Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. My question is I have got scars on my face and my face color is different than my body color, am fair but my face looks dark and dull (I have oily face. Please suggest good cream or ointment for me. Thank you.
Hey. My problem is lips is very dark. I fell very bad when someone tell me about that. There any medicine for lighting color of lips. If there please tell me the name of that medicine. Thanks you.
Doctor I have oily skin. Nowadays I am experiencing itching of facial skin. I use moisturiser but it keeps it moisturised till the time I dnt wash my face. What shall I apply on it to retain may previous skin.
After bath and face wash my facial skin is irritating me and white particles of skin visible and it's annoying and I have some pimples and black spots.
Sir my friend has dark spots on his face he is very much disturbed by that. How can he remove those or make them less kindly help him.
I have a dark spot on my face cause of pimples and injuries what should I use tell me any dream and any thing which can be removed and got simple and shinning skin tone.
Cellulitis is a serious bacterial infection that is characterized by red and swollen areas on the skin. The condition may spread quickly to other areas of the body. The most commonly affected areas of the body are the lower legs, although it affects other areas of the body as well.
The disease may affect either the outer layer of the skin or the tissues underneath your skin, from where it may spread to your bloodstream and the lymph nodes. If the condition is not treated on time, it may turn into a life threatening one.
- You may experience inflammation and redness on your skin
- The affected area may become tender and painful
- The area may feel warm
- Presence of skin rashes around the area
- Pus filled formations on the skin
- The skin may have a tight and swollen appearance
- You may run a fever
- Feeling dizzy and fatigued if the condition turns serious
This condition occurs when bacteria such as Streptococcus and Staphylococcus enter the body through cuts or cracks on the skin. Surgical incisions, cuts and insect bites are usually the causes of the infection. Some other risk factors include a weak immune system, diabetes and skin conditions such as eczema and athlete's foot.
The condition is treated by antibiotics. If oral medications do not work, then the medicine may be administered intravenously.
There are certain preventive measures which you can employ to minimize the risks of cellulitis:
- If you have a wound or cut in the body, make sure to apply ointments that help in killing the germs.
- Always wash your wounds with warm water and soap.
- Apply bandage to the area to prevent exposure to dust and bacteria. Make sure that you replace the bandages on a regular basis.
- On any sign of infection such as redness and pus drainage, consult a doctor.
- Apply moisturizer on your skin to prevent cracks on the skin.
- Take care while trimming your finger and toe nails so as to not injure the skin around the nail.