Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Asha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from tinnitus for last four year in my left year only and loss of hearing also in both of my ears. Consulted doctor at CMC vellore and completed the suggested medicine. Still suffering with hear loss & tinnitus. Please help.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
I had sudden hearing loss in left ear one month ago, I have been taking Medrol 16 mg (3 times a day) for 25 days, along with Verbet 16 mg (3 times, Nerverich, Anti-O, Cetirizine 10 mg (OD) tablets. I had severe Skin Rash (non - itching) on whole body after taking tablet for 20 days. My consultant Dr. stopped Verbet ,Anti-O and reduced the Medrol 16 mg intake to Medrol 8 mg OD. I took Medrol 8 mg for three more days along with with Nerverich and Cetirizine tablets. But as my skin rash continued to grow, I stopped taking these tablets too. And now I find that my rashes are lessening but now they itch. 1. Will stop of Medrol cause any effect? Will its stoppage rebounce the hearing loss 2. Can I take Verbet 16 mg alone as my ear hasn't fully recovered (hearing ability recovered by 60-65%) and I still have Ringing sound problem, it rings 24 hours? Can hearing loss and Tinnitus be fully cured? 3- Treatment of skin rash, will it go away naturally in some days? please help me. Thanks.
I am 37 year old male Hearing problem from last one week, which started after long session of morning walk.
Hi, my mother (age 45) has recently developed hearing problem. Due to too much talking on phone with earphones, she doesn't hears anything at once (mostly, not always). What can we do?
I am feeling very lazy all the time. Tell me the solution from which I can avoid this type of ill effect.
I am losing hear quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what Elsa can I do. Can you please halo me with this.
I have blurring sight low sight in dark and hearing problem sir please suggest me suitable cure so I can live normal life.
Sir, I can not listen properly my hearing power is very low I cannot listen from short distance please help me tell me some clue so that I can resolve this.
Hello doctor, I feel insensitivity in my both toes from last 2 months. I done a diabetes test and it is normal. I never listen these type of problems by anyone. Please suggest me what is the exact problem and what is the treatment I have take for this. Is it a serious problem. Thanks.
I'm 14 years old and I was at a volleyball training yesterday and we did a lot of fitness and body workouts and we were dehydrated and I started to see black and green noise in my vision and it spread more by time and I felt heavy and my ears began to not hear properly with a whistle kind of noise and I felt like vomiting and fainting but it was gone after 2-5 minutes, I feel like it is a mini-stroke but I wanted a clear answer from an expert, also my identical twin experienced that too at the same time. Note: it happened to me before too from 2 years in my karate training.
I want to know hearing song in headphone in low volume for 2 to 3 hr. continually is effective for hearing very much.
Sir, I am suffering from pain in my ear. When I were going to a river my ear pain suddenly start and now I am not able to hear clearly. Sir, what should I have to do to get relief from this pain. Please, sir give me some advice to get relief from this pain.
My sister having hearing and speaking problems from birth. She's now 18 years old. Is it possible to rectify her problems? How much it will cost?
Due to rainy season and cold atmosphere my ear feel like got blocked. But I can hear well, still it feels quite strange, so provide solution for making ear free.
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.