Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hair are an indispensable part of one’s aura and personality. To have thick and voluminous hair adds so much to one’s beauty. It defines one’s image and confidence. Baldness, losing and thinning of hair is of great concern for both men and women. In a stressful and competitive world like ours, people start losing hair at very young age. This is often attributed to our lifestyle, environmental pollution, inadequate sleep, excessive smoking and drinking. Losing hair is depressing as it is a sign of ageing. The cosmetic market today is flooded with products; be it hair fall control shampoos, serums, conditioners or hair masks. Many Ayurvedic remedies are also available for users to try.
However, the truth is nothing offers a tangible permanent solution than a surgery. However, Surgery comes with a host of side effects and is neither advisable nor affordable. Thus, the question is; whether there is any hope for people who want to regain their hair? Well, Aesthetic Medicine is undertaking lots of research on a possible cure for this condition. Recent Research suggests that adult stem cells have the ability to produce different stem cells, thus cells from hair follicles can be utilised to stimulate hair growth. One such research at the University of Pennsylvania, January 2014 described a method to convert adult cells into epithelial stem cells, responsible for hair growth. Many such studies on adult stem cells are underway.
Stem cells are tiny microscopic cells responsible for repair and regeneration of aged and damaged tissues. By now, everyone knows the amazing benefits of stem cells from umbilical cord, thanks to the Stem Cell Banking concept. The good news is that ongoing research on Stem Cells as a non-surgical way to treat baldness now offers a ray of hope for people suffering from hair loss issues.
Stem Cell treatment helps regeneration of damaged hair follicles thus, promoting hair growth. The procedure is simple and painless. It has minimal side effects and requires no hospitalisation. The live hair follicles from the patient’s hair are used to harvest stem cells. The processed stem cells are then carefully and slowly injected into balding areas with the help of very fine needles. Local anaesthesia is used to avoid any pain or discomfort.
Results in the form of visible hair growth, as well as improvement in density and thickness, are visible within a month. Stem Cell treatment is undoubtedly one of the advanced treatments for hair loss available today. Many clinics/ hospitals are now beginning to offer stem cell therapy for hair loss treatment. However, if hair loss is your concern, It is best to consult an expert, ask a free question and get your scalp examined and be assured of the usefulness of this therapy for yourself before deciding to go for the treatment.
Delivery done for my wife 5 days before. But breast milk was not producing adequately. So insufficient diet for baby. can milk formation be done by some food? Any other diet can be given?
Vaginitis is the inflammation of one’s vagina accompanied by pain during intercourse, mild vaginal bleeding, painful urination, vaginal itching or a considerable change in the amount, odor and color of the vaginal discharge.
1. A certain level of bacteria is normally found in one’s vagina (lactobacilli). Now if this count is outnumbered by the other bacteria (anaerobes), the balance in the vagina gets disrupted giving rise to bacterial vaginosis. Such kind of vaginitis usually stems from sexual intercourse with multiple sex partners.
2. Yeast infection occurs due to an overgrowth of fungal organisms in one’s vagina, especially Candida Albicans.
3. Trichomoniasis caused by the one celled microscopic parasite ‘Trichomonas Vaginalis’ generally spreads through sexual intercourse with an infected partner. The condition also makes one vulnerable to various sexually transmitted infections.
4. Spermicidal products, scented detergents, perfumed soaps, douches, vaginal sprays or foreign objects such as tampons that were not taken out or tissue paper might trigger allergic reactions or irritation in the vaginal tissues.
5. Surgical removal of the ovaries or reduced estrogen count after menopause might cause thinning of the vaginal lining, thereby resulting in vaginal burning, dryness or irritation.
1. For Bacterial vaginosis, your doctor might advise the application of clindamycin cream or metronidazole gel as well as metronidazole tablets which are to be taken orally.
2. Yeast infections might be treated with an anti-fungal suppository or cream, for instance, tioconazole, butoconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole. Oral medication, such as fluconazole is also administered to treat the same.
3. Metronidazole or tinidazole tablets are prescribed for Trichomoniasis.
4. Estrogen in the form of rings, tablets or vaginal creams is effective in treating low estrogen level after menopause.
5. For non-infectious vaginitis primarily caused by objects, such as tampons, sanitary napkins, laundry detergent or new soap, it is essential to pinpoint the source of the irritation and avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.