Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. B.P.Singh
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Mr. B.P.SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old, female.I have been suffering from stammering since childhood and normally with my family and other people I speak normally and hardly stutter but in public places when I am in situation such as in interviews, presentation etc I am hardly able to speak and sometimes the situation gets worse as I make faces while speaking and my stomach also squeezes. So recently I was thinking to join a public speaking and personality development programme but I am confused as will it help me to improve my stutter and overcome my fear or else I should see a speech therapist?
I have stammering problem for which I feel uncomfortable sometimes. Can you suggest me a good therapy?
I am balaji 20 years old I suffering from stammering problem from I was an age of 11 upto now I have not take any kind of solution for this so please give me advice for this problem I want free from stammering.
Nowadays I am very dull, I am not getting interest to speak with anyone, not interested to go to office, not getting interest at anything, feeling comfortable if I sleep alone. Earlier I was not like this. All are telling that I am changed, even I am feeling the same, what is the cause, situation,and solution for this.
Hi, I want to ask that is there any pills or drugs treatment for stammering. My brother try many suggestion but he has no change in stammering. Please suggest some. Thanks.
My Age is 25 from Bangalore. I usually gets stammer/ stuttering frequently currently I'm working right now so it's very difficult for me to speak. Can any one suggest a treatment or methodology to reduce. If possible you can give me your appointment so that I can come.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.