Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaYour feedback matters!
I generally have low blood pressure around 90/70. However for a few weeks I have experienced some chest discomfort and lower blood pressure.
I am 48 years old male, I have uric acid 6.8 and triglyceride 256, please give me advice, how to reduce this without taking medicine?
I know all the steps of suryanamskar but I don't know in which step we have to take in and out breath ? And without inhaling and exhaling if do suryanamskar it will benefit for us or not please do reply.
Gastric problem occur since one year and obesity increasing I have regularly excersing and walking smoker and drinking some times kindly suggest.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have a problem with my penis. I think it is a problem. My bent is bent to left side and curvy. During masturbation, the sperm releases very quickly. How to overcome this problem. Please give me a suggestion to this problem.
Hoping someone can put my mind at rest. In January, I had a nasty virus which led to chest pains, feeling terrible, palpitations, went to doctors, had ECG and bloods, all normal. Was taking Cerazette mini pill at time, stopped taking it. Started feeling a little better but again started. please advise.
Whenever I laugh more loudly, I get moist eyes, if the laugh continues then I loose control and my get urine out. please suggest me what to do. What are its causes and treatment, if any.
I had a saviour headache only one side is coming. From morning to afternoon. Its coming once a year. What should I do. Give me better suggestion. It is my 4th standard onwards coming.
Can swallowing of one's own semen after masturbation get rid off its weaknesses? I heard we feel tired after sexual activity since we lose some protein content in semen.
Sir I am having erection problem during intercourse. I am suffering from premature ejaculation too. Also my organ does not gets harder sometimes during intercourse and I am not able to do faster for this reason. Sir please suggest.
Recently one of my relative got a brain stroke and blood got clot. And his right leg and hand got paralysis currently he is under treatment in one hospital. Wanted to know the reasons of brain stroke and is it curable completely?
Dear sir, My wife 20 years old accidentally drunk harpic poison may be 200 mg on last 06th July near about at 1200 hours. On the way to go hospital I have tried her to vomiting & finally she vomited & 1st 3 times its color was blue. And then 3-4 times she vomited blood. After reached hospital doctors said there is no way & need to wash in case of harpic poison. Doctors said actually harpic poison already done its job whenever & wherever it touched the way to sallowing time. Doctors prescribed her some exam X-ray, ECG, CXR, S. creatinine, S. Electrolyte, Urine R/E & endorse copy. After 02 days doctors said it's better to treatment her in home rather then hospital as now she just need to take medicine & liquid food & wait to recover the affected places of the inner part of the body. Almost after 15 days she can drink liquid foods painlessly but last 03 days she again start vomiting after anything she eat. Now today she almost felt bad inside & tried not to eat even water as she said it's better feel hungry rather then vomiting. In the endoscopy report I noticed her maximum area that touched poison was severely ulcerated. Last 02 days she don't want to eat (liquid food) & slept but for short time. She lost almost 10 kg weight for this accident. I am so much worried for her, couldn't understand what to do & or is there any fault in the treatment. Please advise should I take her India (Chennai) for better treatment or what's the common scenario of harpic poisoning. Thanks in advance for kind advise. Best regards Arif Arian.
The number of children suffering from eating disorders are on the rise. Change in eating habits, stress, depression, low self-esteem, lack of control in life, anger and loneliness are some of the causes of eating disorders. Some genetic disorders could also be a reason for eating disorders.
Eating disorders may lead to several health conditions which may arise in case of abnormal eating patterns. The common modes of eating disorders in children are as follows:
Anorexia: Children who are affected with anorexia think they are very overweight in spite of actually being very thin. Anorexia affected children consume less than a thousand calories per day.
The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment and regulated weight gain program. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
- Psychological Treatment: Different psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages in children. They include cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy and focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be provided.
- Weight gain program: A weight gain program will guide an anorexic child to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully; the traits are recognized and a diet pattern is given, which is ideal for him.
Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimia affected child is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinks about losing weight.
In spite of not liking the idea of binge eating for the fear of getting obese, a child affected by bulimia cannot follow this and continues binge eating. Later, they take extreme measures to lose weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy or talk therapy includes examining the bulimia and related issues with an expert. It has been proven that psychotherapy restricts the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include, Cognitive behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is one medicine that can be taken.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected children, having a proper balanced diet is very important. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for the child. Undertaking a weight-loss program is also vital.
Binge eating: Similar to bulimia, binge eating includes out of control eating in huge quantities in a short period of time. The food is not vomited out, and binge eating causes obesity. Intense emotions are experienced in binge eaters. Binge eating in children can be treated with behavioral therapy, medications and psychotherapy.
Eating disorders are quite common in children who are yet to gain maturity.
These disorders may lead to severe health consequences, which may affect a child physically and psychologically. A proper treatment is also essential to deal with these disorders.