Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Agarwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Dads and moms should share in the responsibility in caring for their newborn baby.
Importance of Dad Care
Caring for their baby gives dad's a chance to bond with their baby and also provides rest, help and support to the mom who might be in great stress. It is important to be there for your wife and be an active participant in caring for your family. Care for your young one and take turns changing the diaper, watching the baby or feeding.
What dads can do?
Dads can get involved in the different activities like changing soiled diapers, massage and bathing or sponging, get his/her dressed, feeding the baby if on formula feeds, burping the baby etc. Rocking the baby to sleep and singing songs and lullabies gives you a different experience. Don't shy away from responsibilities. It is best that you be there rather than ignore your need.
Skin to skin contact (Kangaroo care)
Babies respond to touch. Kangaroo care is very helpful especially in premature babies. It helps in growth of baby. It helps in bonding of baby with father. Hold your baby tight against your skin. Let the hearts connect. It is a beautiful experience to hold God's creation in your hand. This is the best way to connect to your little one and make him feel special. The best thing about this activity is that more than the baby it makes you feel happy and complete.
Practice makes a man perfect!
The only way to learn how to care for a bay is by getting involved and get going. Don't hesitate. You may feel shy initially but once you start involving in your baby care, the experience of nursing a baby makes you more confident.
Share your experience in your group at home or office, you may find more practical ways for caring your baby. Be open to suggestions and try and incorporate the good ones.
It has been found that babies who are 'well fathered' tend to be more secure and confident in exploring the world around them. Be a father that is around to observe and nurture your kid, remember it's the childhood that one cherishes the most.
My new born 23 days boy child unable to feed properly from breasts and have to give Lactogen 1 advised by the doctors when discharged from hospital now I have to know how many times in a day I can give that though mother is trying to breast feed frequently and whats the quantity of L1 should I gave to him so that his stomach get full.
My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of headache and drowsiness for the last 2 weeks. The neuro physician prescribed sibelium at 8 PM daily and Naxdom as SOS. She could not attend school for 2 weeks. Yesterday, she attended school after a gap of 2 weeks. When she returned, she was not having headache, but after some time the headache returned. Even after taking 2 tablets of Naxdom yesterday and one tablet of Dolo today morning, the headache is not going. Her MRI, CT scan, skull xray done last year were normal. When she was around 2 years old, her head was hit by centre table while she was playing. In the skull x ray, this mark was visible. But she was completely fine all these days. Suddenly, headache has gripped her during last 2 weeks. Please help.
My 2 yr old son having cough,cold & Temp. from last 2 month...consulted Dr. He has given Ambrdiyl AS then shifted Reliant Plus for cough, for cold suggested Sinarest Cc and for Temperature suggested combiflam also giving steam regularly I.e. 3-4 times in a day...but still all three problems is not rectified... Yesterday done blood test CBC just want to know is he having any infection then haemoglobin just below than requirement I.e. 10.5 please suggest....what should I do?
A kid at our home who is just 2 months old have a bit of cold and is been given an hepatitis b vaccine bcoz of which he is suffering a lot of pain. What should be done in such a situation?
मेरी बेटी का जन्म 4 मई 2016 को हुआ लेकिन जन्म के बाद वह बिल्कुल भी नहीं रोई। 20 दिन तक nursery में एडमिट थी।अब डिस्चार्ज होकर घर आ गयी है लेकिन अब भी वह रोती नहीं है। फीड में ट्यूब से दी जाती है। birth asphyxia. AGA. RDS. HIE grade 2nd. Sepsis. Shock. ATN था। कृपया ओपिनियन दे।
Stomach aches or abdominal pains are one of the most frequently reported health complaints faced by children. Children below the age of twelve are known to suffer from recurrent stomach pain. While pains such as these lead to momentary discomfiture, they also lay the path for graver worries if neglected for too long. Your child may feel sick and bunk school for two days; rest and home care can restore his or her health, but that in no way, is the best suited way of dealing with the situation. If tummy aches resurface over a certain period of time, parents should be cautious enough to look for the root cause and should try to eliminate it accordingly.
Widely noticed causes of stomach aches in children:
- Unhygienic food can affect the child’s digestive system.
- Intolerance to a certain food item should not be overlooked.
- Perpetual anxiety can make the tummy twist and turn.
- Urinary Tract Infections can also lead to acute abdominal pain.
- Serious factors such as gallstones or appendicitis could also be present. Immediate expert consultation is advised in such a case.
- Caffeine and packaged soft drinks can be harmful.
- Butter, ghee and other greasy products can trigger tummy aches.
Ways to treat tummy aches in children:
- Keep children away from gas producing food items: Food that is hard to digest should be avoided. Lentil soup or dal should only be consumed in limited amounts to prevent the formation of gas. Don’t let your child have too many nuts regularly.
- Keep them hydrated: Fluid intake should be monitored. A child should drink at least six to seven glasses of water per day. Fruit juices or soups can also be given to them alongside main meals. This helps digestion.
- Do not stack up food in one go: Eating a lot in one meal is a bad way of satisfying hunger. Have smaller meals in more numbers. Six to eight meals will keep your child full and will also eliminate chances of acid reflux which happens either due to an empty stomach or too much piling up of greasy food.
- Timely check - up with the doctor: If tummy aches refuse to go away, take your child to a doctor for a thorough check- up. Administer medicines as prescribed by the physician.