Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Prasad
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Atul PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am allergic to sun. And it leads to migraine whenever I do not eat anything in the morning. And it starts with severe headache. So whats the solution?
My age 21. Sometimes when I was nervous my body and hand is shaking and have never stopped. Body also weak. Give some advice.
I am having trouble with migraine and I have tried and taken a lots of pills but nothing happened, please tell me a permanent solution.
What are the symptoms of cervical and migraine and which medicine are taken for them? Please tell me.
My friend have problem like insomnia he can't sleep at night before 2 am or or 2: 30 am he trying daily to sleep early but he can't sleep any solution for this problem? Please advise
I had a 3 seizure attack one 2 year earlier and other 2, one day before. I was not aware of that disease but it's been diagnosed by a doctor, we are in general hospital, What we should do?
I want to ask a question for my father who got paralyzed on 11 August 2015 left side paralyzed and we have a confusion about my father's treatment. Please guide me.
Sir I am 51 yes old and I am suffering from neuralgia since 2.5 yes Till now I have not taken any medicine I feel pain between my left nose and lip It occurs 2 to 5 times a day and the frequency is 3 sec to 10 sec It dose not occur every day but 10 to 15 day than it slow down 10 day approximately Now I am taking Mazetol 200mg once a day since 10 days and it is like a miracle my pain is in control 85% So my question is am I going right? And is the dose OK? And how long I should take it Sir I am a diabetic patient and I take 5 mg glibenclamide once a day after meal my sugar count is 160 to 170 before and 230 to 240 after my at is 79 kg I request to give me proper guidance Thanks in advance.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!