Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ArunaYour feedback matters!
The human body can be compared to a very sophisticated engine that gets its power supply from the food that is eaten. Various organs require fuel for different activities be it walking, standing, stretching or even just regular maintenance where cells are constantly replaced.
The brain is one of the most complex organs in the human body. While it may not do a stretching or a jogging, it constantly needs power supply to function effectively. And as is very obvious, the body reflects the eating patterns. It is not likely that a person eating a very healthy diet would end up obese; nor does a person who is athletic eat a lot of unrefined and processed foods.
The power supply also defines how effectively the organs function, especially in the brain. Good nutrition helps good functioning of the brain. Recent studies have shown that a healthy diet can help avoid mental disorders like depression, schizophrenia problem, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), etc. This field of study is called the nutritional psychiatry.
Listed below are some food substances and how they affect brain functioning:
- Carbohydrates: These induce the production of insulin, which causes release of sugar into the body. Increased amount of sugar in the body produces better activity and mood. Tryptophan, a significant neurotransmitter is also released and further enhances mood and well-being. Eating fruits and whole grains, which contain a good amount of carbohydrates is believed to have beneficial effects on the brain, albeit slower in onset.
- Proteins: Foods such as fish, eggs, dairy, greens, peas, legumes are rich in protein and contain amino acids, which are the essential ingredients of the various neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine. Lack of amino acids like tyrosine can impair production of serotonin, leading to decreased feeling of well-being.
- Fats: The gray matter of the brain contains about 50% polyunsaturated fats, and various essential fatty acids are very essential for optimal brain functioning. Decreased levels of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are shown to cause depression. Decreased levels of Omega-3 also leads to dyslexia and autism.
- Minerals: Various minerals are very essential for proper functioning of the brain, though they are required in very minute quantities. Calcium, chromium, iodine, iron, lithium, selenium, and zinc are some of the minerals identified as important for brain function.
- B-complex: Vitamin B2 and B6 have been proven to enhance mood and improve cognitive performance.
- Vitamin B12: In addition to delaying the onset of dementia, it also improves cerebral functioning.
- Folate: Reduced levels lead to depression and also limit the functioning of antidepressants.
As is evident, nutrition plays a very important role and a little care can help improve brain functioning to a large extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian and nutritionist and ask a free question.
Hi I am 25 years old. I am suffering from throat infection. At small tongue place infection is there red infection. Please support me.
I am 20years and I am suffering from heavy cough. It's irritating me a lot. Every time I cough there will be a slight pain in my chest. Can you suggest me any remedies for it?
My friend had unprotected sex with his gf. She took pill even though she didn't get his mensis. She did pregnancy test the result is positive. Wat should we do now?
I am 22 years old girl, I have problem in my throat. When I talk, my voice gets scattered and very few people can hear me. In crowd not even the person just next to me can hear me, I can't shout also, due to these I m feeling much trouble. What could be the remedy for this?
I am having throat pain and diagnosed as tonsillitis. Iam on medication. Iam getting cough in sleeping position, making difficult to sleep. I tried all positions but nothing seems better.
Hi, I got married a month ago we decided to have baby after 2 years now we are using condoms instead of that can we use pills. Does it have side effect or affect her Health if yes what pills should we use.
I feel pain in legs,hend fingers,high hunger,thirst and there are some white thing in my urine.i also feel weakness and low stamina. Plese dr. Tell me that what can i do for my treatment ?
Older studies have indicated that viewing sexually direct media might be associated with sexual risk behaviors in men who have sex with men or homosexuas. However, most prior research has not explored this association cross-culturally or the potential influence that important a variable that is possibly predictive of the outcome under study might have on the association.The aim is to explore the association between self-reports of viewing Sexually explicit media depicting various sexual risk behaviors and engagement in sexual risk behaviors after controlling for relevant a variable that is possibly predictive of the outcome under study in India.
200 hundred Men who have sex with men participated in a survey, Sexually direct media consumption was surprisingly frequent in Men who have sex with men in India. Viewing a larger proportion of Sexually direct media showing sexual risk behaviors was associated with a larger number of regular partners with whom Men who have sex with men or homosexuals reported engaging in sexual risk behaviors, but not with the number of casual partners. HIV-related knowledge and seeking male sex partners were associated with the number of regular partners with whom homosexuals had engaged in sexual risk behaviors. Seeking sexual sensation, HIV-related knowledge, and seeking male sex partners were associated with the number of casual partners with whom Men who have sex with men had engaged in sexual risk behaviors.
Further research exploring the relation between Sexually explicit direct use and sexual health risk behaviors should considered important psychological and behavioral a variable that is possibly predictive of the outcome, as sexually transmitted infections are on the rise in our country.