Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini GoelYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from prostatic and uti 8 month ago. I took doxcef, plurofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, offloading within 5 month as a result I feel pain throughout my legs. I find difficult to walk. I lost strength in my legs. Is it because of antibiotics I took. Please reply. What should I do.
What is the diet that should be followed by the dialysis patient and how much water should that drink and maximum amount.
Hlw Sir .mujhe urine m pus cells aa rahe h .to y khi sperm to nahi h .or isse koi weakness to nahi aygi.
I am on fasting as this is month of Ramadan. I didn't drink a single drop of water by 3: 30 AM to 7: 00 pm (means for a period of over 16 hours ). When I urinate at evening ,many a time I find there is white and a bit thick material comes at the end of urination and also it cause uncomfortable (burning) for short period of time. I want to know why this is happening to me?& also how it can be treated?
Hi. I take beer 3 times in a week .1 for every time. Actually my problem is related to bad smell of urine. Even I don't drink but bed smell is occurring every morning from my urine. Please give some advice for that problem. Everyone in my family get to know that I had drink last night by urine smell .pls help.
My friend is suffering from kidney stone I just want to know whether she has to go for operation or stone will be pass in urine the size of stone is 4-5 mm.
Sir, I am 47 years old man and I have been suffering with urinary problem. I under went three time kidney operation due stone formation in Jan 2011, Mar 2-11 & November 2014. I have consulted the Urology as well as Nephrology doctors. After the second time operation my urine problem was started. My problem is that" after having water full of my urinary blader started with a feeling of small pain which is clinching to do urine and also feeling burning while passing urine.
I have a stone .sometimes pain hits me so much after drinking water. There is no such effect. What is instantly relief I have to do when I got this pain?
I urinate frequently only during night My sugar is normal and no prostrate what may be the other causes?
Hello doc, recently I had some problem in my urination and I also have some pus like discharge-a drop of yellowish fluid in the early morning. I did my urine test few months back. That time I was told that I have sever UTI for which I was given antibiotic and I was ok for a month. After that my pain and irritation was gone but still that morning pus discharge has come back. Again I did my urine test and doc said I am normal n not medicated but I feel there is some problem somewhere. What should I do.
My father is 74 years old, diagnosed with Prostate cancer (life changed after biopsy) Hi, My father is 74 years old and was doing great and very healthy. With frequent urination issue, we went and found that prostate was enlarged and they suggested to biopsy though his PSA was not so high (7ng/ml). Post biopsy (which was anyways negative/benign for prostate cancer), everything got changed,
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
"RIRS" is the latest method of kidney stone surgery for complete clearance of kidney and ureter stones