Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B. B. AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My son is 1 year old now he is crawling from 8 month but yet not creeping and sitting. Is this matter of worry. Please suggest. Regards.
What a mother should expect about baby's hair growth.?
Every baby is special in his own way. Some are bald beauties and some have heaps of hair. Hair density mostly depends upon the genetic makeup of the baby. In the initial six months of life, babies hair tend to fall. Some may become totally bald and may not show any growth for some time.This is completely normal. Most babies show new hair growth between 9 months to 12 months of life. Almost all babies have growth till their second birthday. The colour and texture of the hair may vary from that present at birth. Curly hair can be replaced by straight hair. And thick dense hair can be replaced by thinner and sparse hair.
How to wash my baby's hair?
With newborn babies, In the early days the best way to wipe their hair is with a sponge. Support your baby's shoulders and head, which again should be tilted slightly, and gently pat the wet and warm sponge over the hair until it is sufficiently clean.
After 4-5 weeks in young babies use a small amount of baby shampoo on your baby's hair. Softly rub in a circular motion, and then use a plastic cup or your hand to rinse off the shampoo.
Always be gentle whenever you message a tearless baby shampoo into your baby's scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can force hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
How often should I wash my baby's hair?
You should never wash your baby's hair everyday. Particularly with the newborns, there's just no requirement. Once, twice or on need basis baby's hairs can be washed. Instead of washing it every day, gently wipe it with a sponge daily to remove any dirt and fresh your baby up.
Which shampoo should I use?
Always use tearless nourishing natural ingredients shampoos. During first month try to avoid shampoo. Tearless shampoo can even hurt, avoid spillage in eyes. Adult shampoos should be avoided as it contains chemicals that can be toxic to the baby.
Will shaving head improve my babies hair growth?
Shaving your baby's head does not improve the hair growth. The hair just looks healthier with the dried, scraggly ends removed
My daughter is 19 months old. She is suffering from persistent diarrhoea of 7 to 10 days. She has been recommended ZnD, Zeedott, Benegut, Pedialyte. Worried about my little one as her intakes are very less. Urine output is also low. Though she is active but fussy about eating. Concerned about management of situation. We are trying to give her chaach, coconut water, khichdi, soup, soya milk etc. But she is not having it much.
My grand daughter who is just 6 months' old is having problems in sleeping she sleeps only 5-6 hours a day and is constantly troubling her mom to continuously feed. How to manage this? what type of solid we can start?
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: Sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Dear doctors We have 2 months old child. I want to know that can we give water to drink? If yes then how many times & if no then why? Pls give ans me.
My son is 14 years old (15-01-2002. In October he took cricket coaching for 10 days. Since then he fell ill frequently. Sometimes headaches, sometimes fever. He feel weakness all the time. Dr. Please suggest me diet or supplement for him. His height 5'10. Weight 60 kg.
My daughter is 1 month and 5 days she has been getting formula from first week of life. Few week after I notice she constantly poop green, she is not fussy but am worried why her poop is green as it use to be yellowish, from sunday until today its been strictly green poop. Please help me.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets with respect to eczema:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease.
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting.
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects.
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
I got Gas problem, even someone press my hand forcedly. It has started. What should I do to get solution from gas and acidity?
I am having a baby of 5months. Iam having a too much hair fall after the baby birth. Please suggest me.
My child age 1 years has some skin problem such as pimples on whole body from last six months. We have consulted Dr. many times but still the problem has not resolved permanently. It has recurrence again and again can we have solution for this problem. Prescribed medicines are as follows: hydroxyzine oral solution crotorax HC After medicines are stopped problem reoccurring again and again.
My niece is getting fever frequently and then fever goes out within every 20 seconds approx. Suddenly her body goes up and then does down immediately. She is 5 months old. Please suggest
My baby boy is 3 months old. I have given him pentavac. Is it safe? I am very upset hearing the rumor about deaths after this vaccine. Is it safe?
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
Baby is 1 month old now and Need remedy for rashes at bottom part .cries to much whenever pass gas and stool .not able to sleep properly from past two week.
My daughter is 11 years old. Her height is not increasing & weight is also low. Kindly suggest me Ayurveda medicine, so it can't be harmful to her.
2 days ago
To prevent nappy rash,change nappy every six hour atleast.Between the changes,keep baby dry and naked for some time,then apply coconut oil.
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.