. What should I do? Comment fast please.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"