Lybrate.com has top trusted Internal Medicine Specialists from across India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Internal Medicine Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun Mukherjee
Submit a review for Dr. Arun MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I have been having headaches for the last 3 days? I also have slight fever. I have taken all prescription by the doctor but nothing has helped so far.
Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and I have a issue of baldness in this age can you please tell me that what I do to remove this problem from my life.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My mom is 40 year old and she does house hold work. She feels weak. Please recommend her good diet to guard her health.
I have been suffering from diabetes for last 12 years. The condition has got severe from last 3 months. Though injecting insulin showed improvement but I am not comfortable with needles. Please suggest an effective way out.
10 benefits of unripe green papaya
Green papaya comes fully loaded with health benefits for the presence of vital nutrients like vitamin c, b and e along with potassium, fiber, magnesium and minimal calories in it. Read ahead 10 amazing benefits of unripe green papaya for better health and vitality -
1. Aids digestion: green papaya contains a digestive enzyme namely papain that supplements for lack of gastric juice. It renders benefits in cases of intestinal irritation and excessive mucus in stomach.
2. Soothes inflammation: green papaya has anti-inflammatory properties for benefitting patients of asthma, osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. It also has vitamin a that decreases lungs' inflammation in smokers. Fresh green papaya juice can also treat inflamed tonsils.
3. Eliminates toxins: the laxative fibers of green papaya get entangled with cancerous toxins and eliminate them via bowel movements. It also renders relief from constipation, piles and diarrhea.
6. Eases menstrual pain: consumption of unripe papaya contracts womb's muscles for easy and regulated menstrual flow. It also prevents menstruation cessation.
7. Controls bowel movements: green papaya is anti-parasitic and anti-amoebic in character thus is able to regulate bowel movement that consequently eases constipation, indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers, heartburn and gastric problems.
8. Prevents heart ailment: green papaya maintains regulated blood flow and keeps check on the sodium content present in the body. This reduces the chances of heart ailments.
9. Dissolves extra weight: green papaya is full of vitamin a, c and e for trimming down extra pounds.
10. Develops mammary glands: the enzymes present in green papaya develop mammary glands and increases the production of breast enhancing hormones. Its content of vitamin a stimulates the secretion of ovarian estrogen and female hormones.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I have One side headache at right side, eye itching at right side. This problem arises whenever I do head bath.
The kidneys are the main part of the urinary system, which also includes the bladder, the ureter, and the urethra. Infections reach the urinary system either through the urethra or from the bloodstream when there is an infection elsewhere. Most infections are limited to the bladder and the ureter but when an infection reaches a kidney, it can be a lot more dangerous and require immediate attention.
Pyelonephritis is more commonly known as UTI or urinary infection.
Causes: This can be an acute or a chronic condition.
- Acute condition more often happens subsequent to a bladder infection, which is not completely cured
- Chronic condition develops due to recurrent infections, kidney stones, kidney failure, and impaired renal flow
- People who have impaired immunity, poorly controlled diabetes, and higher blood pressure levels are at risk
- Women and pregnancy in particular increases the risk, as the urethra in women is shorter and puts them at greater risk of developing the infection
Similar to any infection, pyelonephritis also includes general symptoms like:
- High fever with shaking chills
- Abdominal fullness
- General lethargy and fatigue
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Warm skin with profuse sweating
- Severe cases can present with confusion
More specific symptoms include:
- Abdominal/flank pain on either side
- Bloody or cloudy urine that can be foul-smelling
- Increased frequency and urgency
- Feeling of incomplete emptying
- Painful urination
- Clinical exam can present with tenderness in the flank region
- Blood culture can reveal infection
- Urinalysis reveals impaired urine function including high levels of protein and blood
- CT scan of the abdomen area may reveal swollen kidneys
- Kidney biopsy, scan, and ultrasound may be very rarely required
- This is an acute condition, and when the elderly/pregnant are affected, immediate treatment is required
- Antibiotics are required to control the infection. The blood culture can guide to the most effective antibiotic.
- Pain relief requires the use of pain killers
- Acute cases may require admission to the hospital, with additional hydration support
- If the patient is not able to retain oral medications, they may be given as injections (antiobiotics and pain killers)
- Chronic cases may require longer use of antibiotics. Also, given the risk factors, recurrent infections need to be constantly
- Potential complications include kidney failure, recurrent infections, and chronic sepsis which can result in infection in the other organs
- Hygienic toilet habits, particularly when using public restrooms
- Hygienic sexual habits, to prevent entry of bacteria into the urinary tract
- Adequate hydration to ensure wastes and bacteria are eliminated
- Immediate treatment if you are prone for recurrent urinary infections
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!