Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am a 47 years old lady suffering from oral cancer. Due to chemo n radiation there is ulcer in my mouth so I am not taking any spices so give me suggestion what can I use to boost my immune system.
Please. Ask me cancer symptom's. And also define me its precautions. And please also tell me cancer types.
I am 59 years male and I suspect of having enlargement of prostate. Symptons like sudden urge to urinate, unable to control urine flow and slow dribbling while passing urine.
Cancer occurring in people which are not using tabacoo and alcoholic substance what's the reason behind this?
My brother is suffering from gall bladder cancer we found in biopsy after getting operation of gall bladder with tumor n stones n Dr. has suggested for chemotherapy We r from gaya Bihar n very confused what we do I heard about treatment in vellore Dr. told us he is stage 2 if we diagnosed chemotherapy what is the chance of healing n he can survive for whole life I can send biopsy n other medical records n please provide best suggestion n guide perfectly.
I am 65 years old. I have been having frequent urination and I had USG test; the test revealed that my prostrate is enlarged and approx wt. Is 112 gm. Post void: 150 ml residual urine noted. Can this be treated by medicine/herbal medicine or is operation the only answer.
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
My mother having neuro fibromatosis type 2. Now she having lower cranial nerve schwanomma. Doctors are plan for gamma knife surgery. They are fix frame and do the mri suddenly they tell gamma knife coil is not working. After that they cancel surgery and remove the frame. They give another date for surgery with in 5 days. Is there any problem for refixing the frame with in shot period. Now she very panic about for fixing of frame and pain. Please give a solution for these refixing of frame.
Hi I had hairs on my face chin area is affected most and on upper lips and on cheeks. I went through laser treatment and taking laser treatment since 2013 but initially frequency was after 20 days and after one year it was one and half month and now after three months. My question is that is it safe to take laser treatment so long. Someone has told me it causes skin cancer so was worried please guide. Is it so?
My brother's wife is cancer cured - left breast, more than 8 years. She is healthy now, working as well. I would like to know whether her daughter, 26, is taking medication for thyroid, may have this disease on hereditary basis, in future.
I am a smoker continously smokes whole day. I smoke nearly a pack of cigarettes per day some times even more I some times feel pain in lungs n heart I don't know what is the reason n where the pain is exactly in heart or lungs but some time I feel chest pain I tried to quit smoking but I failed. And I am a seafarer so I must be fit enough and able to survive conjusted n enclosed spaces but I feel suffocated n feels very uncomfortable to breathe so kindly help me suggest me what to do how to improve my health n how to stay fit how to get rid of suffocated and breathing problems ?
Sir, how much is the recovery chance of AML (acute myeloid leukemia). The patient is 7 years old girl.
Sir I am 21 years old. By Birth I have an undescended testicle that's means the right side testicle is big and healthy but in left side in the scrotum there is a small bag without the round ball. Some time I got the round ball is 1/3 of the right side ball bellow my abdominal, can touch it sometimes. It is just near to the penis's root. This is by birth. N now I want to know what is this. 1. Is it dangerous? 2. How Will Be My sex Life. Since the One testicle produced muchsemenbecause whenever in night it's falls my pant wet. 3. It is possible to be father for me. 4. Is it The first step of Testicle Cancer. 5. What will I do to prevent testicle cancer. I am so afraid N yes I feel little heavy the right side testicle. I know this is all embracing. But want know. Everything.
I have been suffering from enlargement of prostrate for last 2 years. During October 2015 my PSA was detected at 10.92.Thereafter I underwent TRUS and prostrate BX. But it revealed no sign of malignancy. However immediately after Prostrate BX, I was fallen acutely sick with complete retention of Urine. Accordingly, I was hospitalized in January 2016 and treated with iv injection and catheterization. At the time of discharge after one week with catheter in situ, I was advised to go for TURP at the earliest. However, I was not in favor of surgery. Hence, I had made consultation with another surgeon in last week of January 2016 and based on his advice I have undergone MRI Prostrate .PI Rads of MRI is 3/5. Depending on the report, he prescribed me the medicine contiflo-D and advised me to report after 1.5 months with PSA Report. Accordingly, I made report to him in FEBRUARY 2016 WTH MY PSA reading at 8.05. On going through the report, the doctor removed my catheter, prescribed the same medicine –contiflo-D, and asked me to report again in May 2015 with PSA REPORT. On 7th. May 2016, I visited the doctor with PSA reading at 6.05.The doctor then prescribed me Urimax-D and Calutide-50. In replacement of the earlier prescribed medicine. However on consuming Calutide-50, I being a bronchial Asthma patient, developed breathing problem. Accordingly, I made my PSA test on 13.06.2016 and visited doctor on 15.06.2016 with PSA report of 2.72 .On going through the report the doctor advised me to continue other medicine excepting Calutide and report after 03 months with report on PSA and Haemoglobin. I have made my PSA and haemoglobin on 02.11.2016 and the report of test reveals that PSA has been elevated to 5.27 while haemoglobin % has also increased from 14.0 to 14.4.With the report I have consulted my Urologist on 05.11.2016 and due to elevation of PSA he has advised me to continue Calutide again. I have learnt from my chemist that the medicine Calutide is generally prescribed for treatment of Prostate cancer. I am rather worried if I have been suffering from the said Incurable disease. In view of the above, kindly inform me if Calutide can also be prescribed for BPH. Regards.
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.