Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My son whose age is 9 years. He is 26 kg in weight. I think he is under weight. He is quite fit. Please give me advice to increase his weight to look smart.
Hi doctor my baby is 10 month old she has a fever cold and cough 102 F doctor prescribed delcon syrup 2.5ml 3 times, ambrodil syrup 2ml 3 times and advent 2.5 ml 2 times then yesterday we again went to him as the fever was not in control so he gave lariago syrup 10ml one time at night for two days and third day 5 ml then stop he said. Im worried to give my baby 10 ml plzz suggest me what to do.
My 1 year old son's right eye is red and swollen for 3 days now. Giving him tobra d and ciplox. No improvement. Please advise.?
My daughter is nine months old. She doesn't take any food properly. She feels like vomiting n does vomit too. What should I do!
Is it safe to give pedicloryl syrup to 4 months old baby? if yes then in what quantity? the baby is all the time cranky and is not having proper sleep. Only sleep for an hour max and thn wakes up and cry. Please suggest what to do?
I am 20 years old and my problem is continuously cough and cold so that my problem so please tell me my solution.
My son's age is 5 years 7 months. When he was 2.6. We move outside bringing him for travel or else. We often notice that whenever he go outside and ride a taxi , a bus or ac car. He felt ill and vomit. This problem not arise in ac metro trains and train reservation compartment. Now when he goes to school in the morning by rickshaw he vomit regularly or if we go to park with him he often vomit. We consult the doctor who are giving regular vaccines to him from early stage he suggest us that its motion sickness or else. He told us to give gravol for motion sickness and ondem syrup for vomiting. But his illness turning to a regular syndrome. Could you kindly tell me the proper treatment or is there any alternate therapy that we can give him so that its remove or What is the solution? Please suggest me.
My 3 months old baby's iris of both eyes is a bit bluish in colour. Can I do something to change that or any food taken by mother help in this case to develop a natural colour of iris for the baby. Please advice.
My son is 3 yrs 8 months old is having prolonged coughing. Shown to pediatrician and Homeopathic doctors but complete cure is not done so far. Sometimes he coughs for a minute or so and very frequent (specially during his sleeps at night or early day time). Doctor said throat infection which is cured but he is not completely relieved. Please advise.
My son is 5 months old. He is drinking cow milk from dairy and since 7 days I went to my in laws house the cow milk taste differ due to that he has got loose motion. So what medicine to take and due to continuous motion he has got rashes so can I start amul milk so that it is available everyman. Kindly suggest that milk which is available everywhere.
What care should be taken (from now on) for my six year old daughter so that she has healthy hair and skin in future. Should some supplements be given for a healthy body?
I have 3 months old baby he is not getting enough milk. My milk supply is slow and very less. please tell me what to do. Even I am taking lactare capsules 2 per day.
My 3-4 old son has developed reason his cheeks. The doctor advised me to use. I apply this lotion twicea dayb but come back the moment I stop using it. Can you suggest any other solution for my baby skin.
I am a child. I don't want to go to the school because I feel lazy every morning but after some time I will become very active that I want to attend the school but it will be too late by that time. Can you give me any suggestions what should I do?
Hello Dr. My baby is 15 days old. I had c section because of which I started breastfeeding the baby 7 days before. Wen I feed him it takes me 2 hours but then too he is hungry. And then I hav to give him lactogen. What should I do so that he should be full because I don't want to give him top feed please suggest.
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
1) COLD & COUGH : Honey is highly soothing for temporary cough relief. You can prepare a warm drink with ginger, honey, and lemon juice to drink before bedtime. The ginger and lemon soothe the throat, and the honey loosens up mucus and also acts as a gentle cough suppressant. Don't give honey to babies ages one or under, though, due to the risk of infantile botulism. For the really little ones, a hot steam vaporizer usually does the trick.
2) NASAL CONGESTION: A stuffy nose is an added challenge with babies and toddlers, as they can’t blow their nose. Prepare a solution of salt in lukewarm water, put this saline solution into the nose, then let your baby lie down for a while, and use the aspirator to remove the loosened mucus. This remedy is safe for babies as well as toddlers.
3) STOMACH UPSET/VOMITING: Stomach aches or infections are the most difficult to get around and can be highly uneasy for the child. Try giving light liquids like dal/rice and vegetable stock, the best that works for everything is breat milk. If you can't breast feed, try to boil fennel seeds (sauf) in milk to make the baby's stomach feel better.
Click on Consult Privately to ask me a private question about your child's health.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.