Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjuYour feedback matters!
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi I have pcod and high prolactin level. Dr. advised ke to have fertyl50 mg. Can fertyl 50 mg helps me to maintain the level of prolactin.
There is this general idea regarding gynecologists that one just needs to consult them when you are pregnant. Other than pregnancy, most women need the help of a gynaecologist, general specialist or a family doctor for managing certain womanly issues. Gynaecological problems are of various kinds and are not just limited to pregnancy or postpartum health conditions.
A point by point discussion, carrying out the required tests alongside the right treatment are done by your gynaecologist. It can assess your health status and make it better.
Here are some reasons to visit a gynecologist:
1. Menstrual irregularity: In case of menstrual irregularity, you should visit your gynaecologist quickly. Abnormal bleeding from the uterus may indicate many a disease such as fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic infection or the presence of polyps in the uterus.
Visit a gynecologist when:
- Your periods are irregular and far away.
- You have repetitive periods, which return in a range of 21 days or less.
- There is bleeding in between the periods.
- Your periods keep going over 7 days
- You have exceptionally postponed periods
- Your periods are unnaturally heavy.
- You miss your periods.
- Abnormal cases of menstrual bleeding.
2. Vaginal problems: Problems in the vagina may lead to infection in the urinary tract. A gynaecologist should be consulted who would prescribe OTC medicines. In case of problems in the vagina, a gynaecologist should be consulted when:
- The frequency of your urine increase abnormally without any specific reason.
- There is pain or burning sensation during urination.
- Urine is accompanied with blood.
- There is an abnormal discharge coming out from your vagina.
- You have itching sensation in your vagina.
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
3. Problems with the breasts: Any kind of problem in the breasts needs the attention of a gynaecologist. In case of breast issues, you should visit a doctor when
- A certain amount of discomfort is experienced in the breasts during periods.
- A lump is felt in the breasts.
- Discharge material comes out from the breasts.
4. Pain in lower abdomen: An abdominal pain can cause tumors, fibroids or even ovarian cysts in women. On the off chance that you encounter insufferable abdominal pain alongside menstrual irregularity, discuss the signs and side effects with your gynaecologist. Visit the doctor when:
- Pelvic pain is experienced occasionally along with great discomfort.
- Menstrual cramps occur.
- Pain in lower abdomen occurs after having sex.
- A lump develops in the abdomen accompanied by pain.
Pregnancy is not the only reason for visiting a gynaecologist as a gynaecologist looks after many other issues in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I have a doubt that I may pregnant I feel uncomfortable to ask for pregnancy strips In medical . Please suggest me
She is my wife She has blood cancer Should we use condom while having sex. Is her prob. Affects me if I will not use condom.
I am having a long term periods, twice in a month and that long for 10 to 12 days, went to a doctor and she prescribed Tranostat, it worked for a month. But when next month again the same problem.
I delivered a baby before 6 months and it was through operation and not a normal delivery. Me and my husband were not physically involved after delivery. Is it safe now for a relation? Were my inside wounds healed?
I am 27 week pregnant. In the night I can't sleep comfortably also I feel breathing problem. What should I do.
Have 2 cups per day (without sugar).
It helps in increasing metabolic rate thereby helps in weight loss, reduce cholesterol levels, increases immunity & antioxidants maintain good health & prevent diseases.
I am a 21 year old girl studying second year college. I have a family history of thalassemia and it was recently found out that I am a minor my self. I have been anemic since childhood and my most recent tests diagnosed my hemoglobin to be 10.6 and also that I have a fatty liver (Grade one). I have missed my periods for the last two months but without any other side effects. Very often I feel like I might start with it anytime but I do not. Being sexually active, I have tried a home pregnancy test for 6 times in the last one month and it has always been negative. I have had regular periods all my life but only for 3 days each month. I am really confused why the sudden gap and would request for an answer.
The health benefits of honey and cinnamon include its ability to promote a stronger immune system, digestive system, increase the health of the heart, bones, skin, teeth, and hair, as well as stimulate weight loss. It also helps in relief from itching, and the improvement of arthritis symptoms.