Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AnjaliYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My periods were from 20 December to 26 December, on 31 December we have unprotected sex. On 2nd January suddenly bleeding start and it remain till 7 January and it's only few drops of blood 2-3 times a day and also have foul smell. Tell me the reason for bleeding and what to do.
I done my ovulation study yesterday and my egg was reputered then my gynecologist done first setting of iui treatment and second treatment on 3rd june after one hour I feel so cramps it's so much I did not take any medicine I take rest only please tell me is cramping is normal? and after iui treatment when I get to know that I am pregnant? please tell me I want to be pregnant please tell me. Thanks.
Hello, . My query is regarding my pregnancy. Its my 8 wk of pregnancy. I need help for proper diet schedule, foods to avoid during pregnancy and safe multivitamins and other supplements for proper growth, health of fetus. Thanks.
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include:
- Increased risk of needing a C-section
- Preeclampsia and high blood pressure
- Preterm chance of birth
-Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits.
-Stay happy and content.
-Take it easy
My wife is having white discharge problem from 2 years. I have taken her to many doctors but non work. Can anyone suggest me anything.
I have PCOD. Prescribed clomifene for 5 days from 2nd day. Den GMH INJECTION ON 5TH AND 7TH DAY. TODAY ON DAY 12, I HAVE 3 FOLLICLES OF 18.6 MM ON MY LEFT OVARY AND 2 19 AND 1 16 MM FOLLICLES ON MY RIGHT OVARY. LAST MONTH I HAD 2 DIMUNANT FOLLICLES AND EVEN AFTER TAKING HCG 5000 IT DID NOT RUPTURE. WAT SHUD B MY NEXT STEP?
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.