Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Atul PrasadYour feedback matters!
I have epilepsy. I need to know which sport I can go? My doctor said me thot I can't go only for swimming.
I am 75 years old having a problem of insomnia for the last one year. I get hardly 4-5 hrs disturbed sleep at night. Next day through outfeel headache, burning of eyes and feel lousy. It becomes difficult for me to do routine work due to sleepless. I am a diabetic patient under control and also having a prostate problem under treatment. Please advise me the remedy for treatment of insomnia. Thanks.
I am 23 years old. I am felling nerves pain like I am felling I am not fit. I want to build my body muscle as well.
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.
I am 30 years old. I will get small seizures with my knowledge(max of 2 minutes). I get to know before it comes and I will inform others to get some water. Frequency- 1 or 2 times / month. I had brain surgery for this(right side), but still I am getting with same frequency. Can you please suggest some solution. Now I am using the below medicine tegritol cr 400mg(1-1) frisium 10 mg(0-1) torleva (500mg - 1000mg)
I have been suffering from MIGRAINE for 20 years now and I would like to be delivered from this sickness. Im taking" Excedrin Migraine" It is very hot here in the Philippines and whenever I am exposed to sun and very hot weather condition, it triggers. Please help me how to overcome this migraine/headache. It becomes a burden to me now. It stops me from doing my daily activities. Sigh.
Sir, I have a 27 years old, I am suffering from kampan (hand), I have a no drinking & smoking, last 3 years suffering this diseases. Pls sir help me. Thanks.
I am 25 year and suffering from migraine from last 2 years I have gone through many doctors but they can't care of it. What should I do to control it?
Hello sir. I am suffering from migraine. Can you please suggest me some tips. Which make me reduce pain.
My grandfather has a stroke. CT Scan is done and medical treatment i'm going according to report. His left side of body is not properly working and also have a speaking problem. Report detail is:-" Hypodense area having CT DV 25HU seen in right parietal occipital junction s/o watershed interact, it measures approx 3.6*4.0cm. Supratentorial ventricular system is prominent. Hypo densities are seen in both per ventricular areas s/o ischemic changes. Diffuse cerebral atrophy noted. IMPRESSION:-" Findings s/o CHRONIC WATERSHED INFARCT RIGHT MCA TERRITORY. Please tell what the best treatment to recover from it. (Tell in hindi language as possible)
I had an headache attack which was pulsating Nd uncontrollable. I was nt able to control it. So I went to general doctor. He said if I didn't vomited I dnt have migraine. BT I'm sensitive towards light. Nd whenever I walk in sunlight I get headaches. I get pain in head every time and it lasts for half of the month. How can we make sure that we hv migraine. Is there any test. Nd how to prevent it.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
The following are the primary sleep disorders associated with chronic pain:
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
- Worry and anxiety
- Sweating at night
- Depression and other mental disorders
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 28 years old male, suffering from migraine since 6 years. I have consulted many neuro doctors and gone thru all types of head scanning and found nothing in scan report. I'm taking the prescribed medicines regularly but didn't see any improvement. Request you to suggest me what should I do next.
Respected doctor I am miss mamata barik age of 33 suffering from migraine since last 5 years.I have consulted maximum of doctors but no such result is getting since now.Now i am taking naxdom-250 and cyra-d regularly.Whats the cause and remedies please tell me.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.