Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha Banerjee SarkarYour feedback matters!
That guy is unable to give instant answer he always been sad he left his smile there is lot of nonsense in him he want to kill him self get to much irritate he is very different then any other people no body want to talk with him because of his behavior (but he feel very frustrated from last few months) is this mental problem.
Hii .my close friend is so much habituated of smoking. So how can he avoid smoking what are the tips that can I do for him but he should not know that I am trying to stop his smoking.
I have been smoking from a year If I checked up my lungs or body .they may find that I have an habit of smoking?
I get tired after the class and college I am stressed because of this. What should I do for relaxation and study well. I also can't remember the answer of the questions. please help me.
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from depression for a few years now I have achieved nothing positive in my life my marks are very low and I cannot concentrate on my studies my mind wanders around evrytime I try to concentrate. My parents are very annoyed with me and wants me out of the house. I feel very lonely and I do not have much of friends my parents are also very distant and I cannot share anything with them they judge me and always brings out negativity. I have been through a series if breakups and tge recent one has completely shattered me. All these negativity has let me hate myself and I have frequent mood swings attitude problems short temper please help me to have a normal life again.
Benefits of tobacco cessation are many. You reduce your risk for hypertension, cancer, cardio-vascular diseases and other serious chronic diseases substantially, at whatever age you quit your nicotine habit. The earlier you quit, the more you benefit. If you quit before the age of 50, you bring down your risk of dying from smoking-related diseases by 50%. But if you’ve crossed 60, suffer from heart disease and/or hyper tension, you can manage these diseases better through tobacco cessation.
Here are a few other health benefits of stopping tobacco use:
- Reduces risks of heart disease, cancer especially lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cuts down risks of Impotence due to erectile dysfunction in men, and fertility problems in women
- Optic neuropathy affects the optic nerve that conducts visual signals from the eyes to the brain
- Cataract Macular degeneration is breakdown of the tissue at the back of the eye
- Gum disease
- Losing teeth early
- Osteoporosis or spongy, thin bones
- Complications in pregnancy i.e. women who smoke have more complications during pregnancy and have low-birth babies.
Your food and drink also tastes better once you kick the tobacco habit.
So, how can you stop smoking? Are there any medications and strategies available? The answer is a definite ‘Yes’. Tobacco cessation has been honed into an art these days.
- Clinics: There are tobacco cessation clinics that help you with tobacco cessation. These are manned by psychiatrists, who can provide detailed information, encouragement, and tips to stop smoking.
- Medications: You can use many medicines while you’re trying to stop smoking. This increases your chance of quitting and including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). NRT can be in the form of gums, sprays, patches, tablets, lozenges, and inhalers. NRT is even available without a prescription. Medicines called bupropion and varenicline also very useful.
- Electronic cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look and feel like normal cigarettes. These contain a heating element that vapourises a solution and looks like smoke. Some may also contain low levels of nicotine. There is currently controversial evidence on their efficacy.
- Counselling and behavioural therapy: They are both very effective too, especially if you are being guided by a cessation expert. He or she can help you with a personalised quit plan, including ways to cope with nicotine withdrawal. Apart from this, online support is also available for those who don’t have the time or money to engage in personal, face-to-face counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I lost my wife six months back. I am retired and 61 years .Both my children are now married and settled in Delhi and Banglore. I am residing at Dehradun and feel depressed.
Sir I am suffering from tension excessive thinking (24 hours the thoughts are revolving in my mind I cont stop it) and neck pain please suggest me a doctor.
Hi, I am 19 years old, Why do I always get body pains and my hemoglobin percent is 6.5grms. Please advise.
I am a student. I have Very. Bad CONCENTRATION power in studies. So please advice me the ways to improve my memory.
I want to become a civil servant, so I left my career and joined a light job to finance myself. Initially I was good in preparation but these days am unable to do so. Due to that shift job im unable to coupe up with sleep and lacking a mindset for preparation which is also making me depress. Please help.
I am 21 years old and I am female.Recently I completed my education.Now I am seeking for job. I don't know why m getting very depressed. There Is no pressure from my family. But I am very depressed by not getting job.How to over come it.Please help me
I am on Vinez 150 once a day, still feel fearful, loss of confidence and losing interest in everything.
My mother is suffering from fever from one and half month with sever pain in her complete body. What should she do?
Personality refers to the enduring and habitual patterns of behaviour, cognition, emotion, motivation and ways of relating to others. In simpler terms, it's the persona we have for the world to see and interact with. If these patterns or ways of relating with others become nonadaptive or pathological, a personality disorder develops.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is such a disorder of personality that causes mood swings, self-esteem issues, impulsive behavior and recurrent self-harm behaviour. It is very difficult to lead a normal life with these varied psychological issues.
The symptoms begin to appear from early childhood but they take a serious form only when one reaches adulthood. Issues with behavior and emotion are difficult to treat, people suffering from this illness should be willing to spend a lot of time and be dedicated towards his/her recovery. Through treatments and therapies, they do make significant improvements over time.
The exact cause of borderline personality disorder is not known but various reasons have been hypothesised as possible aetiology. Neuro-chemical disturbance in the brain, genetic vulnerability, some kind of childhood trauma like abandonment, death, neglect and/ or sexual abuse are probable causes of the disease. Prolonged and chronic stress/ anxiety may also lead to triggering of BPD symptomatology in vulnerable individuals later in life.
- Prolonged dysthymia/ sadness
- Feeling lonely/ misfit
- Emotional dysregulation or Frequent mood swings
- Significant interpersonal issues
- Self-Injurious behaviour like making cuts in skin, burning, pricking etc
These symptoms are warning signs of borderline personality disorder and should be paid attention to:
- Abandonment issue - People suffering from BPD have serious abandonment issues. They have an intense fear that they would be left alone and often act out to restrict their love ones from leaving. Sometimes their strategy is to not get too close to protect themselves from being left alone, so they appear aloof.
- Disturbed self-image - People have self-esteem issues, they sometimes love or hate themselves or see themselves as evil. They have unclear goals, views, beliefs and often end up changing their friends, lovers, jobs, sexual identity frequently.
- Dysfunctional relationships - It is very difficult to maintain a normal relationship for people with personality disorder. They tend to have quick short-lived relationships and get put off very easily which leads to a lot of heartbreak.
Suicidal tendencies and frequent self-harm behaviour like cutting skin using blades/ sharp objects are common.
Drugs and alcohol abuse, eating disorders and sexual promiscuity are other forms of self-destructive behaviour commonly encountered in this population. Extreme aggression, delusions, transitional Psychotic states are other possible symptoms of BPD.
Love and support from family and friends are crucial for patients suffering from this disease. Prolonged counseling sessions, therapies and the effort to break away from the chronic gloomy thoughts will definitely lead one to a better life.