Doctor in Asha Speech & Hearing Clinic
Submit a review for Asha Speech & Hearing ClinicYour feedback matters!
I cannot hear my own voice sound properly I have hearing related problem but doctor say your hearing is normal there little hearing loss is it possible to correct it by surgery.
My father age 68 years suffering from hearing problem for last 2 to three so can he use hearing machine and which machine is good for him.
I can not hear properly if I am in my room and if any one is standing and talking out of my room I can hear that some one is talking but can't hear what they are talking, not the door are closed, even if any one tell something I hear something! Just not clear.
I was seeping with my phone under the pillow right where my right ear rested over it. It was kept on vibrate mode and whilst a call rang, it vibrated directly under my right ear. Since then I am experiencing a very slight difference in hearing between the left and the right ear. What do I do now?
What is Hearing loss?
Hearing loss is a decreased ability to hear. There are two main categories of hearing loss: Conductive hearing and sensorineural hearing.
Symptoms of Hearing loss-
- Unable to hear high or low level sounds
- A little Hearing but not understanding
- Unable to hear when there is background noise
- Humming sounds in the ears
- Social withdrawal
- Fatigue and stress
- Speak loudly
Causes of Hearing loss-
- Fluid in the middle ear
- Ear infections
- Ear injury or fractured bones in the middle ear
- Damage of ear drum
- Rigid bones in the middle ear
- Ear surgery damage to the inner ear
Risk factors of Hearing loss-
- Not receiving all recommended immunizations
- Ear infections
- Exposure to earsplitting music or noise
- Use of certain medicines
- Meniere’s disease
- Collagen vascular diseases
Complications of Hearing loss-
Diagnosis of hearing loss:-
- Medical history
- Physical exam
- Tests may include: Weber test, Rinne test, Audiometric tests, Tympanometry, Electrocochleography and Brain stem auditory evoked responses test.
Precautions & Prevention of Hearing loss
- Quit smoking
- Always wear ear protection
- Get all appropriate immunizations.
- Treat all medical conditions.
- Avoid noisy environment
- Use sufficient ear protection when using noisy equipment.
- Sufficient treatment of ear problem
Treatment of Hearing loss
- Homeopathic Treatment of Hearing loss
- Acupuncture Treatment of Hearing loss
- Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hearing loss
- Surgical Treatment of Hearing loss
- Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hearing loss
- Other Treatment of Hearing loss
Treatment of Hearing loss
Homeopathic Treatment of Hearing loss-
Homeopathic remedies depend upon patient condition or level of hearing problem. Homeopathic treatment reduces the symptoms of hearing loss. It helps both conductive and sensorineural hearing loss. Following homeopathic remedies are very beneficial for hearing loss symptoms:
- Calcarea carbonica
- Carbo vegetabilis
- Kali carbonicum
- Coffea crud
- Natrum salicylicum
- Salicylicum acidum
Acupuncture and Acupressure Treatment of Hearing loss-
In Acupuncture treatment, the ringing in ears disappeared and the volume and pitch in ear were appreciably muted. Acupuncture treatment has been shown tremendous improvement in hearing loss.
Psychotherapy and hypnotherapy can help in stress relief. They can help in better coping and early relief.
Conventional / Allopathic Treatment of Hearing loss-
Allopathic treatment of hearing loss includes some antibiotics, analgesics, immunosuppressant, oral contraceptives, and mood-altering drugs.
Surgical Treatment of Hearing loss-
Dietary & Herbal Treatment of Hearing loss-
- Limit Caffeine, chocolate, and sodium
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol
- Eat fresh pineapple
- Plenty of garlic, kelp, and sea vegetables in diet
Other Treatment of Hearing loss
- Removal of Earwax
- Use Hearing Aids
- Sign language and lip reading (if severe hearing loss)
I am suffering from hearing loss along with tinnitus in both the ear. For which I feel tired if talking too much. I am using hearing aid. But sound is not clear with hearing aid. So please advice for improvement of hearing I have moderate hearing loss.
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment. There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are-
2. Increasing noise
3. Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that repair hear loss and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the most old and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments by various natural methods. Some of them are:
1. Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil
If you are suffering from ear ache or loss in hearing, try putting few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store the air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
2. Raddish juice and sesame oil
If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of raddish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil till the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
3. Applewood oil
A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction then should be boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
4. Mixture of neem and turmeric
In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating puss in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
5. Mixture of raddish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds
All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat hearing loss and other ear diseases.
My mother age 68 having 70-80% disability of hearing & we can't afford cochlear implant, do you suggest any other foolproof hearing aid?
Sir I had chronic sinus problems which I wasn't aware. N finally since some years I don't listen properly WID my right ear. Is it due to sinus. I had my ear check up done. It's showing 115dbhl hearing loss .is d loss due to sinus? N what r d solutions to it. M also a patient of asthma since childhood. I used to take medicine fr it also since childhood. So is it due to side effects of it. I listen only 10%. Remaining I don't listen. Planning to visit aiims delhi.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.