Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
I have a bowl of boiled kala chana and four boiled egg whites for breakfast, and meal replacement shake for dinner, I have a normal lunch, I also workout 6 days a week in the gym for two hours/ day, I have lost 10 KGS in the last six weeks, I want to know is my diet alright, how long can I continue with it , my goal is to loose another 10 KGS.
Sir I tried lot for loose my weight but not succeed to loose my weight please tell me how I loose weight.
I have pcod .Am a active person generally m trying to loose weight from last 1 years have gone for proper yoga ,gym have taken diet plan but its of no use till today. I am 5'6" tall Weighing 78 kg M trying hard to loose fat from tummy region but m unable to kindly tell me what best can be done to actually get result.
I am 99 kgs , 5'11 inches , I am also diabetic . I want to loose weight . Age is 41 . How I should loose weight .
I am a 45 year old lady, for some time I have noticed fat around my stomach. I take 3 slices of bread with butter in breakfast, 2 chapatti, abowl of dal vegetable, curd salad and alittle rice for lunch, then dinner I have 2 chapattis and a bowl of vegetables. Usually I do not have anything in between. Sometimes I have sweets after dinner. I go for 15-20 min walk every day with my dog. Please help me to reduce belly fat.
I am 24yrs old. Female. I want to lose 5k. G weaight. Right now my weaight is 65kg. Please give me a diet chart.
Hi I have to reduce my stomach What diet I want to use. My stomach should be flat so how should I reduce please give details What food be taken.
Veggies are well known for their fibre, less calories, n micronutrients rich.
Whole cucumber green lime slushie and santra ginger slushie adds to the fibre, micronutrients, antioxidants.
Flaxseed by itself is a wonderful superfood with omega 3 fatty acids, fibre, proteins, and other micronutrients.
All in all a perfect breakfast meal for the morning detoxification, pepping up your digestive tract, boosting your immunity and metabolism together.
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.